Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Gun Control

from Helen Philpot:

"Margaret, when someone comes at you with a gun, respond with a gun. And when someone comes at you with a bigger gun, don’t mess around – trade up to a semi-automatic assault rifle with a hi-capcity clip. Fight violence with more violence. That’s cleary (sic) the only way to respond to the horror in Connecticut… if you’re a dipshit from the NRA.
    Are they bullshitting us? Some peckerwood named Wayne LaPierre at the National Rifle Association announced that the NRA would form the National School Shield Emergency Response Program. And by that he means “armed security” at every school. I don’t know Margaret, NSSERP doesn’t roll off the tongue as easily as NRA. This from the people who came up with “Trigger the Vote” as a voter registration slogan for the last election. I guess I expected better.
    According to LaPierre, “the only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun.” Clearly the idea of not having access to the gun in the first place escapes LaPierre, but with a name like that I imagine he became infatuated with guns at an early age. Of course, asking the NRA for a solution to gun violence is like asking Wal-Mart for a solution to big box stores. Somehow having more of them was going to be a given. I wonder if LaPierre knew that just such a security person was on duty at Columbine High School in 1999? My guess would be that fact was overlooked by Mr. LaPierre considering he spends most of his time with his head up his ass.
    But really, what the hell do I know? I am just a stupid old woman whose biggest claim to fame is cooking almost anything in bacon grease. But even I can grasp the concept that guns designed to shoot 30 bullets in 10 seconds or 100 rounds without reloading have no business being sold in the first place. Holding gun owners accountable for storing their guns safely from those not legally allowed to use them doesn’t require much deep thought either. Creating a market where bullets are more expensive than a McDonald’s hamburger might be worth considering as well. This is not rocket science. However, I am sure if the NRA were totally honest, they would admit to wanting a few rocket launchers on the school lawn as well. I hear that in addition to killing bad guys they can take out a lot of deer with one launch.
    If we follow the logic of LaPierre, we need armed security at elementary schools, middle schools, high schools, college campuses, movie theatres, malls, churches, office buildings, grocery stores, parades… I guess the NRA needs to create the National Everywhere Shield Emergency Response Program (NESERP). Now that has a nice ring to it. Sadly, with almost 300 million guns in America, we’re already there thanks to the lobbying efforts of the NRA.
    Mr. LaPeirre also called on Congress to create “an active national database of the mentally ill”. I couldn’t agree more. The first name on that list can be his. I mean it. Really."

STRICT GUN CONTROL NOW!
    Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

How soon can we get rid of all the bad guys and the bad guns? The sooner the better for my selfish dreams, I'd like to see it in this lifetime.
      https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
        How soon can we get rid of all the bad guys and the bad guns?
        The NRA and their members ARE the bad guys!

STRICT GUN CONTROL NOW!

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
          The NRA and their members ARE the bad guys!

STRICT GUN CONTROL NOW!
          That's what ALL the bad guys say!

Point a finger, and 3 point back at you....
          Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
          ~ ~
          Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
          Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
          Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

The FBI has just released its statistical list of the most violent States in the US, those with the highest rate of violent crime per capita. And the winner is..........ding, ding, ding.........Tennessee! Eight of the top ten are Red States with high rates of gun ownership. Nope, California and New York are NOT in the top ten.

STRICT GUN CONTROL NOW!

Comment

It turns out that in the biker beating incident in NYC 3 of the bikers were off duty cops. Long ago I read somewhere that cop and criminal personalities were very similar. The motorist was rescued by a civilian, not a cop, a cop from the street or the biker group. You sure saw that violent gang frenzy in the video of the 4 LA cops that beat up Rodney King. And knowing people from the court system, it appears cops lie freely under oath in court whenever it suits their convenience.

Comment

I have made no secret that I find entertainers, like Ted Nugent, opinions on gun control to be obnoxious, uninformed, and absurd. Heck, he's a lousy entertainer to boot and if his "music" was not supported by right wing gun nuts, he would be collecting food stamps because he is not equipped to do anything else in life!

However, I find opinions of some gun control advocate entertainers like Eddie Vedder of Pearl Jam to be equally obnoxious, uninformed, and absurd. Who the hell is Eddie Vedder and what is a Pearl Jam? I've never heard of them and I am unable to recall any of their music. His statement that "I get so angry that I almost wish bad things upon these people, (gun nuts)" is offensive and inappropriate. I am offended.

