corruption & hypocrisy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• corruption & hypocrisy

seattletimes.com/html/opinion/2019582123_harropcolumntaggxml.html?syndication=rs s#.UJU2Q7jFeC4.facebook

Re: corruption & hypocrisy

Give us a hint on the topic?
    Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by Amati View Post
      Give us a hint on the topic?
      I would guess Kalalau is referring to the current political 'wars.'

I don't like spending the time opening a link (PCs are SOOO slow!) without an idea of what I'm getting into.
      Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
      ~ ~
      Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
      Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
      Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaonohi View Post
        I don't like spending the time opening a link (PCs are SOOO slow!) without an idea of what I'm getting into.
        Me neither, matter of fact, 99% of the time I won't even bother. It's similar to how I handle my emails, if I cannot figure out what they are about by the subject or the sender, I just hit delete. And a telemarketer doesn't stand a chance with me.

Comment

Originally posted by Amati View Post
          if I cannot figure out what they are about by the subject or the sender, I just hit delete.
          That's why I didn't open this thread either! Sort of reminds me of the Seinfeld episode about "Nothing."
          Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Have you been following the career of Mitt Romney’s boy Tagg? As his dad runs for president denouncing “crony capitalism” and “big government,” Tagg has been gathering some of Mitt’s richest friends into a private-equity fund called Solamere — a clever instrument for pursuing government subsidies, contracts and tax breaks should Romney win.

You see, disclosure laws would make it hard for a President Romney to hide many conflicts of interest. But if the money guys are in Tagg’s Solamere, we don’t know what conflicts of interest the Romney contributors are profiting from. We may not even know the investors’ names.

“The close relationship with Romney and this investment opportunity looks to me like people are investing to buy access,” Bob Edgar, head of Common Cause, told me. “People are (literally) speculating that Romney may become the next president of the United States. It doesn’t smell good.”

Before Solamere, Tagg’s main claim to business fame was as a marketer for the Los Angeles Dodgers. Now he’s playing financier. The interesting part is that whether Mitt wins or loses (and he and his wife have given Solamere $10 million), Tagg and Spence Zwick — his campaign’s finance chairman and a Solamere partner — make a pile.

Here’s an example of the awful possibilities: One of Solamere’s founding partners is Marc Leder, whose Sun Capital owns the Scooter Store. (It was at a fundraiser in Leder’s Boca Raton, Fla., home that Romney dismissed 47 percent of Americans as wards of the government.)

You can read more at the link. Its interesting. Shows the pose of moral superiority is such a load of BS, a pose, an absolute pose. The man is a con artist. But we knew that.

Comment

The opening post isn't even a clickable link.

Comment

add http:// at the front. Sorry. It actually is an interesting piece.

Comment

Thanks for the in fo, Kala, it's interesting enough I'll check it out.
                  Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
                  ~ ~
                  Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
                  Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
                  Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Thanks for the added info, it makes this thread reader-friendly now.

Comment

Unfortunately, I never read pass the top full screen - this post failed the 'interesting' test and is irredeemable.
                      May I always be found beneath your contempt.

Comment

Working...
                      X