replied
    Re: Gun Control

Where is the "like" button??

Leave a comment:

• matapule
    replied

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
    They weren't available at the right place and time, leaving unarmed civilians defenseless and at the killer's mercy.
    I thought you were done with this thread!

So you are one of the gun nuts who thinks that EVERY man, woman, and child in the US should be packing 24 hours a day. It just shows how depraved some people can be.

Arguably, we live in this most violent society in the history of the world, populated with nuts. From my standpoint, this is a fight for survival that trumps any nut's right to own a deadly firearm.

STRICT GUN CONTROL NOW!

Leave a comment:

• Ron Whitfield
    replied

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
    Can today's tragedy finally put to rest that stupid argument that putting more guns into people's hands would decrease the senseless gun violence in America?
    Not if you can't explain why those with arms weren't able to quickly diffuse the matter. They weren't available at the right place and time, leaving unarmed civilians defenseless and at the killer's mercy.

Leave a comment:

• Kalalau
    replied

As we see from the recall of the Colorado legislators who were in favor of gun control, the voters do not like gun control, and that in a state with Columbine and the theater massacre in its recent history. Nothing will be done about guns. And you can be sure nothing will be done about tobacco, either. There's just too much money involved. Look at Mrs. Obama catching holy hell for trying to keep America's kids from getting diabetes. What the government will do is prosecute medicinal cannabis. Its just so much easier to bully sick and dying people, they are easy targets who can't defend themselves, and at any given time there aren't that many of them and they won't be voting in the future anyway, and its such a nice show, it shows our government really cares. It shows how democracy really works.

Leave a comment:

• GregLee
    replied

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
    Can today's tragedy AT A MILITARY FACILITY WHERE THERE ARE ARMED GUARDS AND WELL-TRAINED ARMED PERSONNEL ALL OVER THE F'ING PLACE finally put to rest that stupid argument that putting more guns into people's hands would decrease the senseless gun violence in America?
    No, I hope not, because I like people to make sense. I happen not to believe that more guns would decrease gun violence in America. But what happened in this incident doesn't show that, so nothing is being put to rest.

Leave a comment:

• Leo Lakio
    replied

Can today's tragedy AT A MILITARY FACILITY WHERE THERE ARE ARMED GUARDS AND WELL-TRAINED ARMED PERSONNEL ALL OVER THE F'ING PLACE finally put to rest that stupid argument that putting more guns into people's hands would decrease the senseless gun violence in America?
    Originally posted by Kalalau View Post
    There are soooooo many to keep track of. There must be a web site that keeps track of them.
    Ask and ye shall receive: http://www.motherjones.com/politics/...-shootings-map
    Originally posted by matapule View Post
    STRICT GUN CONTROL NOW!
    I still strongly agree & stand with Matapule.

Leave a comment:

• Kalalau
    replied

These stats have appeared before but they are worth keeping in mind

Gun Deaths:

More than 30,000 people are killed by firearms each year in this country

More than 30 people are shot and murdered each day

1/2 of them are between the ages of 18 and 35

1/3 of them are under the age of 20

Homicide is the second leading cause of death among 15-24 year-olds

And the primary cause of death among African Americans of that age group

Gun Homicides (average annually):

Less than 50: Japan

Less than 150: Germany, Italy, France, etc.

Less than 200: Canada

More than 30,000: USA

30,000 might seem like a lot and I guess compared to everywhere else it is, but its actually quite low compared to the number of people murdered by the tobacco industry (~500,000 a year) Thats real clear cut. Booze kills quite a few, too, so does prescription drugs. We should let the gun people have their fun, really. Its only a tiny fraction of what we put up with with tobacco, let them have their fun!
    Last edited by Kalalau; September 16, 2013, 12:19 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Kalalau
    replied

Xerox, right, I had forgotten about that one. There are soooooo many to keep track of. There must be a web site that keeps track of them. I wonder what kind of ads they run.

Leave a comment:

• Ron Whitfield
    replied

No massacres in Hawai'i that I am aware of.
    Can you say Xerox?
    7 Oahu dead may not equal a massacre in today's environment but I doubt their affected families feel better.

What would the count be from this last rampage had guns been at the sides of all in the area? Maybe a handful, most of those being the nutbag shooters.

Even the tables, then tip it greatly against the nut jobs, strict gun proliferation now!
    Last edited by Ron Whitfield; September 16, 2013, 10:58 AM.

Leave a comment:

• matapule
    replied

No massacres in Hawai'i that I am aware of.
    Unfortunately and regrettably, it will happen, it is just a matter of when.

STRICT GUN CONTROL NOW!

Leave a comment:

• Kalalau
    replied

12 dead, so far, in the DC navy yard massacre. But don't worry, there won't be real gun control. Sandy Hook didn't do it, Virginia Tech didn't do it, the Colorado theater massacre and Columbine didn't do it, in fact 2 pro gun control Colorado legislators have been recalled by the voters for daring to support gun control. Just accept the continuing massacres as part of life. So to speak. Move to Canada if you don't like it here. No massacres in Hawai'i that I am aware of.

Leave a comment:

• Kalalau
    replied

Good morning! Breaking news out of DC where a shooter has hit at least 10 people in a navy complex. Kind of speaks for itself, doesn't it. Its a developing story, hasn't been resolved yet. Let us pray that it is resolved peacefully with a minimum of death and suffering, amen.

Leave a comment:

• matapule
    replied

Originally posted by MyopicJoe View Post
    I believe matapule considers gun owners to be "gun nuts".
    That statement shows that you still don't get it.

STRICT GUN CONTROL NOW1

Leave a comment:

• MyopicJoe
    replied

I agree with that. To me the really sad part is the middle class got sold on handsome Ronald Reagan
    I have to admit Reagan wasn't very bright, but he was charming in that (molesting?) grand fathery way.

Unions routinely get such horrible press
    I think unions were important when they first appeared, but anything good can be subverted to do bad. None the less, workers need a way to stand up to corporate interests.

I think in the end cheap oil, ocean shipping, and off shoring allowed corporations to undercut unions.

why does anybody need a machine gun?
    Do you mean fully-automatic guns (machine gun) or semi-automatic (most common)?

It's interesting to see the media starting to use "assault-style rifle" instead of "assault rifle" these days.

in keeping guns out of the hands of those delusional people
    I'm guessing the NRA is concerned about which citizens get labeled "delusional", who gets to decide that, and what keeps the definition from being widened? I believe matapule considers gun owners to be "gun nuts".

Originally posted by GregLee View Post
    You want to know the conservative mindset? There you go. You're it. People not changing their own oil!
    Dang it! I knew I shouldn't have mentioned oil. Everyone knows petroleum is behind the Conservative agenda. I blew my cover

Leave a comment:

• GregLee
    replied

Originally posted by MyopicJoe View Post
    4) The middle class are seduced into buying solutions to their problems instead of solving them for themselves. If your toaster breaks, don't learn how it works and fix it, just buy a new one. If the oil in your car needs changing, don't learn how to do it yourself, just pay someone else to do it for you. Don't learn how to protect yourself, let your taxes pay for someone else to do it. This all leads to a lack of self reliance.
    You want to know the conservative mindset? There you go. You're it. People not changing their own oil! The very idea! There's a traditional way of doing things that you're familiar with, approve of, and changing that is bad for society, the economy, people's character, and it's just downright, overall bad.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X