Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Vermont Secession Movement

Originally posted by Karen View Post
    1)...cuz I doubt with human nature being what it is, that any "new nation" would do it any better.
    Originally posted by GnosticWarrior View Post
    2)It is these such people that will ultimately have to come to the conclusion, that if they are unselfish enough to care about the group, they need to step up and assume leadership positions either in a corporation or govt.

3)Can spirituality and corporations co-exist? I think so. People can expend alot of energy when motivated by love but also when motivated by fear. Motivating thru fear seems to be the norm though.
    I'm loving this thread! Terrific banter in my opinion.

1) And that's the true but sad part, unless 2) came to be. P.S.: I've got too many skeletons in my closet. HaHa!

3) They can co-exist, though it needs to be the "real thing", not just a showing. I think everyone would rather be riding the love bus, but it's broken down in the backyard. Bummer man.
    Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Karen View Post
      I don't know Vermont's history but I do know Texas at least has a realistic reason for it since it was, like Hawaii a nation/country at one time.
      "Vermont is one of only five U.S. states or parts of states to have once been an independent nation, the other four being California, Hawaii, Texas, and the Florida Parishes of Louisiana."

Comment

Originally posted by Vanguard View Post
        "Vermont is one of only five U.S. states or parts of states to have once been an independent nation, the other four being California, Hawaii, Texas, and the Florida Parishes of Louisiana."
        My thoughts on this...

Vermont along with 3 of the other previously 'Independent' states were declared that, but never fully functioning 'Nations'. Just a bunch of people. No relationships or agreements with other countries or many of the other attributes that are considered in the making up of a 'Nation'.

Only Hawai'i truly was. But she got fully assimilated.
        Last edited by Menehune Man; June 14, 2007, 08:49 AM. Reason: Fix 'em li'dat!
        Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Working...
        X