• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• you are an open book...

Big brother knows all, sees all.
    try ordering a pizza and find out.

http://www.adcritic.com/interactive/view.php?id=5927

Re: you are an open book...

Awesome link! Just imagine if he was a smoker! That pizza would have cost $400

My farm - Kona Mist Coffee

Comment

You can just go straight to the source. This was making the rounds last year (last summer, at least) during the battle over extending the Patriot Act, IIRC. Of course, it remains relevant given ongoing threats to privacy and the development of the "Surveillance Society."

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
        You can just go straight to the source[/url].

I like to give adcritic some credit.
        dey coo, man.

Comment

In a related story...

"Yesterday at the Computers, Freedom and Privacy conference in Seattle, Ed Felten cornered a State Department Fed who was there to advocate for passports enabled with RFID chips that will make it possible to track Americans as they wander the streets of foreign cities, and for terrorists and crooks to target American citizens by detecting the signature radio-pulses their passports give off."

Why Use Remotely-Readable Passports?

My farm - Kona Mist Coffee

Comment

Obviously, Big Bro wants to be able to track its citizens anywhere in the world (including here in the US of A). That's why I am planning to renew my passport (which expires in Oct.) before the end of the summer, just in case they do pass this RFID chip in the passport thing. That way I will have a chipless passport and can go whereever I danged well please without worrying that Uncle Sam is looking over my shoulder.

Oh, and did you read about how surprised the Prez said he was yesterday when he read that the US was planning to require anyone (including returning US citizens) who entered from another country (including Canada and Mexico) to produce a passport? Heh. He's worried now about "the flow of honest people back and forth across the borders". Yeah, right. He sure has a short memory (early onset senility?). He was TOLD this was going to happen, and only now he is concerned? Wonder which fat cat lobbying group finally was able to grab his ears and rattle his brain?

Miulang
            "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
            X