Did Allen Dulles try LSD ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Allen Dulles try LSD ?

A lot of facts have emerged into the public domain recently.

The company was using acid quite a while ago.

What gives?

Re: Did Allen Dulles try LSD ?

Was it across the universe?

Comment

The history of the OSS includes the residency of the youger Dulles
      in Switzerland.
      Not to far away were the laboratories of Sandoz.

The upper half of the ergot molecule looked like the molecule of Nikethamide

and the decision was made to attach diethylamine to the upper part of the large structure. A hard task given the labile nature of the ingredients.

The head of the Sandoz facility was Herr Stoll who had studied under
      Willstatter , superb chemist..

A long legacy of interesting reports about MkUltra
      have recently surfaced.

But, the key question remains./
      Did Allen Dulles personally experiment with LSD-25 ?

Comment

If he did not, he has my sympathy.

My own experiences with LSD-25 were enlightening, mind-opening, fun, and finally, boring.

The parts of my mind they helped open, however, remain closed, but unlocked. I can always go back, and sometimes do.

Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
        ~ ~
        Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
        Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
        Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Did he smoke the Hash Tags?

Comment

Personally, I feel it is something that in the right setting, with the right people, should be done by everyone at least once. It's like reality in a very high dose, opens your mind and eyes to stuff that has been there all along, yet somehow looked over or missed.

I opened all the doors I could before it became something that was no longer as spiritual and enlightening , and became something I didn't learn from anymore.

I look back at those times with great regard, and don't regret any of those adventures for a second.
            flickr

An email from God:
            To: People of Earth
            Date: 9/04/2007
            Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
            God

Comment

It was not always illegal. In the early '60's the mother of a surf bud worked in the psychology field and had access to it and she shared it with her son who shared it with his surf buds (not including me) so some of the Cliffs locals were surfing on it through the early '60's. It is known that CBS News did reports against it including creations that people blinded themselves staring at the sun and leapt from buildings thinking they could fly. Why lie? CBS thought it was serious enough that it needed to be illegal and that justified lying in order to create public demand to criminalize it.

Ken Kesey seems to have written on it, famous for Sometimes A Great Notion and One Flew Over The Cukoo's Nest. His former encampment near La Honda, Ca remains a kind of shrine. His adventures are well documented in Electric Koolaid Acid Test, one of the best ways to understand the '60's, the drug revolution, the counter culture. He is credited with introducing it to American Youth during a bus tour of the US in (I think) 1964. Some of the kids I grew up with were mentioned in Acid Test. Kesey lived on a farm south of Eugene in Pleasant Hill while I was at U of Oregon, he'd come up and deliver talks that were always heavily and enthusiastically attended. The Dead were his pals, they did some free shows at the student union and Stan Owlsley (if thats how you spell it) would throw samples to the fans. It all went off pretty much without problems. Nothing at all like what CBS manufactured ever happened in Eugene, at least that I was aware of. I think Owlsley spent a few decades in prison. It just happened to be an expression of culture that the establishment didn't like, so they destroyed it. Or thought they did.

Comment

The original Sandoz patent involved baking in sealed glass ampules with Hydrazine.

Anhydrous Hydrazine was a component of Komet rocket craft used
                by the dying right wing dictatorship in Germany.

That fuel was later used in the Nike defense systems.

No wonder there was so much product.

You could just go to the base and siphon off a few grams

The early use of the ergot alkaloids was focused on easing the birth experience.

The crude amide base is toasted with hydrazine.
                Take that hydrazide and convert to azide using nitrous acid(from sodium nitrite).

Yeah , old pink meat.

incubate with diethylamine and then do a chromatagraphic separation using blacklights..
                Last edited by lensperson; March 11, 2013, 11:05 PM. Reason: because I need to

Comment

Easy for you to say, lol
                  flickr

An email from God:

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
                  God

Comment

Tatt, first of all let me say that I hope you are feeling better

The initial synthesis of lsd25 was within a run of perhaps 3 dozen various amides of

Lysergic acid.

These trial runs were done in 1937.

The compounds were evaluated on rabbits, and as rabbits are reticent

in human language they did not tell the chemists how they felt.

Later on, in 1943 Albert Hofmann did a review.

The initial synthesis using hydrazine is rather harsh, but nonetheless just

a lil bit of a fingertip lick found Herr Hofmann faced with a challenging bicycle ride home

Upon arriving home, the pictures at home seemed like alien masks.

The next morning he was very grateful to see his normal attractive Swiss garden.

Comment

Thanks for the well wishes, lensperson!

The story of lsd and its founding father, I have known for years, pretty awesome.

Again, a case of man synthesizing nature, a chemical ergot, iirc. Ergot poisoning is now thought to have helped cause the witch trials. Ergot poisoning is very similar to a trip, more bread = more poison, what a ride for the unsuspecting.
                      flickr

An email from God:

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
                      God

Comment

Serious good luck to you Tattarat! There were some episodes of mass insanity in Europe during the Middle Ages that people have laid up to ergot. We have examples of the 'Defense' Department slipping LSD to unsuspecting subjects, I think it was in the Bay Area.

Comment

Originally posted by Kalalau View Post
                          We have examples of the 'Defense' Department slipping LSD to unsuspecting subjects, I think it was in the Bay Area.
                          Is it worse than flouride in the water supply?

Comment

The man at the head of technical services was Dr. Sidney Gottlieb.

He mentioned that he had tested lsd only 200 times.

The mental condition of those close to the heart of State

is well worth investigating.
                            I suggest watching the film

The President's analyst.

James Coburn is close to the truth as he sees it.
                            Last edited by lensperson; March 14, 2013, 09:53 PM.

Comment

Adding a bit here.

Allen's secretary was Mary Bancroft.

She was a student of Carl Jung and a very unique person.

Jung was forced out of Germany almost at gunpoint.

The first person aside from Hofmann to try lsd was Ernst Rothlin

at about a sixty microgram level.

He was impressed.

There must have been chit chat between Rothlin and the foremost

Psychoanalyst in the world at that time.

I have always wondered why the tiny nation of Switzerland was not invaded.

Maybe they told somebody, invade us, and we will drive you nuts.

Comment

Working...
                              X