The Feds bail out the writing industry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Feds bail out the writing industry

"As we all know, lax writing practices earlier this decade led to irresponsible writing and irresponsible reading..."

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/04/we...h.html?_r=1&em
    "By concealing your desires, you may trick people into being cruel about the wrong thing." --Steven Aylett, Fain the Sorcerer
    "You gotta get me to the tall corn." --David Mamet, Spartan
    "
    Amateurs talk technology, professionals talk conditions." --(unknown)

Re: The Feds bail out the writing industry

This bill contains a broad set of tools that can be deployed to strengthen writers, large and small, that serve businesses and families
    What "broad set of tools"?
    Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

i can't wait, as an american taxpayer, to receive my piece of the bailout--a kindle preloaded with strunk & white's elements of style!

oh, i do have one correction for writer jillian gough:

This bill contains a broad set of tools that can be deployed to strengthen writers, large and small, that who serve businesses and families...
      superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

And I hope they'll be paying us by the word! Some of us will be able to finally retire.

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
          What "broad set of tools"?
          Stop asking difficult questions, dude. This is national policy! Too important to be bothered by details.

Originally posted by cynsaligia View Post
          oh, i do have one correction for writer jillian gough:
          Haha. Nice catch.

Originally posted by snowbird View Post
          And I hope they'll be paying us by the word! Some of us will be able to finally retire.
          Totally. I've got no shortage of four letter words.
          "By concealing your desires, you may trick people into being cruel about the wrong thing." --Steven Aylett, Fain the Sorcerer
          "You gotta get me to the tall corn." --David Mamet, Spartan
          "
          Amateurs talk technology, professionals talk conditions." --(unknown)

Comment

Originally posted by snowbird View Post
            Originally posted by MyopicJoe View Post
            Totally. I've got no shortage of four letter words.
            well, MJ, what you linked to in NYT is a swift essay on writing containing a modest proposal. only a pope would be worthy of praying for better. *chortlechortle*

that said, holey crap--it's midnight! cynderella's got to hie herself to bed!
            superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Working...
            X