Gun Control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Gun Control

An eleven year old boy was arrested at a Utah elementary school for bringing a pistol to school and pointing it at other students, threatening to kill them. He said his parents encouraged him to take the gun to school for "self protection." The paranoid insanity continues!
    Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

I encourage ongoing ranting in this thread, in support of matapule's point - how anyone can be so inured to the horrific violence of recent shootings that they aren't ragingly furious is beyond my understanding.

How can anyone be so soulless that they think only calm discussion will steer us towards a solution? Calm discussion is what we've had for far too long, leading to far too many innocent deaths. Calm discussion will allow many more children to die violently at the hands of people who have obtained insane levels of firepower.

If you have any anger over these tragedies, the time is NOW to rise up and act. If all you seek is more useless calm discussion, the next victims will be witness to your inaction.

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
        An eleven year old boy was arrested at a Utah elementary school for bringing a pistol to school and pointing it at other students, threatening to kill them. He said his parents encouraged him to take the gun to school for "self protection." The paranoid insanity continues!
        A teen from Vancouver, Washington, pleaded guilty to stealing his father’s gun and taking it to school, police said. Fifteen-year-old Wyatt Michael Ball pleaded guilty to theft and possessing a dangerous weapon on school grounds, The Columbian reports. Police say Ball came to Evergreen High School with a combination .410-gauge shotgun and .22-caliber rifle disassembled in a nylon case, with plans to sell the weapon to another student.

Comment

A company is marketing bullet proof back packs for your kids to wear to school. They have kevlar in them. Maybe they can make little kevlar beanies too, and kevlar dresses for the girls and kevlar jeans for the boys. A gun advocate on TV said teachers should be armed. I guess to be prepared the teacher would have to be packin, no point having the gun in a desk where he/she couldn't get to it quickly. It would be a good idea to add a unit on firearms and target practice to teacher training. What a great world for kids to grow up in.

Comment

If gun possession by the general population is a deterrent to gun violence as proposed by the NRA and its minions,........then why do we have metal detectors at the Capitol building in DC with massive number of law enforcement personnel who are well armed. Why are metal detectors necessary if simply being well armed is all the protection we need? Why don't the gun nut legislators who accept contributions from the NRA simply pack their own firearms if they believe that we need to be well armed for self-protection. Stop hiding behind the Second Amendment. We need to return our nation a semblance of sanity. Amend the Second Amendment now to remove the vestiges of the 18th Century Revolution!

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

• The gun violence never stops

THE VIOLENCE NEVER STOPS: 4 Dead In Horrific Murder-Suicide... Man Shot To Death In New Orleans... 2 Killed In Penn. City... Man Shot Dead In Truck... Another Gunned Down In Street... Nightclub Shooting Kills Man

Comment

I'm just a messenger so don't shoot me.

Our country is just ahead of Yemen in per capita blunderbuss ownership.

Camden , new Jersey ran a buy back program and some interesting

devices emerged that had been used by Hitlers staunchest troops.

I can recall Mick Jagger saying it's just a shot away.

There are so many guns embedded in the culture that it will take a

long time to stop all these mass slaughters.

The politicians get a lot of money from the weapons lobby,

and heck, if you disagree they may decide to shoot you.

Comment

Originally posted by lensperson View Post
                  I'm just a messenger so don't shoot me.
                  I'm not afraid of the gun nuts. They are bullies who like to hide behind the Second Amendment. They like to boast that "they have guns and they are willing to use them," but that's all it is, a boast. Take their guns away and they are just so much hot air.

Strict gun control now!

Comment

-----------

Seems to me that is what you are doing. Have you read David R. Lott, "More Guns, Less Crime?" Have you investigated what you would classify as "GunNuts? What constitutes a gun nut?

It seems not. You pick and choose articles from periodicals that support your viewpoint and focus on those.

I agree that we need a solution to a growing problem, however, strict gun control (like strict assault weapons ban, or prohibition), doesn't seem to work.
                    Right now there are hundreds of fully-automatic weapons in civilian hands (I would call them gun nuts) which have been outlawed since the 1930's.

What is your plan? We don't have the manpower for a house-to-house search, voluntary turn-in won't work, laws are callously ignored. I like the idea of controlling ownership and distribution of weapons, but I don't know how to do it. Do you? Or are you just playing chicken little?

I understand your rant is because of an increasing number of innocent deaths by firearms, and I want it to stop just as much as you. I think part of the problem is "monkey see, monkey do." Someone starts it, the newspapers exploit it, and soon everyone is doing it.

It is exceptionally painful when the innocents are children. I still don't think gun control is the answer; maybe it is a piece of the answer, but this isn't a buffet; we have to try out other things, as well. Safe storage. Psych screening. Post-purchase check-ups for safe storage, and many more things.

Guns are actually much less fatal than other forms of killing, but because they are more publicized we are being programmed through the media, and by people like Matapule, to think that our lives will be paradise if we only have gun control. It ain't gonna happen.
                    Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
                    ~ ~
                    Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
                    Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
                    Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Some evangelical churches in the bible belt are offering concealed weapon classes to attract new members. These churches preach the religion of peace? Too many people in American society have gone completely insane! Churches are now advocates for the gun industry? Too many people in American society have gone completely insane! Congregations giving any kind of support to gun violence? Too many people in American society have gone completely insane!

This scenario is just indicative of how mentally ill American society is. When churches start to tolerate gun violence, it is the beginning of the downfall of that society.

Comment

The Ten Craziest Quotes from today's NRA press conference

My favorite: “There exists in this country a callous, corrupt and corrupting shadow industry that sells, and sows, violence against its own people." A-HEM ... isn't that part of the NRA's mission statement?

Comment

The NRA's solution to the massacre at Sandy Hook is armed guards at all our schools. OUTRAGEOUS! I am calling on all NRA members and supporters on HT to repudiate the NRA. The NRA is a subversive organization that promotes violence in the USA. They should be banned as a terrorist organization.

Comment

As an HT member I repudiate the NRA!
                            I also want armed guards at all schools and other vunerable institutions until we get a sensible grip on the problems that lead to mega agro individuals killing innocents. And post the Nat. Guard at all intersections of high crime communities until they are safe again while at it.
                            https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
                              As an HT member I repudiate the NRA!
                              I also want armed guards at all schools and other vunerable institutions until we get a sensible grip on the problems that lead to mega agro individuals killing innocents. And post the Nat. Guard at all intersections of high crime communities until they are safe again while at it.
                              I thought you left the discussion?

I want armed police outside the homes of all gun owners.......and the gun owners should have to pay for them. It is just a cost for being so paranoid and obsessed with guns. Keep our schools gun free.

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
                                I thought you left the discussion?
                                I want armed police outside the homes of all gun owners.......and the gun owners should have to pay for them. It is just a cost for being so paranoid and obsessed with guns. Keep our schools gun free.
                                I'm not discussing, I'm repudiating and stating.
                                Keep our schools murder free!
                                https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Working...
                                X