X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• matapule
    replied
    Re: Gun Control

I have made no secret that I find entertainers, like Ted Nugent, opinions on gun control to be obnoxious, uninformed, and absurd. Heck, he's a lousy entertainer to boot and if his "music" was not supported by right wing gun nuts, he would be collecting food stamps because he is not equipped to do anything else in life!

However, I find opinions of some gun control advocate entertainers like Eddie Vedder of Pearl Jam to be equally obnoxious, uninformed, and absurd. Who the hell is Eddie Vedder and what is a Pearl Jam? I've never heard of them and I am unable to recall any of their music. His statement that "I get so angry that I almost wish bad things upon these people, (gun nuts)" is offensive and inappropriate. I am offended.

Gun nuts create their own karma. Those who live by the sword will die by the sword............just don't force me to suffer the consequences of your paranoid madness.

STRICT GUN CONTROL NOW!

Leave a comment:

• Kalalau
    replied

It turns out that in the biker beating incident in NYC 3 of the bikers were off duty cops. Long ago I read somewhere that cop and criminal personalities were very similar. The motorist was rescued by a civilian, not a cop, a cop from the street or the biker group. You sure saw that violent gang frenzy in the video of the 4 LA cops that beat up Rodney King. And knowing people from the court system, it appears cops lie freely under oath in court whenever it suits their convenience.

Leave a comment:

• matapule
    replied

The FBI has just released its statistical list of the most violent States in the US, those with the highest rate of violent crime per capita. And the winner is..........ding, ding, ding.........Tennessee! Eight of the top ten are Red States with high rates of gun ownership. Nope, California and New York are NOT in the top ten.

STRICT GUN CONTROL NOW!

Leave a comment:

• Kaonohi
    replied

Originally posted by matapule View Post
    The NRA and their members ARE the bad guys!

STRICT GUN CONTROL NOW!
    That's what ALL the bad guys say!

Point a finger, and 3 point back at you....

Leave a comment:

• matapule
    replied

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
    How soon can we get rid of all the bad guys and the bad guns?
    The NRA and their members ARE the bad guys!

STRICT GUN CONTROL NOW!

Leave a comment:

• Ron Whitfield
    replied

How soon can we get rid of all the bad guys and the bad guns? The sooner the better for my selfish dreams, I'd like to see it in this lifetime.

Leave a comment:

• matapule
    replied

from Helen Philpot:

"Margaret, when someone comes at you with a gun, respond with a gun. And when someone comes at you with a bigger gun, don’t mess around – trade up to a semi-automatic assault rifle with a hi-capcity clip. Fight violence with more violence. That’s cleary (sic) the only way to respond to the horror in Connecticut… if you’re a dipshit from the NRA.
    Are they bullshitting us? Some peckerwood named Wayne LaPierre at the National Rifle Association announced that the NRA would form the National School Shield Emergency Response Program. And by that he means “armed security” at every school. I don’t know Margaret, NSSERP doesn’t roll off the tongue as easily as NRA. This from the people who came up with “Trigger the Vote” as a voter registration slogan for the last election. I guess I expected better.
    According to LaPierre, “the only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun.” Clearly the idea of not having access to the gun in the first place escapes LaPierre, but with a name like that I imagine he became infatuated with guns at an early age. Of course, asking the NRA for a solution to gun violence is like asking Wal-Mart for a solution to big box stores. Somehow having more of them was going to be a given. I wonder if LaPierre knew that just such a security person was on duty at Columbine High School in 1999? My guess would be that fact was overlooked by Mr. LaPierre considering he spends most of his time with his head up his ass.
    But really, what the hell do I know? I am just a stupid old woman whose biggest claim to fame is cooking almost anything in bacon grease. But even I can grasp the concept that guns designed to shoot 30 bullets in 10 seconds or 100 rounds without reloading have no business being sold in the first place. Holding gun owners accountable for storing their guns safely from those not legally allowed to use them doesn’t require much deep thought either. Creating a market where bullets are more expensive than a McDonald’s hamburger might be worth considering as well. This is not rocket science. However, I am sure if the NRA were totally honest, they would admit to wanting a few rocket launchers on the school lawn as well. I hear that in addition to killing bad guys they can take out a lot of deer with one launch.
    If we follow the logic of LaPierre, we need armed security at elementary schools, middle schools, high schools, college campuses, movie theatres, malls, churches, office buildings, grocery stores, parades… I guess the NRA needs to create the National Everywhere Shield Emergency Response Program (NESERP). Now that has a nice ring to it. Sadly, with almost 300 million guns in America, we’re already there thanks to the lobbying efforts of the NRA.
    Mr. LaPeirre also called on Congress to create “an active national database of the mentally ill”. I couldn’t agree more. The first name on that list can be his. I mean it. Really."

