Gun violence in Chicago at all time high

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gun violence in Chicago at all time high

"We're seeing fractured gangs, we're seeing a real spirit of hopelessness," Pfleger said of the South Side neighborhood where he lives and leads the congregation at St. Sabina Church. "I think you have folks becoming immune, like this is something we've got to live with."
    Gun violence has plagued Chicago for years, but in recent months the number of incidents has grown compared to the previous year. As of the end of July, homicides in the city were up about 27 percent. Through the first quarter of the year, murders had spiked as high as 60 percent over 2011.

"You have folks becoming immune." Isn't that the truth. How much more gun violence is it going to take before people speak out? Oh that's right, if gun violence occurs in the ghetto, then it is okay.

"STRICT GUN CONTROL NOW!"
    Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Re: Gun violence in Chicago at all time high

We all agree with you, Matapule, on the necessity of strict gun control. Our difference lies in how we define it. There are many of us who view it as an individual responsibility, not a governmental responsibility. If I stab you or I crash my car (or jetski) into you or I poison you and you die, the result is the same. Why focus on only one vehicle of homicide/suicide? Why not focus on the commonality? A negligent shooting homicide is no worse or better than a negligent jetski homicide and an intentional arson is no better or worse than an intentional shooting rampage when each kills an equal number.

"MATCHSTICK CONTROL NOW!" - That's what I'm hearing from ya.
    Last edited by salmoned; August 16, 2012, 01:13 PM.
    May I always be found beneath your contempt.

Comment

Originally posted by salmoned View Post
      We all agree with you, Matapule, on the necessity of strict gun control. Our difference lies in how we define it. There are many of us who view it as an individual responsibility, not a governmental responsibility. If I stab you or I crash my car (or jet ski) into you or I poison you and you die, the result is the same. Why focus on only one vehicle of homicide/suicide? Why not focus on the commonality? A negligent shooting homicide is no worse or better than a negligent jet ski homicide and an intentional arson is no better or worse than an intentional shooting rampage when each kills an equal number.

"MATCHSTICK CONTROL NOW!" - That's what I'm hearing from ya.
      Exactly. Gun abuse is a problem, a SERIOUS problem, but not the only one. It's simply the one that is in the newspapers every day.

We are getting annurned to the problem.
      Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
      ~ ~
      Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
      Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
      Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

If I lived in the madland I'd have me at least one of these http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=798eN...eature=related
        Might just get one any way, at $400, why not?
        https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Working...
        X