Hānaiāhuhu - Family Pets!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hānaiāhuhu - Family Pets!

We have 3 cats, 3 dogs, and 2 rats. Unfortunately 1 of my cats recently got loose and is being a jerk about coming home...we see him, we just can't catch him...and I sure miss him not cuddling with me at night! We used to have an even bigger zoo. 13 cats total (8 live at my grandmother's house, 1 fell out a window and we never found her, 1 passed away), a ferret (we had to have her put down, she was very sick), a spazzy fish (my niece has it now), an african sideneck turtle (she's buried in my grandma's garden), 4 dogs total (1 passed away, he was very old). As you can tell, we LOVE animals.
    Last edited by akashastrega; November 13, 2005, 07:32 PM.
    "No Can Hear, Get Beer in my Ear."

Comment

Re: Hānaiāhuhu - Family Pets!

This is an edit to my last post...

My mom dropped off her dog to us (out of the blue!), so now we have 2 dumb dogs...both pit mixes, both sweet...our family just got bigger
      "No Can Hear, Get Beer in my Ear."

Comment

Re: Ha¯naia¯huhu - Family Pets!

GREENIES. These green-colored boned-shaped hard chewable treats for dogs. Our dogs LOVE 'EM.

But how's this for a self-conflicting description of their product:

The features on the packaging says it "Contains no by-products or artificial preservatives, colors or flavors".

Yet in the ingredients list, it has:

Processed wheat gluten, glycerin, natural flavor, powdered cellulose, monosodium phosphate, monoglycerides of edible fatty acids, magnesium stearate and chloropyll.

Now I don't what's more important. The substance of the edible food, or the preservative that's used to package it. I suppose chlorophyll is a "natural" substitution for "artificial green color".

How u figgah?

sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Re: Pets?

We just got our first pet. A little hlaf chihuahau? or how is that spelled...and half Jack Russell Terrier.
          She had quickly become the daughter we don't have!
          I am shicked at how much a part of our lives she has become. My husband has never had a dog at all and I haven't since I was young.
          Now I "get" the whole pet thing I guess!
          Since when is psycho a bad thing??
          Sharing withother survivors...
          www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

Are me and my wife the only two people left in the world who like cats AND dogs?

We have a kitty right now, though she acts more like a dog in a lot of ways. We call her a cog.

Comment

We have tried cats, they don't last in our house! Either they are stolen or have accidcental deaths! I give up! Cats are cursed in my home.
              Since when is psycho a bad thing??
              Sharing withother survivors...
              www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

Originally posted by Bard View Post
                Are me and my wife the only two people left in the world who like cats AND dogs?

We have a kitty right now, though she acts more like a dog in a lot of ways. We call her a cog.
                Heavens no! We have plenty of both and even one like your kitty who thinks he's a dog - he even wears a dog collar and bone-shaped dog tag, comes when called and sits for treats with the dogs.

Comment

I love all kinds of animals, and am a pet owner. Our last several pets were all feral, caught, spayed/neutered, vaccinated and loitered around my house accordingly. The only qualities they had in common were 1)they attacked vermin and 2)enjoyed smacking down my children. Spoiled creatures, every single one.

pax

Comment

ha ha you are too funny!! I love both cats and dogs. Though we have a fisher cat int he woods and many of our loved cats have disappeared over the years. But we still have Dusty. She is amazing in that she will swat the crap out of the big dog, but ownt touch the little ones at all. She will growl at them when she gets annoyed enough but that's about it. It's probably because he is bigger than they are. lol

This is Mabel

This is Sophie.. the docile one.. lol

We call this picture... SUPER SOPHIE.. lol You can see why.. ha ha
                    Sally
                    Mr508ma's better half..lol

www.SallyBowers.com
                    http://www.myspace.com/sallyab

Comment

That Super Sophie pic is awesome She looks like a Gremlin.

I just asked about the cats vs dogs thing because it seems like most of my friends either love cats or love dogs, and hate the other ones. I guess I just ended up with some very polarized friends

Here's our beasty. We got her from the humane society, and they claim her name was "Precious" but she doesn't answer to it. She only answers to "Kitty". Go figure!
                      Last edited by Bard; March 19, 2010, 06:57 PM.

Comment

I just asked about the cats vs dogs thing because it seems like most of my friends either love cats or love dogs, and hate the other ones.
                        and some of us love all critters. I see the beauty in each species and have owned them all; big, small, furry, bald, kitties, dogs, birds, you name it.

pax

Comment

That Super Sophie pic is awesome She looks like a Gremlin.

I just asked about the cats vs dogs thing because it seems like most of my friends either love cats or love dogs, and hate the other ones. I guess I just ended up with some very polarized friends

Here's our beasty. We got her from the humane society, and they claim her name was "Precious" but she doesn't answer to it. She only answers to "Kitty". Go figure!

It's so funny you should say that.. because as she was growing up I always said she looks like a gremlin!! ha ha She is so sweet though when she's not playing with her sister. She could melt your heart with one look. I"ll have to capture that on camera.. he he

Tigger and Kitty are great!! I love the pictures
                          Sally

www.SallyBowers.com

Comment

Here are my two kids: Shimai (the big gray lug) and Hoku (the Diva Bitch). Shimai is a 19 lb "cog" and Hoku is temperamental (only eats dry catfood and stretches the same way Ichiro---the Seattle Mariners superstar--does).

Both have internal kittie watches that let us know when 4 p.m. arrives (dinnertime). They had a little trouble adjusting back to Standard Time a few weekends ago, though. They both also will shake hands and come on command...most of the time. Shimai will also walk on a leash. Hoku thinks it's beneath her dignity to be encumbered by a harness and leash.

Miulang
                            Attached Files
                            "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang View Post
                              Here are my two kids: Shimai (the big gray lug) and Hoku (the Diva Bitch). Shimai is a 19 lb "cog" and Hoku is temperamental (only eats dry catfood and stretches the same way Ichiro---the Seattle Mariners superstar--does).

Both have internal kittie watches that let us know when 4 p.m. arrives (dinnertime). They had a little trouble adjusting back to Standard Time a few weekends ago, though. They both also will shake hands and come on command...most of the time. Shimai will also walk on a leash.

Miulang
                              THey're so pretty!!! I have to find a pic of my kitty..
                              Sally

www.SallyBowers.com

Comment

THis is my daughter Amanda with her kitty Nermal

Sally

www.SallyBowers.com

Comment

Working...
                                X