X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i-hungry
    replied
    Re: Serious question on dating a single parent

Well its something to inspire you when you face those problems related to the situation.

I had a neighbor that was in a similar situation. She had two kids. I don't know what her personality, character or talents are but she is a looker.

Leave a comment:

• Mike_Lowery
    replied

Originally posted by i-hungry View Post
    Is she hot?

Hahaha...that's immaterial in this discussion
    At least I know.

Leave a comment:

• i-hungry
    replied

Originally posted by Mike_Lowery View Post
    Would you? Wouldn't you?
    Is she hot?

Leave a comment:

• damontucker
    replied

Originally posted by Pua'i Mana'o View Post
    Dude, is sex so worthless to you that you would find this funny? Or do you just lack the necessary proteins on your DNA for class and tact?
    It was a lack of class and tact. I know TuNnL from back in the days when he was pledging to a Fraternity and getting girls was a prime objective of
    a lot of the Dorm Guys at the time

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
    Manoa, That was uncalled for.
    It was... my bad Auntie

Originally posted by TuNnL View Post
    <ignore>mānoasurfer123
    Tunnl I'm glad you have chosen to change your ways.... I know you from our college days more than 11-12 years ago and chasing girls was part of the game.

I'm glad you have changed your ways....and with that said...sorry for posting that...

My mind was racing back to OUR partying days.

Hugs...

Manoa

Leave a comment:

• lavagal
    replied

SouthKona - you were right. This is a sad day. I am joining the ranks of the ignorant.

<ignore>mānoasurfer123
    TuNnL:

If I can quote myself in another thread called "ignoring other users":
    Originally posted by lavagal View Post
    Same here. And if I did put the one person I'd like to ignore on my ignore list, then I'd probably wouldn't get to read much because this person has to act like a dog and mark every single thread going. So I just skip 'em. Not worth it.
    I just don't get it. Just be assured no one's laughing with him. At him? Probably. But not with him.

Leave a comment:

• TuNnL
    replied

SouthKona - you were right. This is a sad day. I am joining the ranks of the ignorant.

<ignore>mānoasurfer123

Leave a comment:

• 1stwahine
    replied

Manoa, That was uncalled for.

I'm a Single Parent. When I lost my husband my children were teenagers. I mourned my late husband two years before I met a man of my choice. My children accepted him despite his downfall. I was lucky he didn't harm my girls and me. However, he did eventually in other ways. You know the story.

Now that I am Single again. My children's advice to me is to be more careful in choosing someone. They tell me I am more deserving to find someone who will appreciate and take care of me. I blush cause I know I no can find dat kind of person due to my personality.hahahaha

Yeah. I'm single and living on my own. I'm Independent and Strong. If it happens ~ it happens.

Who cares?

As long as I'm happy.

It's great to be back on HT!

Auntie Lynn

Leave a comment:

• Pua'i Mana'o
    replied

Dude, is sex so worthless to you that you would find this funny? Or do you just lack the necessary proteins on your DNA for class and tact?

Leave a comment:

• damontucker
    replied
    Please allow me to give you some moral support on this one, scriv. I’m sure there are many women and fellow virgins of either sex with similar motivations who have given you encouragement. I myself am not a virgin, but as a single guy, I sure wish I could take it back. To me, it’s just a painful reminder of a failed relationship (including serious consequences related to this topic) or a mistake that didn’t seem like it would be at the time. The emotions truly haunt you if religion is an important part of your life.

I am much more careful about sex now. Maybe I’ve just grown up. But I can’t help thinking, if I had just respected the bond that God has given us between two life partners half as much as my animal instinct, I might be a better person for it. I think pre-marital sex is the real disease. Could it be harder to abstain once you’ve done it? A whole new thread for debate...
    Is this the TuNnL that I know????

My god... I'm laughing so fricking hard....

YOU.... hahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahaha

i can stop laughing for a second....nope... i can't...hahahahha

In all seriousness... sheesh... no can stop laughing....

I thought it was that you couldn't get someone all this time?
    I never knew you was so innocent?

I was kidding a bit when I posted this you know....

