Gun Control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Gun Control

On June 7, 'Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America' founder Shannon Watts said a good guy with a gun "has never" stopped a bad guy with a gun. But it does happen--and it happens all the time. On November 7 Breitbart News reported guns are used defensively an estimated 2,082 times a day in America. That's over 2,000 times a day a good guy with a gun acts to stop a bad guy armed with a weapon of some sort.

Keep the good guys with guns to stop the bad guys with guns. Otherwise, the bad guys with guns will ALWAYS be there, and will cause even more unnecessary deaths of innocents.
    Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
    ~ ~
    Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
    Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
    Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Within the last week, three people were shot and at least one died in Seattle. Today, three people were killed (two of them armed and uniformed policemen) and the two perps committed suicide to boot in Las Vegas.

Both Washington and Nevada have very lenient gun laws with "open carry' permitted, yet these kind of lenient laws and "in your face" weapon deployment do nothing to prevent this kind of crime. The principle of more guns will prevent this sort of carnage does not work in implementation. If highly trained policemen, in uniform, with open carry guns can't prevent themselves from becoming a victim, how is Glenn the Gun Nut going to prevent this from happening?

This madness will end one day when sensible gun legislation is implemented. In the meantime craven gun nuts and their politicians and the representatives of the gun manufacturers, the NRA, are having their day. For those of you who tolerate and promote this kind of gun madness, enjoy your day because eventually we shall overcome. The day will come when guns are strictly controlled and there will be a more reasonable and scholarly interpretation of the 2nd Amendment.

Just like cigarettes, guns will eventually be strictly legislated and taxed to essentially make them meaningless once the society has had enough of the nonsense and too many people you know personally have suffered.

STRICT GUN CONTROL NOW!
      Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

You have the right to carry a gun in public. But, you have to be bare assed naked at the same time. It's the Second Amendment of the Right to Bare Ass.

Comment

Evidently Matapule has me on "ignore" because he can't face the Truth of over 2,000 rescues a day by "good guys with guns stopping bad guys with guns."

Matapule is like Faux News: All the news WE want you to hear, and to hello with the Truth!
          ~ ~

Comment

Regarding the shooting in Las Vegas:

"According to police, Walmart shopper Robert Wilcox, 31, was carrying a concealed weapon and confronted Jerad Miller. Wilcox was apparently unaware of Amanda Miller and when he walked by her to confront her husband, she shot him in the rib area." (Wilcox was shot dead)
            So much for the argument that MORE guns will prevent this type of lawlessness. The gun nuts are a fraud when they make the argument for MORE guns. More guns only facilitate more violence. TWO fully armed, highly trained police officers were shot dead. If police can't prevent this type of violence, then who can? WE CAN by calling out the craven gun nuts, their destructive agenda, the politicians who support them, and the terrorist organization that is the NRA (the lobbying and propaganda arm of the gun manufacturers). We shall prevail and the results are not going to make the gun nuts real happy.

STRICT GUN CONTROL NOW!

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

"Since the 2012 shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut, there have been an average of 1.37 school shootings for each school week, according to data maintained by Everytown for Gun Safety, a group fighting to end gun violence.Including Tuesday's incident at a high school in Troutdale, Oregon, 74 school shootings have taken place in the approximately 18 months since the Dec. 14, 2012, Newtown shooting."

When will the insanity stop? When will Hawai'i become part of the school shootings statistics? Your children and grandchildren are at risk, particularly at school, because of gun nuts. Anyone, whether gun nut or not, is responsible for the carnage when you vote for craven politicians who refuse to enact legislation to protect us from gun nuts including our children.

How much more of this senseless violence are you willing to endure?

STRICT GUN CONTROL NOW!

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
                When will Hawai'i become part of the school shootings statistics?
                STRICT PEOPLE CONTROL NOW!
                Unlikely, because of our diverse (undiscriminated) population and our reasonable gun laws.

We gotta get the nut jobs off the streets, is all. GUN CONTROL is PROVEN not to work (some of the most repressive states, like Connecticut, have tragedies!)

It's nuts people who have access to guns, knives, ropes, wires, whatever. It's just that guns give more access to more victims.

STRICT GUN REGULATION NOW.
                ~ ~

Comment

Sounds to me like Matapule.
                  ~ ~

Comment

Unfortunately, the only thing that can stop school shootings is summer vacation.

