Molokai Ranch closing operations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Molokai Ranch closing operations

SHAME on them for not donating those things to a charity!

And here are five words you never thought I'd ever say: Thanks for posting that, Miulang.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

What does it mean...."dedicate your land to ag" >>>?

Hard not to in Hawaii where everything grows effortlessly.
      FutureNewsNetwork.com
      Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Originally posted by timkona View Post
        What does it mean...."dedicate your land to ag" >>>?

Hard not to in Hawaii where everything grows effortlessly.

Farmers are given discounted real property tax rates if their lands are dedicated to farming. If landowners dedicated their lands for one year, they would only be billed 10 percent of the real property tax, 5 percent for 5 years, and 1 percent for 10 years.

With many of the "Gentleman Estate" lots on Oahu, scoundrels are receiving the RPT discount by growing just two papaya trees etc. on their lots.

Comment

And the hits just keep on coming. Just heard on the news that Molokai Ranch is gonna shut down the water and sewage services that they have provided AT A LOSS for years. Bwahahahahahahah......crackin up laughin.
          FutureNewsNetwork.com

Comment

And the hits just keep on coming. Just heard on the news that Molokai Ranch is gonna shut down the water and sewage services that they have provided AT A LOSS for years. Bwahahahahahahah......crackin up laughin.
            I don't get it, why is the county incapable of taking over the operations? Last time I check, Honolulu's board of water supply is run at the city/county level?

Comment

If Lingle doesn't step in and do something drastic, she will have the devestaion of Molokai residents as her legacy.
              https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Why is it Lingle's fault? She was not in charge when the Ranch created the water and sewage system with no fail safe long term financing plan. She had nothing to do with Walter Ritte's retarded group of misfits angering MRP to the point of throwing in the towel.

And remember most of all....this is what the folks of Molokai WANT. The people have spoken. They want no jobs. They want to get their water from a spring, like in the old days. And they want to poop in the bushes, or the ocean, whichever is most convenient. You must be respectful of what a person really wants, and let them have it.
                FutureNewsNetwork.com

Comment

I didn't say it was her fault, but it's happening on her watch and if she lay's back and let's it get worse it'll be on her resume.

I doubt the rest of your comment is true for most of the residents.

Comment

Now wait a minute Ron......I'm confused.

Do you mean to say that a minority of people can cause something to happen that would adversely affect the majority......???? And all this time I thought we lived in a Democracy, run by the majority.

There is no question that special interest, activist-minded, protest-oriented, small groups of people are totally wrecking Hawaii, from downtown Honolulu to the dusty west end of Molokai, and all points in between. They have no concern whatsoever for the eventual reality of the outcomes they strive for. You could almost call it "malicious", but for the fact that its' roots lie in ignorance. And ignorance to that degree deserves sympathy.
                    FutureNewsNetwork.com

Comment

I'll defer to your knowledge of experiences, as I havn't even been on Molokai for decades. I'd hate to think it's true tho.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
                        I didn't say it was her fault, but it's happening on her watch and if she lay's back and let's it get worse it'll be on her resume.
                        Maybe ... if she's still the Mayor of Maui County.

She'll only step in if Maui County ... ... can't find a solution for Moloka'i or formally request State help.

From my Moloka'i resident's eyes, I want to see what the daughter of Hannibal Tavares is going to do.
                        Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

And remember most of all....this is what the folks of Molokai WANT. The people have spoken. They want no jobs. They want to get their water from a spring, like in the old days. And they want to poop in the bushes, or the ocean, whichever is most convenient. You must be respectful of what a person really wants, and let them have it.
                          I see you have mastered the art of venomous sarcasm.
                          Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

The mental tenor of sarcasm is often too high for understanding by those toward which it is directed. I think Dennis Miller has this problem all the time.

The lunacy of the situation on Molokai, including both the activists AND the MRP, is just too juicy to avoid caustic satire. It is a fine line between what can be called sad, and deserve sympathy, and what can be called crazy, and deserves ridicule. Some issues even deserve both.
                            FutureNewsNetwork.com

Comment

The mental tenor of sarcasm is often too high for understanding by those toward which it is directed.
                              It's also tough to perceive in the written postings of a forum - and use of a "rolleyes" emoticon spoils the point. But those of us who have read, discussed and sparred with your posts, Tim, have learned to recognize it from you - sometimes. Don't ever change, brah.

Comment

Apparently the public commission has ordered MK to continue operation of the utilities. Is that even legit? Who owns the utility at this point? If it's MK, isn't it considered private property? And the stipulation is till they find someone else to take over. Who wants to do that? I don't think it's profitable so that pretty much nixes the private sector.

What I want to know is, what happened to the enviro groups that said they were trying to line an alternative up for Molokai? Any updates on that?

Comment

Working...
                                X