X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Gun Control

Originally posted by Menehune Man View Post
    http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blog...opstories.html
    "A newspaper in New York has received a wave of criticism from its readers after publishing the names and addresses of all of the individuals with handgun or pistol permits in its coverage area..."

Legitimate gun owners names and addresses published in a newspaper?
    Not criminals. Interesting to see how this plays out.
    Wow, it will tell the criminals where to go to get new guns to commit new crimes!

This is what I mean by anti-gun nuts!
    Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
    ~ ~
    Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
    Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
    Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Legitimate gun owners names and addresses published in a newspaper?
      Not criminals. Interesting to see how this plays out.
      Does that mean you are opposed to putting wedding licenses, birth announcements, and obituaries in the newspaper? These people were legitimately married, or born, or deceased. You know that if criminals read that in the newspaper they will be encouraged to break into the house and steal wedding presents or rape the bride, steal the babies for body parts, or steal someone's final possessions or handicap sticker!

Well we have already seen how that played out! Public records are public records. Such paranoia.
      Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

My wish for this Christmas is that HT members are having a happy and blessed day full of hope and promise. I just can't get out of my mind that there are 26 families in Connecticut who are devastated on this Christmas Day. I have vowed that I will work tirelessly to prevent this senseless act of violence from ever happening again.

Peace on Earth, goodwill to all men of goodwill.

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Originally posted by GregLee View Post
          Is that really what you want to be saying?
          Nope. I'm saying that armed protection will not prevent a fool with a gun from reaching their target; but if said fool cannot obtain said gun as easily as they can in our nation, said fool will not be able to shoot their target with said gun.

Comment

Happy Birthday to that long-haired nonviolent Peacenik who said "those who live by the sword will die by the sword." ~~~ John Fugelsang

Comment

It's truly too bad that 'The Age of Aquarius' never came through.
              Doesn't appear that the meek shall inherit the earth either, eh?

There are crazies out there and always will, there are guns out there and always will. I wish there wasn't.
              Can't start humankind over and though many have tried, can't change the evil ones either. IMHO
              Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

There are crazies out there and always will, there are guns out there and always will. I wish there wasn't.
                I think many of us agree with the second sentence, no matter where we fall in this conversation. As for the first part, yes I agree - but there can be better ways to keep the two from combining, and while we may disagree on how to do it, I think we all agree that it needs to be dealt with, the sooner the better.

Comment

Originally posted by Kalalau View Post
                  but if you have a military style assault weapon, really, you can blow off dozens of shots in a minute, you can spray a room full of victims before anyone has a chance to react.
                  The types of guns that can "spray" bullets into a room full of victims have been illegal for civilians since 1933. If they are still in civilian hands they are getting them from the military or the police.

This is typical of the "anti-gun nuts." (Not saying you are one.) They go off "half cocked" (pun intended) with incorrect information to support flawed strategies - like the 'assault weapons ban.' It didn't work. Most of the weapons they 'banned' weren't even assault weapons (genuine assault weapons have no current legitimate use in civilian hands).

Laws to ban guns will not ban guns or stop shootings. Never have, never will. Nor will taxation; it will only keep guns out of the hands of 'the good guys,' the men and women who have guns for protection and would not abuse them by breaking laws.

We do need to stop these needless, criminal shootings. Whomever comes up with a workable solution should get the Nobel prize.
                  ~ ~

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
                    My wish for this Christmas is that HT members are having a happy and blessed day full of hope and promise. I just can't get out of my mind that there are 26 families in Connecticut who are devastated on this Christmas Day. I have vowed that I will work tirelessly to prevent this senseless act of violence from ever happening again.

Peace on Earth, goodwill to all men of goodwill.
                    A solemn vow. Good for you! Someone has to do it. I just hope you find a way to prevent senseless violence with a sensible solution. Best of luck - you have your hands full.
                    ~ ~

Comment

Why is a cop better than a guard?

How do you propose that we are going to pay for this in the face of all States cutting their budgets for education?

Oh wait, let's arm the teachers! Those same teachers who are having their salaries cut, being criticized for being lazy and stupid, and having their school supplies cut. But a gun for a teachers is a better expenditure than a book for a student.....right?.......at least in the insane mind of the NRA, their supporters, and the gun manufacturers!

How many cops do you want at each school - 1?, 10? 100?, one for each student? Absurd!

Says who (Oh that's tight the NRA)? It didn't work at Columbine or the Holocaust Museum, and countless other venues.

Or you can do it the easy way by eliminating guns.

I don't care if it is just one killed in gun violence, it is one too many!

Then how many cops do you want riding on the fire truck responding to a fire? Let's have more guns than firemen! - that'll make the lobby for the gun manufacturers (NRA) happy!
                      Mata, you're just embarrassing yourself with such frantic displays of irrationality, but have at it. It'll be a bad day for Americans if gun equity is merely taken away from the law abiders.

If it has to be explained to why a cop is better than a guard, then you're farther down the well than imagined.

I explained the cost prohibitive already, re Israel, but your illogical rage blinds and deafends.

Of course we can't/shouldn't arm all teachers, but those that are willing and able to pack should be considered.
                      And stop aligning me with the NRA or watch your credibility sink even further.

No more absurd than thinking we'll get rid of guns.

It's cherry pickin' time again! There have been many more cases of thwarting killers than you can selectively name like Columbine, as you've done here.

Not gonna happen. Next!

You mentioned earlier that lessening is preferred, which is it? You'll never reach your dream of 0.

I'll bet the families of the 2 volunteer responders that were killed yesterday wish somebody was available to defend their loved ones.

I have yet to see you present any statistics, cherry picked or not.

