X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dress Code & Attire

*lol*

denim holds no cachet as a fine fabric.

For heaven's sake, let's have a real dress code, shall we? Bring back the days of boxy jackets, pencil skirts, pillbox hats and white gloves for travel attire!

And while we are at it, make men dress like pilgrims wherever they go!

pax

Comment

Mile High Denims

Originally posted by Lei Liko View Post
      If I'm flying as a Non-Rev on someone's buddy pass, I'm dressed conservatively, as some airlines require those flying Non-Rev to follow a dress code.
      I fly Hawaiian Airlines on buddy passes from mom (retired), which she's also made note of a dress code here: shirt with collar, long pants and shoes. I always dress like that, so no biggie.

Speaking of provocative dress attire on flights, other recent news reports Air New Zealand will be booking a gay-themed flight.
      Air New Zealand is delving into the gay and lesbian market with a special themed flight that will feature drag queens, pink cocktails and a cabaret performed by the flight crew.
      Sounds kinda' like Soul Plane. lol

This isn't common on interisland flights, but how about wearing a Turban?
      Last edited by Pomai; September 17, 2007, 10:45 AM. Reason: Where's my complimentary peanuts?
      sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Here's something to keep in mind while you travel on airplanes. From airsafe.com come these travel safety tips relating to attire:

What to Wear to Reduce your Risks

In the unlikely event of an airplane evacuation via escape slides, synthetic fibers can become very hot due to friction, and melt causing first, second and even third degree burns to the body and legs. The following steps should be taken when traveling to ensure passenger comfort and safety.

* Wear clothes made of natural fibers such as cotton, wool, denim, and leather. These fibers offer the best protection during an airplane evacuation or fire. Synthetics such as rayon, polyester, and nylon (especially in hosiery) can melt when heated.

* Wear clothing that is roomy and comfortable.

*Wear long pants and long sleeves. Avoid wearing shorts or skirts since these types of clothes do not appropriately cover extremities.

* Wear low-healed laced or strapped shoes, boots, or tennis shoes. Shoes made of leather or canvas are preferable. High heeled shoes will have to be removed before leaving the airplane via an escape slide. This will slow your departure from the airplane and put you at risk for severe injury from possible hazards such as broken glass, or metal debris. Avoid wearing sandals for the same reasons.
        I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Re: This was reported last week, but...

When I saw the title of this thread I knew someone was going to bring it up sooner or later. The second woman had a really low neckline. The first one had a pretty high skirt. Even gave a panty flash on the Today Show when she sat down. They never said if they she was wearing the same underwear as when they got "the talk".

I think there's something more to this. Employees don't go out of their way to confront passengers.

Comment

I dress up in goodwill clothes and slippers (loafers in the winter), wherever I go.
            http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
            http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

I am consistently unhappy with our local goodwill. I use ebay to mine for treasures.

pax

Comment

Originally posted by GeckoGeek View Post
                When I saw the title of this thread I knew someone was going to bring it up sooner or later. The second woman had a really low neckline. The first one had a pretty high skirt. Even gave a panty flash on the Today Show when she sat down. They never said if they she was wearing the same underwear as when they got "the talk".

I think there's something more to this. Employees don't go out of their way to confront passengers.
                Hold old were the flight attendants who felt the need to lean on the hotties?
                “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
                http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Comment

How old were the flight attendants who felt the need to lean on the hotties?
                  “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
                  http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Comment

Originally posted by sinjin View Post
                    Hold old were the flight attendants who felt the need to lean on the hotties?
                    I don't know as it was reported.

The wording of the SWA's first response suggests the whole thing was prompted by a complaint from another passenger.

Comment

Moccasins Version 2007

Here's some "shoes for thought"...

Nike Unveils N7 Air Native Shoe Designed for Native Americans

Nike on Tuesday unveiled what it said is the first shoe designed specifically for American Indians, an effort aiming at promoting physical fitness in a population with high obesity rates.

