Five Years after 9/11/01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Five Years after 9/11/01

That’s a really myopic way to look at, timkona. Very foolish, IMHO. Quite frankly I love America. I love its ideals. I believe the Constitution is a model for democracy, though I am not so naïve to believe we are living in one.

The problem is, George W. Bush is one of the most un-American presidents in the history of our country. He is a selfish, self-centered, greedy, foolish, ignorant, opportunistic bastard. He doesn’t feel he needs to ask what he can do for his country, but he’s making damn sure it does a sh*tload for him and his family.

That’s the definition of a dictator. Someone who has absolutely no concern for needs or desires of the citizens he is supposed to represent. He’s not my leader. And he deserves to be impeached for high crimes and misdemeanors. F*ck Dubya. I truly hope he burns in hell. God knows, he deserves it. God Bless America. I hope and pray he helps to rid of us of this devil in a blue suit.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
    USA TODAY, page 2A
    11 March 1993

Comment

• Re: ? topical to, relevant to "Five Years after 9/11/01"?
      hawaiidreamin --" What would you call the Gov't recall election that gave us The Terminator as the Gov of Cali? "--

I would call the State of California's recall election a state election, not a federal election. Arnold is not a federal representative, albeit he surely represents US of the U.S., more than he represents the
      U.S.
      [/QUOTE]

Obviously, that is an election with just one state and not on a federal level, but if a whole state can get together and literally vote out a person who was elected with NO controversy just because they did not like his plan of action on key issues- Why can't 50 states get together and get rid of 1 president who was "elected" under so much controversy? How come we could not even get another national election? He was only officially stated to be president by a court of people his father put into their positions. This is a person, who has been caught in lie after lie, with nothing to back up his original claims for this war in Iraq & yet doggedly insists on doing things his way not what the majority of the people whom he is supposed to represent feel. Why is that?
      Hawaii my love, I will see you soon

Comment

• re: "Five Years after 9/11/01"

Since I couldn't delete this post after inadvertantly double posting it,,,,
        --Why can't 50 states get together and get rid of 1 president who was "elected" under so much controversy? How come we could not even get another national election? He was only officially stated to be president by a court of people his father put into their positions. This is a person, who has been caught in lie after lie,--

Were, however, the United States a popular democracy, a more true democracy instead of the perversion which it is the United States your sincere inquiries and wise suggestions could elicit some reasonable answers and comments.
        Last edited by waioli kai; September 14, 2006, 10:07 PM.

Comment

• Re: deserving 9!! ?, re: "Five Years after 9/11/01"

Originally posted by waioli kai
          Obviously, that is an election with just one state and not on a federal level, but if a whole state can get together and literally vote out a person who was elected with NO controversy just because they did not like his plan of action on key issues- Why can't 50 states get together and get rid of 1 president who was "elected" under so much controversy? How come we could not even get another national election? He was only officially stated to be president by a court of people his father put into their positions. This is a person, who has been caught in lie after lie, with nothing to back up his original claims for this war in Iraq & yet doggedly insists on doing things his way not what the majority of the people whom he is supposed to represent feel. Why is that?
          Essentially, at every level of government in the United States, the U.S. is a corporatist democracy, a democracy (if one can honestly call it that) by corporatist interests; a democracy (some say demockery, so as to distinguish fact from fiction) by representative government, representative of corporatist capitalist interests. Were, however, the United States a popular democracy, a more true democracy instead of the perversion which it is your sincere inquiries and wise suggestions could elicit some reasonable answers and comments. But, alas, this U.S. of US is a sham and a shame wherein reason, truth, justice, morals, ethics, all is obfuscated in deceptions and lies on which depends the continued existence of this fiscally and morally bankrupt United States of America as perfectly represented by Cheney, Bush, Rumsfeld, et.al: the perfect demockery: "What do we do to deserve 9!!s , we are soooo good and soooo right ?"
          pop·u·lar Etymology: Latin popularis, from populus the people, a people Date: 1548
          1 : of or relating to the general public
          Last edited by waioli kai; September 14, 2006, 09:59 PM.

Comment

Bush won't go. He'll make up or create some sort of 'national emergency' and stay as dictator.
            http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
            http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

He is already behaving as one...who is giving him any sort of check in this supposed checks and balances system we have here? He keeps asking for more money to fund his personal pride war and congress keeps giving it to him.
              Never mind what happened to the search for the person who was supposed to be behind the 9/11 attacks. Where is the effort to catch him? I am tired of hearing he was just in a cave 1/2 hour ago and they lost him-what do you do? call ahead and ask if he will be in for the day?

They can push through laws that take away regular citizens basic rights & privacy more and more just by slapping Anti Terrorism on the top of it. And we the people just let them do it-so it must be a dictatorship.

We had a congressional hearing and long drawn out (and partially illegal) investigation on whether or not Clinton lied about having relations with an intern (he is a married man, did you think he was going to fess up?) wanted to impeach him when it was proven he lied. Yet all of Bush's lies, lies that have thousands of people dying, 45yr old people being recalled to active duty and other nonsense- go unpunished, it makes me sick.
              Hawaii my love, I will see you soon

Comment

Working...
              X