Who says a person with a gun would have thwarted the attack? That's right the NRA and their HT spokesperson Ron Whitfield.

Depends on what it is going to cost them. Economics will soon win the argument. My plan says that a person can own a gun, but they will be taxed for that right.

If you want to live in a society of mass murder, paranoia, and gun violence, then, yes, your way does it better.

Yes, I will not apologize for working toward peace and goodwill to all mankind on this Christmas Eve. The alternative is a society hell bent on self destruction via gun violence.

Anyone who would make such a ridiculous statement is, well,..............a paranoid gun nut.

Tell that to American Indians or indigenous Hawaiians! Laughable!
                      You ignore facts that don't support your view.

Far more educated minds than myself have the proof that you'll again scoff at.

That's elitist and unAmerican, leaving millions unable to defend themselves and thousands to then die or be injured. The dream is fading quick, mata, better come up with a new strategy.

It's not paranoia if it's reality, but you seem determined to move away from reality on these gun issues.

Good for you, but don't force others into danger for your misguided views.

Said the paranoid anti-gun nut.

If the Queen had her own canons trained on the warships in the harbor then maybe Hawaiian history would be much different. The indians did quite well in battles against US troops and aggressors when they had rifles.
                      https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
                        Said the paranoid anti-gun nut.

If the Queen had her own cannons trained on the warships in the harbor then maybe Hawaiian history would be much different. The American Indians did quite well in battles against US troops and aggressors when they had rifles.
                        Peacemakers are the first to suffer.

Often they are the first to be wiped out.

India had some good results with peaceful offense, yet their leader was killed. They are today independent.

Can we learn from the past? I doubt it, because the variables always change. What if Germany took over India in Nehru/Gandhi's time?

Life sucks, and then you die. You may get some cherished happy moments, continue to cherish them, as long as you live.

++++++++++++++++++++============
                        ~ ~

Comment

Originally posted by Kaonohi View Post
                          Peacemakers are the first to suffer.
                          Often they are the first to be wiped out.
                          Today, we respectfully remember the name and works of Mahatma Gandhi. Without internet searching, can you name his assassin?

And that's how it should be.

Comment

This side issue is getting wild!
                            http://news.yahoo.com/newspaper-publ...144657471.html

The original outing was way wrong, but the retort is equally misguided. These moves can only incite more irrational violence instead of any real positives for either party.
                            https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Mata, you're just embarrassing yourself with such frantic displays of irrationality, but have at it.
                              When it comes to saving 20 children's lives, I am wiling to embarrass myself without hesitation.

It'll be a bad day for Americans if gun equity is merely taken away from the law abiders.
                              Why?

If it has to be explained to why a cop is better than a guard, then you're farther down the well than imagined.
                              Then why is the POTUS not immediately surrounded by cops?

Of course we can't/shouldn't arm all teachers, but those that are willing and able to pack should be considered.
                              Then they shouldn't be teachers.

And stop aligning me with the NRA or watch your credibility sink even further.
                              If it walks like a duck and quack likes a duck then it is an NRA gun nut.

No more absurd than thinking we'll get rid of guns.
                              It was done in England, Australia, Japan, etc., and it can be done in the US.

It's cherry pickin' time again! There have been many more cases of thwarting killers than you can selectively name like Columbine, as you've done here.
                              Then you tell me some of the "many cases of thwarting killers."

You mentioned earlier that lessening is preferred, which is it? You'll never reach your dream of 0.
                              Nope, we can never reach zero but we can come closer to that number.

I'll bet the families of the 2 volunteer responders that were killed yesterday wish somebody was available to defend their loved ones.
                              Of course they do, and they also wish the killer didn't have a gun.

You ignore facts that don't support your view.
                              Then why don't you give me some facts that will support your view rather than just regurgitating NRA talking points.

Far more educated minds than myself have the proof that you'll again scoff at.
                              I am waiting for you to present that proof.

That's elitist and unAmerican, leaving millions unable to defend themselves and thousands to then die or be injured. The dream is fading quick, mata, better come up with a new strategy.
                              That is not the case in 20 other industrialized nations that have lower gun ownership and less gun violence per capita than the US

It's not paranoia if it's reality, but you seem determined to move away from reality on these gun issues.
                              The reality is that the US has the highest rate of private gun ownership and the highest rate of gun violence in industrialized nations. That's reality!

Good for you, but don't force others into danger for your misguided views.
                              Since when is working for a more peaceful culture a "misguided view?" Keep talking.

If the Queen had her own canons trained on the warships in the harbor then maybe Hawaiian history would be much different. The indians did quite well in battles against US troops and aggressors when they had rifles.
                              Indigenous Hawaiians and native Americans were forced into submission at the end of a barrel.

Comment

This side issue is getting wild!
                                The original outing was way wrong,
                                No it wasn't. Public records are public records. Gun owners should stop hiding behind anonymity. If guns are a deterrent, as they claim, then why be anonymous?

but the retort is equally misguided. These moves can only incite more irrational violence instead of any real positives for either party.
                                Actually it is quite easy to find out personal information on any resident of the US. This includes home address, telephone number, marriage(s), civil suits, criminal records, gun registration, date of birth, hospital of birth, find a picture, etc. I could find this information on you (if I had the interest, which I don't) and you could do the same for me (and if you really want to know that info, send me a pm and I will give it to you and save you both time and money).

I doubt that few if any of the newspaper's staff is a gun owner. What happens if one of those gun owners shoots one of the newspaper staff in their home because they were outed? Oh wait, I know your answer.....the newspaper staff should have had guns in their homes for self protection! The fact of the matter is that paranoid gun nuts are just plain, cowardly bullies!

Comment

Working...
                                X