X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Most despised politician

Originally posted by Kalihiboy View Post
    On the other hand Bush can be blamed for only so long, within a year or two
    Meh. It's already on Obama's lap. Said he can do better, let's see.
    Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
      Thanks for reminding me. A conviction for Blago would make him the fourth Illinois governor to have done hard time. And the corruption in Springfield merely scratches the surface of the problem. We haven't even talked about Dan Rostenkowski, Richard J. Daley, and William (Big Bill) Thompson.

People in Hawaii who moan and complain about what they think is rampant political corruption in this state have no idea....
      I was born and spent the first 12 years of my life in Illinois as well as spending all my summers visiting my grandparents thru my high school years. I like to think of the good guys who have come out of Illinois politics too, the Abraham Lincoln's, Adlai Stevenson's, Paul Simon's, Jim Thompson, etc. to name a few and I list politicians from both parties.

Another state I lived in for 13 years was Arizona where we had Senators McCain and Deconcini involved in the Keating 5, as well as two governors when I was in high school and college booted out of office, the late Evan Mecham and Fife Symington. But we also had some who achieved national notice, Barry Goldwater whose grandchildren I went to high school with, Bruce Babbit, Terry & Sam Goddard, Jack Williams, fellow NAU alumni Raul H. Castro, my friend the late Governor Paul Fannin, Janet Napolitano, etc.

Aj

Comment

Originally posted by AlohaKine View Post
        Obama raised my taxes and those of poor and working people within days of taking office after he said he wouldn't. He's on my despised list. Wouldn't want the Kerry's and the Kennedy's of this world to pay for SCHIP now would you Obama?
        Er, you must be talking about cigarette taxes. He actually lowered the federal income tax bite by a little bit every paycheck.
        The $400 credit for individuals is to be doled out through the rest of the year. Couples are slated to get up to $800. Most workers are to see about a $13 per week increase in their take-home pay. In 2010, the credit would be about $7.70 a week, if it is spread over the entire year.
        From USA Today: http://www.usatoday.com/news/washing...saturday_N.htm
        http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

Obama raised my taxes and those of poor and working people within days of taking office after he said he wouldn't.?
          Huh? What are you talking about? Give me some facts!
          Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

my boss

Comment

It used to be my boss, until I quit and started a business. Then I understood what no sleep, endless worry, and sky-high taxes did to a person.

I owe her an apology.

Comment

Originally posted by Vanilla View Post
                What I find interesting from a purely observational perspective----the LACK of Obama bumper stickers over here on Kauai. Before the election, they were on like every other car. Now, nowhere.
                On Oahu they are being replaced with his logo and "OBUMMER" replacing his name.

No doubt I'm out of touch politically, but outside of filling the government positions with his 'friends' of questionable repute, I have no complaints.

K?
                Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
                ~ ~
                Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
                Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
                Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaonohi View Post
                  On Oahu they are being replaced with his logo and "OBUMMER" replacing his name.

No doubt I'm out of touch politically, but outside of filling the government positions with his 'friends' of questionable repute, I have no complaints.
                  That’s very generous of you. I didn’t vote for Obama, so in that respect, I am only disappointed because he was elected. He has (so far) fulfilled the agenda that I assumed he would, which of course, is contrary to many of the campaign promises he made to all those eager beavers that voted for him. Except maybe Raytheon execs.
                  Last edited by TuNnL; October 15, 2009, 07:19 PM. Reason: link

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
                  USA TODAY, page 2A
                  11 March 1993

Comment

Originally posted by TuNnL View Post
                    He has (so far) fulfilled the agenda that I assumed he would, which of course, is contrary to many of the campaign promises he made
                    Which agenda contrary to campaign promises? And don't go making stuff up.

You might want to check politifact.com They are pretty hard on both Republicans and Democrats.

At this point, I give Obama a B/B-

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
                      Which agenda contrary to campaign promises? And don't go making stuff up.
                      I already went into that here. In short, the global elitist agenda. Try to keep up.

Originally posted by matapule View Post
                      You might want to check politifact.com They are pretty hard on both Republicans and Democrats.
                      No kidding. I never said I supported the GOP either.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
                      USA TODAY, page 2A
                      11 March 1993

Comment

Originally posted by TuNnL View Post
                        I already went into that here........Try to keep up.
                        Oh pardon me for not hanging on every word you write on HT. What is it with you? You have something against old people?

In short, the global elitist agenda.
                        Har, har! Now there's some pseudo-intellectual babble for you! But regardless, Obama was elected by a significant majority based on the agenda he supported. Deal with it.

No kidding. I never said I supported the GOP either.
                        I know that, you support that paragon of reason, Ron Paul. But had you gone to politifact.com you would have seen a scorecard on Obama's agenda.

Comment

I started off this thread highlighting John Edwards' fall from grace. Other people voiced their own thoughts on the matter. (Obama?!?) But Gallup did a poll which reflected what I've been saying all along.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/123698/Jo...ngs-Slide.aspx

Now, following his admission that that he had an extramarital affair during his 2008 presidential campaign and allegations that Edwards' campaign made illegal payments to his mistress, Edwards' favorable rating has dropped 27 percentage points. Gallup has never before found as steep a decline in consecutive measurements of a prominent figure using the favorable/unfavorable format, which it began using in 1992.

Edwards can take some comfort in knowing that he's not the most despised public figure out there,.... I think???

Edwards is far from the most reviled figure Gallup has polled about. His 57% unfavorable rating is well below those Gallup has measured for Osama bin Laden (97%), Saddam Hussein (96%), Mark Fuhrman (87%), Fidel Castro (83%), Monica Lewinsky (82%), and Yasser Arafat (80%). The highest unfavorable rating for a U.S. politician is 79% for David Duke.
                          This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

I wonder what Senator Baucus' unfavorable rating is right about now.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
                              I started off this thread highlighting John Edwards' fall from grace. Other people voiced their own thoughts on the matter. (Obama?!?) But Gallup did a poll which reflected what I've been saying all along.

Edwards is far from the most reviled figure Gallup has polled about. His 57% unfavorable rating is well below those Gallup has measured for Osama bin Laden (97%), Saddam Hussein (96%), Mark Fuhrman (87%), Fidel Castro (83%), Monica Lewinsky (82%), and Yasser Arafat (80%). The highest unfavorable rating for a U.S. politician is 79% for David Duke.
                              Wow, 3% of Americans were not disfavorable of Bin Laden. I'd like to meet some of that 3% and show those sickos what's up.

Comment

Wow, 3% of Americans were not disfavorable of Bin Laden. I'd like to meet some of that 3% and show those sickos what's up.
                                From the article:
                                "...the maximum margin of sampling error is ±4 percentage points..." Fits within the margin-of-error.

Comment

Working...
                                X