OJ Simpson busted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OJ Simpson busted

I'm kinda surprised that nobody has mentioned the OJ Simpson arrest yet.
    Personally, I hope the a**hole spends a looooong time in the pokey.
    His bail hearing is set for Wednesday. Should he be granted bail or not (considering that he's pretty obviously a flight risk)?
    Can he get a fair trial and an impartial jury anywhere in the U.S.? (Not that I think he deserves one. )
    Thoughts? Comments? Vents & tirades?
    No bail, and send him to jail for a looong time!
    83.33%
    Yes bail, but he still deserves a jail sentence
    16.67%
    Yes bail, and no jail. He didn't do anything wrong.
    0.00%

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Re: OJ Simpson busted

live by the sword....

pax

Comment

He musta hadda deathwish. He musta hadda wanted to go to jail. He couldn'ta been THAT stupid as to think he'd get away with it....?
      http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
      http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

He'll get out of this too...Remember, the guy got away with murder
        http://tikiyakiorchestra.com
        Need a place to stay in Hilo ?
        Cue Factory - Music for your Vision

Comment

I think he killed his wife and her friend. However, a jury found him not guilty. This means that the current case needs to be looked at only for what it is: An apparent armed robbery.

With no prior convictions, bail seems appropriate, but because he fled the law in the past, for the crime he was found not guilty of committing, he must be considered something of a flight risk.

Set bail at a very high amount, and if he can post it, let him go until the trial, if there is one.

I can't answer the poll question, given the choices, because they don't make sense. The first choice, "No bail and send him to jail for a long time," doesn't make sense. Not offering him bail doesn't mean "sending him away," it means holding him until he can be tried and either convicted or acquitted. The second choice, "yes bail, but give him jail," presumes guilt. The third choice, "Yes bail and no jail," doesn't make sense the same way the first one doesn't make sense. Letting him out on bail does NOT mean no jail if he is found guilty.
          Last edited by scrivener; September 17, 2007, 02:20 PM.
          But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
          GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

You'd think that, for someone who got away with murder, he'd try to show some appreciation to the jury members by keeping a clean profile even after all these years.

I really can't stand it when these "celebrities" think they are above and better than the law.

ETA: scriv, I dig your new avatar. Methinks I'll be changing mine soon as well...you know, to reflect a Catholic school crush I once had.
            Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
            We're not here to mess around
            Boston, you know we love you madly
            Hear the crowd roar to your sound
            Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
            You know we couldn't live without you
            Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Was OJ set up for a sting? It's very convenient that his expletive-ridden tirade was recorded by a witness who accompanied OJ into the hotel room. Wonder how much TMZ paid the guy for the rights to the recording.

Miulang
              "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

I don't know what TMZ is, but I heard the recording on ESPN News this afternoon.
                But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
                  I don't know what TMZ is, but I heard the recording on ESPN News this afternoon.

TMZ is a celebrity gossip and news website co-owned by AOL.

It's a garbage of a site according to lots of journalists, but it's usually one of my first reads in the morning.
                  Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
                  We're not here to mess around
                  Boston, you know we love you madly
                  Hear the crowd roar to your sound
                  Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
                  You know we couldn't live without you
                  Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

hey, the two of you: cut that out. Your avatars are messing with my mind.

pax

Comment

Originally posted by Pua'i Mana'o View Post
                      hey, the two of you: cut that out. Your avatars are messing with my mind.
                      Ditto! Don't go changing genders on me.

Comment

I know you're just complaining about the loss of Lei Liko's upskirt; you can't be disparaging this lovely Grace Lee shot.
                        GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

you can't be disparaging this lovely Grace Lee shot.
                          I thought the whole idea of a avatar was to have some kind of graphical representation of the person. The problem with the new avatars is they are gender opposite. But then it would still be weird if you use Saddam Hussein or some other famous person.

Comment

I'm feeling pretty. Grace Lee looks a lot more like me than that neon gecko does you!
                            GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Grace Lee looks a lot more like me than that neon gecko does you!
                              Yes, but the gecko is gender-neutral. Now if you and Lei Liko would swap avatars.....

Comment

Working...
                              X