Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BI Evacuation

Originally posted by GeckoGeek View Post
    If a remember right, a super tsunami would go right over Oahu. I'm not sure anyplace would be safe. And you'd have less then 20 minutes to get there from the time of the earthquake. Subtract the time it takes to get the alert out and you have a very grim situation.
    From Tita Pua'i Mana'o Post on Web Video Find.
    National geographic simulation of a super tsunami hitting HNL, being triggered by Mauna Loa (and Kona falls into the sea).
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lv_60...elated&search=

Estimated time of impact 30 min. The best place to go is Higher Ground. I live MWH. I'm going to the nearest mountain which is Alewa Heights. I would take a chance and go to Halawa or betta Wahiawa but the traffic would be !

Seriously, everybody should have a plan and let their love ones know. I mentioned my plan to my kids the other night. They SMILED. They know where to find me and MAMA if anything 'should' happen.

Auntie Lynn

Note: Time to buy a
    http://www.gmimotorsports.com/
    Last edited by 1stwahine; June 18, 2007, 09:50 AM.
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Okay now that the Magma has gone into hiding and the rumbling has subsided, I wonder what Madam Pele is up to next? Magma doesn't just move around and do nothing.

Unless it was just indigestion and Pele let out one mean silent but deadly killing all those plants. But I'm wondering what's next? Eruption, earthquake, tsunami? ALL THREE?

Could you imagine the superferry catching that tsunami when it's ocean bound?
      Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
        Could you imagine the superferry catching that tsunami when it's ocean bound?
        Best place to be. It's the shallow water at the beaches that build it into a wave.

Comment

Working...
        X