Comment

"Since the 2012 shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut, there have been an average of 1.37 school shootings for each school week, according to data maintained by Everytown for Gun Safety, a group fighting to end gun violence.Including Tuesday's incident at a high school in Troutdale, Oregon, 74 school shootings have taken place in the approximately 18 months since the Dec. 14, 2012, Newtown shooting."
                      Well, wouldn't you know it! CNN investigated the quote above and they rated it as false. CNN says that there were ONLY 15 school shooting incidents over that 18 months. Hey that is good news, ONLY approximately one a month!!!!! But CNN did not count shootings resulting from arguments, suicides, and gang related to get to their 15 number. That's comforting that we ONLY had 15 shootings resulting from random shooters.

This is how much of the media is pandering to the terrorist organization NRA and their gun nut members. A school shooting is a school shooting regardless of the circumstances. And the quote above is correct, there were 74 school shootings in the last 18 months. Shame on CNN.

Silence on this subject implies acquiescence. Vote out the craven politicians who support the terrorist organization NRA and their gun nut members.

STRICT GUN CONTROL NOW!

Comment

Oh, Matapule, certainly your heart is in the right place.

Vote to support the U.S. Constitution and the Bill of Rights.

If you can figure out a way to control illegal shootings without being a traitor to the U.S. Constitution, I'm with you.
                        ~ ~

Comment

A blade wielding madman bursts into your home and instantly confronts everyone with injury and worse, leaving you to protect your family in what way since you don't have a weapon of immediate defense handy?

Such situations are occurring daily and the death toll of the defenseless is mounting, not too many legally armed 'crazies' dying at the hands of murderers tho.
                          https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
                            Such situations are occurring daily and the death toll of the defenseless is mounting, not too many legally armed 'crazies' dying at the hands of murderers tho.
                            Care to give any links proving your statement is true, or is it just wishful thinking on your part? Actually, one legally armed person was killed by "crazies" murderers in Las Vegas this week! That "self defense" scenario didn't work out as planned by the terrorist organization NRA and their gun nut supporters.

In addition, you are changing the parameters to "knife wielding." Let's stick to gun violence on this thread. If you want to talk about knife violence, start a new thread, please.

STRICT GUN CONTROL NOW!

Comment

Care to give any links proving your statement is true, or is it just wishful thinking on your part? Actually, one legally armed person was killed by "crazies" murderers in Las Vegas this week! That "self defense" scenario didn't work out as planned by the terrorist organization NRA and their gun nut supporters.

In addition, you are changing the parameters to "knife wielding.".
                              I didn't say there were none, but the pie to die for chart shows the massive Pizza The Hut slice goes to unprotected gun deaths vs the NY slice for those dying while armed. You don't even have to be paying attention to know that.

I said knife to make it in your favor, so insert whatever firearm you choose into the intruder's hands, and you do what?
                              https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
                                I didn't say there were none, but the pie to die for chart shows the massive Pizza The Hut slice goes to unprotected gun deaths vs the NY slice for those dying while armed. You don't even have to be paying attention to know that.
                                What on earth are you talking about? Oh, never mind.

I said knife to make it in your favor, so insert whatever firearm you choose into the intruder's hands, and you do what?
                                What do I do? I do as the police told me to do if confronted by a person with a weapon of any kind.........

1. comply with their every demand
                                2. don't give them any attitude or lip
                                3. don't try to be a (dead) hero
                                4. stay calm and try to remember as many details as possible

The last thing I want to do is get into a shoot out with an obvious gun nut. And what does this have to do with Second Amendment right to form a militia anyway?

Last month my daughter was on holiday in Lima, Peru. They (2 Americans and 4 Peruvians) were confronted by two gun wielding assailants at a Peruvian's private residence. They all were robbed at gun point. The robbers got about US$2000 worth of stuff - smart phones, cameras, watches, and costume jewelry (they were preparing to go to a 100th birthday party). They all followed the four principles above. No one was harmed. It was an unpleasant experience but no one died. It had a good ending. The items have all been replaced. We wonder if the good outcome would have been the same had the victims been armed like the gun nuts in the U.S.?

I thought you were done with this thread. Second wind?

STRICT GUN CONTROL NOW!

Comment

Working...
                                X