Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A solution to the Illegal Immigration "Problem"

Originally posted by alice
    Please answer this because I realy want to know.Like I said your atittude just realy bothers me.
    I, uhhh, I... zzzzzzzzzzzz zzz zzz zzzzzzzzz

Comment

Re: A solution to the Illegal Immigration "Problem"

Originally posted by kimo55
      I, uhhh, I... zzzzzzzzzzzz zzz zzz zzzzzzzzz

<whisper>
      Kimo, as your self-appointed PR hack, I am trying to hel--wake up, you buggah!

</kicks Kimo's chair>

pax

Comment

Re: A solution to the Illegal Immigration &quot;Problem&quot;

I'm trying like hel to stay awake too!

Comment

Patti Davis, the daughter of the late Pres. Ronald Reagan, wrote the following piece for Newsweek about the immigration challenge that I think is worth reading. She basically says, since Americans have become so rude and mean to each other, why would an immigrant from ANY country want to move here, legally or otherwise? She says the most polite people she encounters are not Americans at all, but the immigrant workers. And for all their politeness, how do Americans treat them? By being even more rude and mean to them than to their American brethren, paying them subsistance wages, relegating them to the lower rungs of society...

Miulang
          Last edited by Miulang; May 3, 2006, 04:55 PM.
          "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

I'm trying like hel to stay awake too!
            Drink LOTS of Coffee, dude and turn off the monitor for a while. Your eye's must be getting blurry staring at da ting, go walk around get some fresh air and you'll be Auright If not SPLASH wata on your face
            A Warrior does not give up on what he loves he finds the love in what he does.

Comment

Linkmeister - If you are a person who promotes higher wages, may I ask what kind of company do you own? And how many employees do you have? Have you given them all raises?

Econ 101 was such a fun class. I sometimes feel like I was the only one who stayed awake.
              FutureNewsNetwork.com
              Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
                Patti Davis ... says the most polite people she encounters are not Americans at all, but the immigrant workers. And for all their politeness, how do Americans treat them? By being even more rude and mean to them than to their American brethren, paying them subsistance wages, relegating them to the lower rungs of society.
                All this is definitely unfortunate and shameful, but ultimately, it still doesn’t justify opening our borders carte blanche to illegal immigrants. That’s like spitting in the face of all those immigrants who worked so hard to migrate legally. Slave-labor wages and sweatshop conditions would disappear in our country almost overnight if we enforced our immigration laws more judiciously.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
                USA TODAY, page 2A
                11 March 1993

Comment

Originally posted by TuNnL
                  Slave-labor wages and sweatshop conditions would disappear in our country almost overnight if we enforced our immigration laws more judiciously.
                  Wouldn't that also happen if we just openned the borders completely and let the chips fall where they may? People hiding in the shadows are easy to exploit.
                  “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
                  http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Comment

Originally posted by Pua'i Mana'o
                    Alice, can you elaborate further? I am not Kimo but I am trying to understand what exactly is bugging you, and also what your point is regarding immigration.
                    Pua'i Mano'a,Kimo like most people seems to have a problem with only one group and no one else.My point about immigration is ,why pick on one group,especialy the only group that has had access to the western part of this country for thousands of years.You have to understand that a large part of the way Mexicans feel about other immigrant groups has a great deal to do with the way they are treated.You probably won't find a single group more anti immigrant group than my fathers people and I just don't get it.You should see the way my Dad acts when Mexicans think he speaks Spanish,I mean he practicaly spits at them.Like Kimo and several other people on this group it's only Latins that get this treatment and it's just plain ole mean.My main point is that if we are going to stop people from comming here then stop everybody,don't single out a certain group as being somehow unworthy.
                    p.s. I t's only in California where Mexicans are vicious.Anywhere else such as Texas or Nevada they are among the nicest people you will find.
                    Alice

Comment

...Latins that get this treatment and it's just plain ole mean.
                      was that a joke?!

Comment

Pua'i Mano'a,Kimo like most people....
                        that's just racist to assume Pu'ai comes from Manoa and alter her name to indicate that prejudice.
                        And i don't appreciate you assuming that I like most people.
                        Cuz I don't.

I don't have a "problem" with anyone. I, like most people, am still learning. so much to read re; these events currently unfolding...

http://www.bloggwinnett.com/wpblog/bobg/?p=42

Comment

was that a joke?!
                          No.And to your statements in the next part you are singling out one grooup for being unwelcome here.It's just not nice,how would you feel if you were Mexican.

Comment

No.And to your statements in the next part you are singling out one grooup for being unwelcome here.It's just not nice,how would you feel if you were Mexican.
                            I would feel like a... just plain ole Mexican. i suppose.

Comment

Take a look around the US. Every year getting more and more crowded, more and more congested. Our forests are being bulldozed into suburban blightburgs, our fields and wetlands are being paved to make office parks, our cities more covered with pavement and clogged with traffic. Highways go to 6, then 8, then 10, then 12 lanes wide, and still choked with cars. Main Street is replaced by Big Box stores and MegaMalls. More waste, more pollution, more consumption of dwindling natural resources, and less free quiet space to roam.

So, isn't it clear why many of us don't want more immigrants pursuing and feeding the American lifestyle of mass consumption? There are already too many people. We want to defend what nature we have left, what peace and quiet we can still find, and what few unobstructed horizons remain. We'd like to stop this crazy growth-at-all-costs mentality, which has become a cancer consuming our communities and destroying our world. One of the most important steps we need to take towards a better future is to stabilize our population, and eventually reduce it to a size the land and our communities can sustain.

Comment

Now this I can respect and even hope for.And it doesn't say certain groups are more worthy while others somehow are not.In all honesty though I just don't see it happening anytime soon.Just too much apathy and greed and whats good for me me me in this once pristine country.You know that before Columbus this nation only had about 3 million souls at any given time,now 300 million.Perhaps the key is to help the poorer regions build economies like we did for western Europe and japan after the second world war.

Comment

Working...
                                X