STRICT GUN CONTROL NOW!

Leave a comment:

• Kaonohi
    replied

Wish I could post it here AS A .JPG....

There is a sign at the Utah border; it says:

WELCOME TO
    UTAH
    ATTENTION CRIMINALS, TERRORISTS

Over 2,000,000 Utah Residents
    Have A Legal Permit To Carry A Handgun
    They Are Armed And Prepared To Defend Themselves
    And Others Against Acts Of Criminal Violence

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

COLORADO, HOWEVER, HAS
    BEEN DISARMED FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE
    Last edited by Kaonohi; October 4, 2013, 01:33 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Kaonohi
    replied

In 1863 a Democrat shot and killed Abraham Lincoln, President of the United States.

In 1983 a registered Democrat shot and wounded Ronald Reagan.

In 2007 a registered Democrat named Seung-Hui Cho shot and killed 32 people in Virginia Tech.

In 2010 a mentally ill registered Democrat named Jared Lee Loughner shot Rep. Gabrielle Giffords and killing 6 others.

In 2011 a registered Democrat named James Holmes went into a movie theater and shot and killed 12 people.

In 2013 a registered Democrat named Adam Lanza shot and killed 26 people in a school.

One could go on, but you get the point, even if the media does not.

Clearly, there is a problem with Democrats and guns.

SOLUTION: It should simply be illegal for Democrats to own guns. Best idea I’ve seen.

Leave a comment:

• Ron Whitfield
    replied

Ron, why are you being such a dufus? This is becoming a pattern. She was unexpectedly overwhelmed by Priven.
    As a dufus I appreciated that you indeed had more info and moved on from that particular killing and asked how it would differ in the many other killings where someone could have stood a chance. But yes, this is a pointless pattern, since you stridently want law abiding citizens unarmed and unable to survive, while I merely want at least chance to survive, and sadly that means having firepower at our disposal. Make the world peaceful and we won't need protection, until then...

Leave a comment:

• matapule
    replied

How my statement re pro defense would differ from the many other examples of similar victims that could have saved themselves with firearm protection?
    Ron, why are you being such a dufus? This is becoming a pattern. She was unexpectedly overwhelmed by Priven. She could have had a bazooka at her disposal but it wold have done her no good because she was incapicitated by the first sneak attack stab wound. It was a bloody mess. The fales we lived in were about 10 feet by 20 feet - living room, bedroom, kitchen, and primitive toilet (that's the size of a one car garage). That's it! Her's would have been relatively commodious since we married couple had to share a fale of the same dimensions. There's no place to run, no place to hide.

STRICT GUN CONTROL NOW!

Leave a comment:

• Ron Whitfield
    replied

What do you want to know?
    How my statement re pro defense would differ from the many other examples of similar victims that could have saved themselves with firearm protection?

Leave a comment:

• matapule
    replied

unless you have more info you have no clue what the actual situation was that nite beyond the article,
    Actually, I do have more information. What do you want to know?

STRICT GUN CONTROL NOW!

Leave a comment:

• Ron Whitfield
    replied

Uh, Ron, had you read the summary, they were both drunk. Nothing like mixing alcohol and guns. He overpowered her. He weighed 100 pounds more than she did. She had no opportunity to defend herself.
    I certainly read it and unless you have more info you have no clue what the actual situation was that nite beyond the article, but we know she's dead and had no chance of serious self defense being alone, unarmed, and against someone with a knife and the intent to harm. My bet is even if drunk that had she been trained, armed, and more confident, she'd be alive today. I want people to have the options of being able to defend themselves in serious situations.

Sanity in an insane world, now and forever more!

Leave a comment:

• matapule
    replied

But if she'd been carrying she'd probably be alive today and the creep dead.
    Uh, Ron, had you read the summary, they were both drunk. Nothing like mixing alcohol and guns. He overpowered her. He weighed 100 pounds more than she did. She had no opportunity to defend herself.

STRICT GUN CONTROL NOW

Leave a comment:

Working...
X