New phone books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New phone books

Who's got the new phone books and who hasn't? We haven't, and we're beginning to wonder. Maybe the books are distributed by neighborhood, and Verizon hasn't gotten to Aiea/Pearlridge yet?

Ideas?
    http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Re: New phone books

maybe they're waiting on distributing them until the Hawaiian Telecom issue is completed.
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Maybe they keep having to find new delivery personnel? Those sons of guns are humongous.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
        Maybe they keep having to find new delivery personnel? Those sons of guns are humongous.
        Are they offering any temporary jobs?

I can lift a few from the van to the door.
        How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

We have our new phone book...it weighs a "ton" and I need two hands to lift it.
          Received the book about a month ago. I do think they deliver by areas and I'm in the Kaimuki area.
          Retired Senior Member

Comment

Squeaky wheel or something. Mine arrived today. They are huge, unwieldy, and will be very hard to use, I suspect. What were they thinking?
            http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

Originally posted by Linkmeister
              Squeaky wheel or something. Mine arrived today. They are huge, unwieldy, and will be very hard to use, I suspect. What were they thinking?
              Hmmm We never got a phone book for like two years.
              I ended up calling up 1-800-888-8448
              Check out my blog on Kona issues :
              The Kona Blog

Comment

thats the good thing about living out of Oahu, the white and yellow pages are in on book and the whole thing is thinner than Oahu's white pages alone!
                Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by Linkmeister
                  You really shouldn't complain too loudly. Qwest, the incumbent carrier in my part of Seattle, tried for a couple of years to make the size of the directories more palatable by putting the white pages in one book and then splitting up the advertising directory into TWO books! Talk about inconvenience. I never was able to find the right directory when I needed it (invariably they got put into different piles or bookcases).

Now, I mostly use www.four11.com or yahoo or go to online phone pages because I still have problems finding the books when I need them!

Miulang
                  "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

yes, i got the new advertising book.
                    (yes it does have a few phone numbers in it. and from what I hear many are wrong!)

hey.
                    don't need to go to golds gym anymore! just heft the verizon book around now and then.

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
                      Now, I mostly use www.four11.com or yahoo or go to online phone pages because I still have problems finding the books when I need them!

Miulang
                      switchboard.com

Comment

IF... ya wanna keep yer Verizon phone book,
                        But wanna see them easier to handle by da ohana at da hale, (for keiki and kupuna...) do this:

Slice the spine vertically with a razor ( or long sharp knife) at the page where the white pages end and yellow begins. do the same in the middle of the yellow pages. Looks like where
                        HEALTH
                        is.

get 3 large sheets cardstock (craft) paper. Procured from Fisher. your color choice to match yer kitchen. or wherever you use the books most.
                        Formfit the cardstock around the book. Glue only the spines of these three "books" onto the cardstock . Trim off excess. Voila;
                        Three easily handled phone books, fairly protected.
                        Use the blank covers to write frequently called numbers on the back, if you get keiki, have them do some art on the front. Mo bettah li dat than the ugly modern hula art and planny adverts get on top now. and your keiki will enjoy a lil pride and sense of achievement.

wanna go a step further? Got too much time and elmers glue on yer hands?

take three old aloha shirts. Lay out the fabric over the carsdstock covers. Glue where necessary.
                        Trim off excess.

You're welcome.
                        Yours Truly, Eloise.
                        Last edited by kimo55; October 17, 2004, 09:09 PM.

Comment

I guess I'm the young one here, because I can lift that with no ease (or its just that I've been used to carrying 2x4 lumber and helping my Dad in construction)

I don't know how the info is inside (I used to read the whole yellow and white pages for fun when I was bored) but which is better? the Paradise pages or Verizon's yellow/white pages?
                          How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Originally posted by adri1456
                            I guess I'm the young one here, because I can lift that with no ease
                            sorry to hear that. dass why the above advice...
                            Originally posted by adri1456
                            I don't know how the info is inside (I used to read the whole yellow and white pages for fun when I was bored) but which is better? the Paradise pages or Verizon's yellow/white pages?
                            don't know. I am never that bored!

I GOT it!

we'll just email YOU when we need a phone number!
                            Last edited by kimo55; October 17, 2004, 09:15 PM.

Comment

again, wit da phone books! Got two more sets delivered to da hale. Now, get a total of... lemmee see... ten separate books.

two sets paradise pages.
                              one set; adVentures
                              and two sets the Super pages (which doubles as a footstool).

speaking of AdVentures phone book, was hanging out at Don Ho's bar a while back and the rep who continually referred to the phone books as his book, reeeeaaaaalllyyy did not do much at all for the image of the company. hooooboy.
                              was like hanging out at da Glades friday nite.

Comment

Working...
                              X