Marriage Proposal: Where & How?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Marriage Proposal: Where & How?

My friend took his girlfriend scuba diving. He planted a small treasure chest where she would find it. Inside was a ring and a sign that said "Will you marry me?". She was so stunned that she almost forgot to breathe (which is not a good thing when scuba diving).

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
      We used to discuss marriage, but don't any longer.
      Marriage is just a formality. The most expensive ceremonies won't make a relationship any stronger than what it is. Romance is the little things you do that are big enough to make a fond memory.

Originally posted by turtlegirl View Post
      Cuz when Captain Ron speaks, Turtlegirl listens!
      Haha, Captain Ron. How did the topic of your engagement come up while talking with Kurt Russell? Anyways, you probably did the right thing by following your gut. A guy shouldn't be pressured into proposing, he'll just resent the woman after they're married. A man should be begging.

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
      heheheh...

We neba get married by dat Pastor.

And we changed church.
      Haha.

Originally posted by localmoco View Post
      She was so stunned that she almost forgot to breathe (which is not a good thing when scuba diving).
      Oh dear, that wouldn't have been a fond memory at all.
      "By concealing your desires, you may trick people into being cruel about the wrong thing." --Steven Aylett, Fain the Sorcerer
      "You gotta get me to the tall corn." --David Mamet, Spartan
      "
      Amateurs talk technology, professionals talk conditions." --(unknown)

Comment

Also, Kurt Russell gave me some priceless advice, then told me to give the ring back and move out. So I did. Cuz when Captain Ron speaks, Turtlegirl listens!
        That may be one of the highlight-posts of this thread! Who among us would have expected Kurt Russell to be, in any fashion, invoked in this discussion? Thanks for that, Turtlegirl.

Comment

Dang. Now I'm totally homesick for Hollywood. Sniffle.
          ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

Originally posted by MyopicJoe View Post
            Marriage is just a formality. The most expensive ceremonies won't make a relationship any stronger than what it is. Romance is the little things you do that are big enough to make a fond memory.

Haha, Captain Ron. How did the topic of your engagement come up while talking with Kurt Russell? Anyways, you probably did the right thing by following your gut. A guy shouldn't be pressured into proposing, he'll just resent the woman after they're married. A man should be begging.

Haha.

Oh dear, that wouldn't have been a fond memory at all.
            Speaking of which, has anyone seen that show "Platinum Weddings"? It's just ridiculous how much money these people spend on lighting, logos, flowers, jewelry, thank goodness they extend that over spending to the food and booze too. My head spins when I watch that show!

Comment

Aye-ya. I better not let my wife watch that.

I counter your youtube video, with this one, Pua'i Mana'o!
              That. Was. Your counter-offer?

<even stare>

Why Joe, you muggle, you. I am sure Cusack is more towards your personal vibe, but try this: ready my previous link for your wife, tell her in a simple tone, "this guy says what I feel" and leave the room. Let her watch it alone.

I won't ask you what the result would be because I should expect that you are too much of a gentleman to tell us.

For giggles, on another day, play Cusack. Then ask her which one stirred her.

pax

Comment

Re: Marriage Proposal: Where &amp; How?

Dang. Now I'm totally homesick for Hollywood. Sniffle.

I know we don't have a Jack Burton here, but we do have Magnum P.I.!

*smile hopefully*

Originally posted by leashlaws View Post
                My head spins when I watch that show!
                Yeah. Some people live in another reality.

Originally posted by Pua'i Mana'o View Post
                That. Was. Your counter-offer?

<even stare>
                You know it's because I'm just jealous of your poet

won't ask you what the result would be because I should expect that you are too much of a gentleman to tell us.
                No problem. I can tell you everything that will happen. Blow by blow. My wife will watch the video. Her heart will melt. She'll come into the living room all soppy eyed. I'll be on the sofa, playing the XBox. Without looking at her I'll say:

"Eh, tita. Wut fo' dinnah? I stay hungry."

Whack...

Whack-whack-whack
                "By concealing your desires, you may trick people into being cruel about the wrong thing." --Steven Aylett, Fain the Sorcerer
                "

Comment

Whack...

Whack-whack-whack
                  Wait ... are you telling us you're married to 1stwahine????

Comment

I wouldn't even make it past the first date if I disrespected her like that. Much less have the honor of marrying a classy woman such as herself.

"

Comment

"Eh, tita. Wut fo' dinnah? I stay hungry."
                      Whack...

Whack-whack-whack
                      Eh..PK, my love, das you?

Nah..no can be...den again, Whack! Whack!!

Auntie Lynn
                      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

I wouldn't even make it past the first date if I disrespected her like that. Much less have the honor of marrying a classy woman such as herself.

Awwwww...wat a sweet thing to say. PM me, you win a t-shirt and bumper sticker!

Love and ALOHA,

Auntie Lynn
                        Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                        Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

what a cool thread ...

geez, let me think way back ...

all i remember is that we planned a little Big Island vacation (our first vacation together). One night while we were there in the hotel room, he just busted out this little box with an engagement ring in it and just asked me to marry him! I was very surprised! And to think he had bought the ring awhile before and had been hiding it from me! And, he even "asked" my parents permission so they actually knew he was going to ask me before I did!

and we're still together after 17 1/2 years (14 years married)!
                          I'd rather be ... LOST

sigpic

Comment

"Romance with guitar, Cadaques, Spain."

Is this Spainaird proposing to his woman, or is he serenading his wife of many years? Though the first possibility is romantic (how can you go wrong with that setting?), the latter is far more so. Look at how she's happily holding her hands.

I found this picture on Lee and Sachi LeFever's website: TheWorldIsNotFlat.

They took one year to plan a worldwide trip, saved up about $75K, quit their jobs, and spent the next year visiting 29 countries.

They're also the creative people behind CommonCraft, makers of the "in Plain English" series of videos.
                            "

Comment

Nice boat!

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
                                Nice boat!

LOL

toot-toot

Maybe she's utterly bored. She's like, "OMG he can't even sing in key. And his fingers are as clumsy on the guitar as they are..."
                                "

Comment

Working...
                                X