The Beaverton-based company says the Air Native N7 is designed with a larger fit for the distinct foot shape of American Indians, and has a culturally specific look. It will be distributed solely to American Indians; tribal wellness programs and tribal schools nationwide will be able to purchase the shoe at wholesale price and then pass it along to individuals, often at no cost.
                      According to the full article, the reactions are mostly positive, yet there will certainly be some who find fault in this marketing strategy, whether it be food, clothing, or ANY consumer product targeting a particular race so bluntly as this.

Yet, in contrary, one might argue there ARE certain physical attributes common to a given race that must be taken into consideration, which Nike has addressed here in the typical foot sizing of those with Native American heritage, according to their resources.

Any thoughts?
                      sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

work - usually business casual. long sleeve dress shirt, wool slacks, and dress shoes when needed
                        going to the supermarket - whatever I'm wearing
                        going to the mall - white crispy T under a colored T, basketball or denim shorts, Jordans.
                        a wedding (as an invited guest, not a participant) - white or off-white, long-sleeved barong tagalog
                        a funeral - black barong tagalog polo
                        flying (on a commercial airline) - jeans, t, loosely-laced dunks or Air Force 1's, iPod
                        home - basketball shorts and T
                        sleeping -
                        Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

Oh boy, I wanted to post about the appropriateness of wearing a sarong, when where, and will I look like I'm a haole tourist, but I think I should answer the original questions first. Ugh! Here goes...
                          1. work - umm, I dont have a job right now.
                          2. school - ooh! I start school Monday, and I have no idea what to wear!! I will bring a sweatshirt in case its cold!
                          3. going to the supermarket - whatever I'm in when I pass the store and think "ooh, we could use some more food!"
                          4. going to the mall - something nice, usually a dress and/or makeup
                          5. nightclubbing - huh?
                          6. a first date (which can occur following the question before this) lol
                          7. the beach - bikini under regular clothes with an appropriate coverup.
                          8. a family party - n/a for Hawaii, back home, whatever Mom wants!
                          9. a friend's party - shorts, tshirt, gross flops, mascara.
                          10. a wedding (as an invited guest, not a participant) - dress and makeup! duh!
                          11. a funeral - navy blue. I actually own a 'funeral dress';(oh, wait, not because I've been to a ton of funerals, I just found the perfect 'funeral dress on sale a few years ago, and it looks fine!) and, of course, makeup.
                          12. flying (on a commercial airline) - comfy. whatever I feel like. bedroom slippers, usually. Depends on who I'm going to see, too.
                          13. home - sarong, preferrably, but full on clothes cuz my landlady is rightthere.
                          14. sleeping - whatever I want, or whatever I pass out in, lol!
                          So anyway, SARONGS! Full sarong, half sarong, whatever. When and where is it really okay to wear a pretty sheet instead of a skirt or dress.

Perverts need not answer
                          ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

This thread is spot on for my problem.

I going to my 45th high school reunion at Dole this Saturday, wearing nice dark dress shorts and black-and-gold aloha shirt. I googled and found a site that said sandals & sneakers are OK to wear . . . no dress shoes . . . with shorts. Athletic anklets for socks.

On the mainland, no matter what I'm wearing, I put on my Nike or New Balance tennies.

Any recommendations for footwear with shorts ?
                            Born in Hawaii, too - Truss me

Comment

Originally posted by Palama Kid View Post
                              This thread is spot on for my problem.

I going to my 45th high school reunion at Dole this Saturday, wearing nice dark dress shorts and black-and-gold aloha shirt. I googled and found a site that said sandals & sneakers are OK to wear . . . no dress shoes . . . with shorts. Athletic anklets for socks.

On the mainland, no matter what I'm wearing, I put on my Nike or New Balance tennies.

Any recommendations for footwear with shorts ?
                              Your Nike or New Balance is fine! As for the Aloha shirt, do you have to? j/k!
                              A proud sponsor of
                              http://www.haleamano.com

Comment

I've long had a large and nice collection of cool threads/shoes (mostly for $1 apiece from Beretainia Goodwill, when it was good), but rarely go out, so they just take up space, except for the occassional funeral or wedding.

Otherwise, it's 'ready to scrap' wear, which usually means I won't have to.

I remember Gabby at his last show, The Waikiki Shell, and he was wearing his tux, and said "I never wore this in so long I had to shake out the cockroaches".
                                https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Working...
                                X