A solution to the Illegal Immigration "Problem"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A solution to the Illegal Immigration "Problem"

Mahalo for an interesting and entertaining "READ" on this beautiful Cinco De Mayo Morning!

Update: It was beautiful. Not anymore. It's raining cat's and doggies!

Auntie pUpUle
    Last edited by 1stwahine; May 5, 2006, 06:46 AM.
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Perhaps the key is to help the poorer regions build economies like we did for western Europe and japan after the second world war.
      Pretty much what we're trying to do in Iraq, but we can't help everyone and not go financially broke now can we?
      A Warrior does not give up on what he loves he finds the love in what he does.

Comment

Originally posted by alice
        Perhaps the key is to help the poorer regions build economies like we did for western Europe and japan after the second world war.
        That's what 'free trade' is supposed to be all about...ideally. With good government, stable societies and no external meddling the less wealthy are capable of looking after themselves just fine without any Marshall Plan from on-high. Unfortunately a lot of places are still trying to reach internal stability.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedro
          Pretty much what we're trying to do in Iraq, but we can't help everyone and not go financially broke now can we?
          The problem is that we can't impose a better society on others - they have to build one themselves, from within. They need fair play and good examples far more than money and might. It won't happen "overnight", either.

Hopefully Mexico will continue to improve internally, and become a better place people won't want to 'escape' from anymore. They have plenty to work with to become a great nation, but it will take decades.

Maybe we should start shipping Gringos across the Rio Grande in an exchange program. The Sun Belt is getting crowded.
          Last edited by beaker; May 5, 2006, 10:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by beaker
            The problem is that we can't impose a better society on others - they have to build one themselves, from within. They need fair play and good examples far more than money and might. It won't happen "overnight", either.
            These things take time, and mostly effort, but that effort has to come from the other side we're trying to help, and no we can't force them into something they don't want, and all the money in the world won't change them from what they don't want. But all this take's MONEY for us to stay there, and change isn't just like the wind, it's gonna take time, LOTS of it
            Originally posted by alice
            Pua'i Mano'a,Kimo like most people seems to have a problem with only one group and no one else
            And may I ask what group is this? Can I join, is their a membership fee?
            Last edited by admin; May 5, 2006, 11:02 AM. Reason: Fix quote. Combine double post.

Comment

It's going to get really really interesting over the next decade or so to see how our political playing field changes due to the rapid growth of the Hispanic population in this country.

Could the current push for tighter immigration laws by the government be fueled by the peek at demographics which show Hispanics rapidly growing in numbers and influence in this country? Is the Caucasian majority in this society now looking over its shoulder and realizing that it won't be long before the nonwhite population will exceed the Caucasian population?

"...The influence of traditional minorities in the United States will continue to grow, new Census Bureau statistics suggest, with Hispanics born as American citizens accounting for more than a third of the population increase last year..."

Miulang
              "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

All I have to say is that if your job is in jeopardy of being taken by someone with no experience who barely speaks the language it is time to reevaluate your career choice.

Also, legalizing the workers will force an increase in the salaries requiring fair treatment for all. There is a lot of exploitation of illegals that occurs in this country that would be quickly remedied if they new they had rights and were safe to go to the authorities without fear of deportation.

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
                  Is the Caucasian majority in this society now looking over its shoulder and realizing that it won't be long before the nonwhite population will exceed the Caucasian population?
                  No.

Oops, I mean, yes. All "Caucasian" people are terrified of the little brown people taking over.

Keep fanning those flames!

Comment

Originally posted by MadAzza
                    No.

Oops, I mean, yes. All "Caucasian" people are terrified of the little brown people taking over.

It's not a flame, honey. It's a fact, unless there's some sort of pogrom or more Europeans decide to emigrate to this country, which they won't because most of them hate us now because of the war.

If we're lucky, the new "majority" will treat the new "minority" with more courtesy and grace than they themselves have been afforded.

Miulang
                    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

If we're lucky, the new "majority" will treat the new "minority" with more courtesy and grace than they themselves have been afforded.

Oh, for God's sake, give it up!

Comment

Oh, for God's sake, give it up!
                        No, please don't.

Whether or not I agree with Miulang's or MadAzza's positions, please keep the articles and resources coming. Miulang tends to offer links with her postings, which can lead me to read further pieces on her perspective. Maddie, if you would do the same, I would love to read more about your side of these debates.

Comment

It's not a flame, honey. It's a fact, unless there's some sort of pogrom or more Europeans decide to emigrate to this country, which they won't because most of them hate us now because of the war.

Miulang
                          Latin and Anglo is the great mix going on in this country,at most we will go through a tan,not brown hump.Mexicans are very pro white,not the opposite.You obviously don't know too many on a personal level.
                          Alice

Comment

You obviously don't know too many on a personal level.
                            Really? I guess that make's me just as ignorant too, darn but I am learning so that's good. Feed me more info please
                            Last edited by Pedro; May 12, 2006, 02:02 PM.

Comment

No.

Mexicans like most other Latin people are mixed Caucasian,with a strong preference for the white side.They are Hispanic culturaly and very proud of it.If that is you in the photo ,you "look" like a blonde mexican.Are you part or part "native"indian .Because you are from Hawaii it's hard to tell.
                              Alice

Comment

Miulang
                                As part of the "minority", I just hope that when we become the majority that we don't hold grudges against the people who have claimed majority status in the US for so long and that we remember to treat them with kindness.

Miulang

Comment

Working...
                                X