Hearing, Listening & Loving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hearing, Listening & Loving

There seems to be much controversy within the school/ community. I cannot talk to any 5 people who have the same view. It is so personalized.
    Since when is psycho a bad thing??
    Sharing withother survivors...
    www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

We were ready for dessert. My daughter, Gaya holding Kiana on her lap.. As I gazed at Kiana, I asked Gaya point blank ~ "What is the latest the docter said?"

With a Big Bright Smile she gleefully told me, Kiana can hear!

Miracles do happen ~ cause WE BELIEVED!

This is the best Thanksgiving Day in my Life!!!!

I had my children, grandchildren, MAMA & Ohana with me today. The most precious gift I am thankful for is my Kiana can hear.

Mahalo for your prayers, well thoughts and pules!

Life is grand!

Love and Aloha

Auntie Lynn
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

that baby is so precious! And I swear she takes pics just like her tutu! She is all over YOU! *beams*

pax

Comment

That's great news, Aunty Lynn.

We thought our youngest, Alex, was deaf or hearing impaired for several weeks. Waited forever for a scheduled test. By the time it came around, though, he was finally responding to audio stimuli (when before even a crashing rack of pots wouldn't even make him blink). He probably just had something plugging him up at birth that eventually went away. It was a relief.

Now, of course, he isn't listening again. But that's on purpose!

Comment

Mahalo Tita Pua'i Mana'o and PZ! I am so thrilled. I cried myself to sleep last night...I still think it's a Dream! Lucky, I wrote it here on HT to remind me it's TRUE.

Love

Auntie Lynn
            Last edited by 1stwahine; November 24, 2006, 12:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
              [...]The most precious gift I am thankful for is my Kiana can hear.[...]
              YES! (pumps arm)
              Christmas arrived early at your hale, Auntie. I'm so happy for all of you.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                YES! (pumps arm)
                Christmas arrived early at your hale, Auntie. I'm so happy for all of you.
                I'm walking on Cloud Nine ~ I'm dizzy with Happiness!heheheh

Mahalo

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Originally posted by blueyecicle View Post
                  Or they force children into a hearing school or force them into a deaf school. No in between. Nothing else! Plus all the red tape to get into a deaf school is ridiculous. There are such limited services. It's funny I never saw that side when i was young and we just signed regular english to my uncle and brother, we were poor and sheltered. But as I got older I realized, he was forced into a mold as well. No option for a special school, the onyl option he had was home or public school.
                  I was suprised at the depression and homeless rate and now I understand why.
                  Mind you I am not saying everyone is that way. I just understand the people who are. That's all. I knwo there is a flourishing wonderful supportive deaf community.
                  BOy it's been too long since I've been here.. I miss you all

I find that those who are forces one way of life and have no access to another way are the most subseptible to depression and being homeless. It's just too sad sometimes.

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
                  We were ready for dessert. My daughter, Gaya holding Kiana on her lap.. As I gazed at Kiana, I asked Gaya point blank ~ "What is the latest the docter said?"

With a Big Bright Smile she gleefully told me, Kiana can hear!

Miracles do happen ~ cause WE BELIEVED!

This is the best Thanksgiving Day in my Life!!!!

I had my children, grandchildren, MAMA & Ohana with me today. The most precious gift I am thankful for is my Kiana can hear.

Mahalo for your prayers, well thoughts and pules!

Life is grand!

Love and Aloha

Auntie Lynn
                  OMG that is absolutely fantastic news!!!!! My heart is right there with you celebrating!! And that picture... if she isn't the most precious child ever!!!
                  Sally
                  Mr508ma's better half..lol

www.SallyBowers.com
                  http://www.myspace.com/sallyab

Comment

I have a question for all of you... and dont think I'm nutty or anything, but I have so many beliefs that I often wonder where my lines are, if there are any. I'm a very spiritual person and believe very strongly in God. I believe in Angels and miracles.. and read on above.. that is just one of the beautiful miracles!

Well my question is this... Do you all believe inthe spirit of the tikis? Love tiki, Luck tiki, etc. And if you do.... (Because I do), what kinf od tiki would be real in this sense? Would the essence be with you if you bought a commercially made tiki keychain for instance...? (Which to me seems like no) Or do you need to recieve one from someone who makes them specially? I don't know how this "works" (Not the right word I know).

I pray daily and I thank God for all life's blessings. ANd I know that I would not have the life I do without him in it. But I also believe in psychics, people who can talk to the dead and even see them, as well as the future.. and full blown fate! But I believe that there is a reason the Tikis have the power they do.

I want to get my daughter a love tiki. And while it may seem silly... she could really use it right now. She is such a special person and has gone through much of what Auntie Lynn has seen.. but at a much younger age. And she came through it all with God. And I know she'll be ok... I just thought of this tiki and her and well..... Why not.

What are your thoughts....?

Sally
                    Sally
                    Mr508ma's better half..lol

www.SallyBowers.com
                    http://www.myspace.com/sallyab

Comment

Working...
                    X