Gun nuts create their own karma. Those who live by the sword will die by the sword............just don't force me to suffer the consequences of your paranoid madness.

STRICT GUN CONTROL NOW!

Comment

What is Pearl Jam?
                  Jam some pearls and make a nice necklace?
                  https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
                    Jam some pearls and make a nice necklace?
                    Pearl Necklace is a song by ZZ Top.

Comment

Gun control? How about people control? Population control?

Guns may be your friends - a means toward species survival.

See my newest thread.
                      ~ ~

Comment

• Anti Gun Nuts - Proof Positive!

Dianne Feinstein: "All veterans are mentally ill in some way and government should prevent them from owning firearms"

Yep, - she really said it on Thursday in a meeting in front of the Senate Judiciary Committee, and the quote below from the LA Times is priceless. Sometimes even the L.A. Times gets it right.

Kurt Nimmo from the Los Angeles Times:

"Senator Feinstein insults all U.S. Veterans as she flays about in a vain attempt to save her anti-firearms bill." "Frankly, I don't know what it is about California, but we seem to have a strange urge to elect really obnoxious women to high office. I'm not bragging, you understand, but no other state, including Maine, even comes close. When it comes to sending left-wing dingbats to Washington, we're Number One. There's no getting around the fact that the last time anyone saw the likes of Barbara Boxer, Dianne Feinstein, Maxine Waters, and Nancy Pelosi, they were stirring a cauldron when the curtain went up on 'Macbeth." "The four of them are like jackasses who happen to possess the gift of blab. You don't know if you should condemn them for their stupidity or simply marvel at their ability to form words."

So, we arm our citizens to go to war for us, then declare them insane and deny them basic American rights?

We should declare all people who go into politics insane, and then institutionalize them!

This country is collapsing; going down the tubes.

Goodbye, cruel world.
                        ~ ~

Comment

There has been a vicious accusation about Diane Feinstein being circulated on the Internet by gun nut NRA and their membership since last April. A simple search of SNOPES will verify that Feinstein NEVER SAID, "All vets are mentally ill and the government should prevent them from owning firearms." SNOPES rates the accusation as FALSE. What Feinstein said was:

The problem with expanding this (firearms legislation) is that, you know, with the advent of PTSD, which I think is a new phenomenon as a product of the Iraq War, it’s not clear how the seller or transferrer of a firearm covered by this bill would verify that an individual was a member, or a veteran, and that there was no impairment of that individual with respect to having a weapon like this. So, you know, I would be happy to sit down with you again and see if we could work something out but I think we have to– if you’re going to do this, find a way that veterans who are incapacitated for one reason or another mentally don’t have access to this kind of weapon.

I totally agree with Feinstein and we are fortunate to have her in the Senate.

If someone is too stupid to check the veracity of an obviously scurrilous rumor, they are too stupid to own a firearm!

STRICT GUN CONTROL NOW!
                          Last edited by matapule; October 12, 2013, 03:37 PM.

Comment

"If someone is too stupid to check the veracity of an obviously scurrilous rumor, they are too stupid to own a firearm!"

That would eliminate a huge percentage of right wingers, Fox and Limbaugh fans. Its another good illustration of right wing rumor mongering, right up there with Obama being Kenyan and the Clintons murdering Vince Foster, etc, etc, etc.

Comment

If someone is too stupid to check the veracity of an obviously scurrilous rumor, they are too stupid to own a firearm!

STRICT GUN CONTROL NOW!

I've been waiting, waiting, waiting. As a Navy veteran, I am very interested in sumpin leveled against my Senator. Has there been a reply to Matapule's response?
                              Born in Hawaii, too - Truss me

Comment

Originally posted by Palama Kid View Post
                                I've been waiting, waiting, waiting. As a Navy veteran, I am very interested in sumpin leveled against my Senator. Has there been a reply to Matapule's response?
                                PK, there are a lot of "drive by posters" here on HT. They make outrageous statements out of the blue and when they are caught in a provable untruth or misrepresentation, they go strangely silent and disappear into the nether world. When caught with your pants down, there is not much you can do but duck and cover .

Support Senator Diane Feinstein, STRICT GUN CONTROL NOW!

Comment

Working...
                                X