Manoa

Leave a comment:

• TuNnL
    replied

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
    My own virginity, in my opinion, is a sign that there is something right with me, and I know quite a few women who agree with me. Chastity is not a disease, whether you believe in it or not. If I go out and just have sex with the next willing partner, does that mean whatever could be wrong with me is suddenly fixed?
    Please allow me to give you some moral support on this one, scriv. I’m sure there are many women and fellow virgins of either sex with similar motivations who have given you encouragement. I myself am not a virgin, but as a single guy, I sure wish I could take it back. To me, it’s just a painful reminder of a failed relationship (including serious consequences related to this topic) or a mistake that didn’t seem like it would be at the time. The emotions truly haunt you if religion is an important part of your life.

I am much more careful about sex now. Maybe I’ve just grown up. But I can’t help thinking, if I had just respected the bond that God has given us between two life partners half as much as my animal instinct, I might be a better person for it. I think pre-marital sex is the real disease. Could it be harder to abstain once you’ve done it? A whole new thread for debate...

Leave a comment:

• SouthKona
    replied

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
    Her specific views are hardly uncommon (mothers shouldn't work, extramarital sex is wrong, no one should date before age 18), but her insistence on black-and-white absolutes is ridiculous...
    Gee, I LOUDLY agree that "extramarital sex is wrong" - at least I would not want MY spouse having extramatital sex !!

Leave a comment:

• Pua'i Mana'o
    replied

What a fascinating discussion.

Having both of my parents in committed l/t relationships, I am in the camp that believes what is best for a kid is to see her parents have primary relationships that are healthy, from which said kid can latch on. It wouldn't have been fair to me if I became the center of my divorced folks' world.

Today, watching my teens start to separate from their parents' nest is both tinged with sadness AND a reminder that teaching boundaries by providing them is an accomplishment.

Leave a comment:

• jdub
    replied

Another lucid discussion. It's clear that there is no categorically appropriate answer to the question Mike posed in the topic of this thread. I particularly like scriv's comment about Dr. Douchebag and Al Franken serving essentially the same master.

As someone who has pretty much always been with a girlfriend, I find myself now cast adrift in the adult world alone, wondering if such will forever be the case. I'm certain that whether a woman has children or not is not as important to me as whether or not she gets me. Hell, I'm a child at heart. And, sad as it may be, I'll always be a mama's boy. Not because I'm needy, but because that kind of unconditional acceptance helps me to accept the wierdo I've come to be in my adult life.

While copulation and the prospect of it provide the subtext for any romantic adult relationship, not all adult relationships are romantic. Can you get along with a single parent? Are you willing to accept that their child will always come first, at least until you're willing to shoulder the responsibility of someone else's child as your own?

The "single parent" stigma smacks of prejudice to me. One of my roommates is an immigrant, single mother who dances for a living. She is one of the sweetest people I've ever met. And she has a boyfriend. None of those demographical specifications matter at all to me.

Leave a comment:

• Leo Lakio
    replied

My own virginity, in my opinion, is a sign that there is something right with me, and I know quite a few women who agree with me. Chastity is not a disease, whether you believe in it or not.
    While I'm not of the opinion that my own virginity was a "prize" (recognizing that you did not use that term, scriv) that I chose to keep or give away as a special gift, I do believe that it is entirely a matter for you to deal with as you personally wish. Outsiders may judge you on the terms of whether or not you are a virgin, or the circumstances under which you lose your virginity, though it is none of their business. If anyone fears that it will be an issue as you age, you don't have to say anything about it.

it seems to me that radio hosts like Schlessinger (and even Al Franken) are not being paid to convert anyone, but to preach to the choir.
    Amen to both examples.

I'm a big fan of Cheryl Wheeler and of you, Leo, but do you really feel that way? You're opposed to everything Schlessinger is for?
    I did purposely use the word "generally." There are many other pundits, commentators and ranters to which I could apply the same term. In order to determine whether there she has many opinions with which I agree, I would have to listen to her show more often than I do, and I have other ways in which I prefer to spend my time. (Like listening to Cheryl Wheeler CDs?)

Leave a comment:

• SusieMisajon
    replied

Oops! Sorry, Scriv....I wasn't saying that everybody that hasn't married or been in a sexual relationship by a certain age has anything wrong with them....I know that there are some hidden jewels out there...you most likely being one of them... in many cases, this does happen, from habit or shyness or being too busy with sick parents or education, or waiting for the right person to come along.

Excuse me.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X