Longs Overcharging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Longs Overcharging

I went to two different Longs Drug Stores on two different days this week and purchased two different items and was overcharged on both. Not a huge overcharge (something like 3-4 dollars each) but still... I don't think they're doing it on purpose but there seems to be an issue with the way their scanner reads some items. One clerk said sometimes the scanned price is not a current price. So double check your prices there and if in doubt, there's no harm in asking them to verify that they're charging you the right amount.

Re: Longs Overcharging

Same thing just happened at Walgreens!
    They have packs of 2 small boogie boards on sale for $3, originally $6.
    When it registered $6 I said no it's $3. Then she thought she removed the $6, but actually charged me again along with the $3. I paid what was asked, but knew my purchases shouldn't cost that much, so just slightly moved out of the way and checked it out. You charged me the $6 twice, I said and then got my $12 plus tax returned to me. Sheesh!
    Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

I've run into the same thing often.
      Their excuse is that the computer system, which assigns prices to the scans, has not been updated with the sale prices.
      ALWAYS check your receipts at Long's - especially on sale items!

K?
      Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
      ~ ~
      Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
      Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
      Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Cept that one of the things I bought was not on sale. It was a "normal" price but they just had the wrong price on it when they scanned it. and a friend from CA said that he had the same issue at Longs in CA.

Comment

I've never had a problem at Longs. Or, maybe I'm just not checking my receipt well enough.

The only thing I don't understand are all the different 'sales' -- In Store Special, Manager's Special, Today's Low Price, etc. Which one is the real sale?

Comment

Re: Overcharging

A few weeks ago I bought $65 worth of goods at a small market in Kaneohe. The nice old lady (co-owner of the store) ran my card and had me enter my PIN. The machine told her it had malfunctioned, so we ran the card again and I entered my PIN again. Same result. This happened seven times before the charge finally went through. (Four times with her, and three times with her husband.)
            I of course checked to make sure that the first six charges had been deleted, and they showed me a printout that appeared to be correct.
            When I checked my account online two days later, all seven charges were there!!!!!!!!!!!!
            I took a printout of my account activity into the store, and the owners were on the phone with Bank Of Hawaii for almost an hour before the mess got resolved.
            I thought.
            Until I received a letter from BOH a few days ago that they had removed those funds from my account. AGAIN.
            I spent at least an hour on the phone with Bank of Hawaii, who claims it will take them 45 days to solve the matter. I went ballistic, and said they'd illegally removed $390 from my account. Didn't matter to them. I worked my up through a couple of supervisors and got nowhere. MAYBE I'll get my money back in February.
            If you charge something on your card and it doesn't go through the first time, DO NOT swipe your card through again. Pay cash, or leave.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

OMG Likanui!
              That's scary even.
              Best of luck, my friend.
              Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Longs still goin? Well all the Longs over here is now CVS Pharmacy.

Not wowed by their setup because I just get to dizzy and ended up waltzing right out.

In regards to the thread I can see WHY a lot of people are looking over their receipts before leaving the stores. I myself have not experienced any over charging yet and always look at the displays on what I am buying.

Comment

C-H-A-R-L-E-S-T-O-N
                  1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-0

Rememba da code
                  Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

That happens at Longs sometimes. But, I can spot the overcharge because I only buy a few items at a time. Safeway is confusing because what's on the cashier's screen is different from what's on the stub.

Comment

Originally posted by DannyWilliams View Post
                      Longs still goin? Well all the Longs over here is now CVS Pharmacy.
                      /snip

I think they considered changing the name to CVS here or I heard they were going to but then reconsidered. It's a good thing since we're probably gonna call it Longs anyhow. I still call Don Quijote Daie and sometimes even Holiday Mart. *g*

Comment

When I go early in the morning at Kahului Longs, there's a older man that stocks the Enjoy snacks (arare, dried fruit). One day I was putting some other brand of arare in my cart. He took two of the packages out, and replaced them with Enjoy arare packages. He said, "Here, these are the same but cost less." I guess he was trying to be helpful, but I didn't appreciate it.

Comment

Originally posted by Adri View Post
                          I think they considered changing the name to CVS here or I heard they were going to but then reconsidered. It's a good thing since we're probably gonna call it Longs anyhow.
                          Of course, Long's has had a presence in California and Alaska in the past. But they've never been THE leading drug store chain in those states. Only in Hawaii. So the Long's name here carries a special significance. CVS played it very smart by keeping the Long's name, as it painted them as the "kama'aina" business while Walgreen's is the big bad intruder from the mainland.
                          This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Went to Longs this morning - I'm thinking that this is more than an HT heads-up, since it seemed to me the folks in the line ahead of me were, indeed, checking their receipts before heading out the door. Or maybe it just SEEMED like it.

Comment

Just happened at Longs in Waianae...to me and the lady in line in front of me!

I purchased Christmas cards on sale at one register for a really great price. Got to the car and decided to buy more. I went back, picked up the remaining 2 boxes and went to another register.

The lady in front of me was charged full price for sale priced items and called it to the clerks attention. I stood there with a bit of a smirk on my face while recalling this thread! The clerk and another employee took some time to straighten the mess out.

Then...it happened to me! I was charged double the amount (still a sale price, tho') I paid for the cards 5 minutes previous. I called it to the clerk's attention and showed her that receipt. She was really sweet altho' it was obvious she was tired of the mistakes. I told her that there's currently discussion on the internet about this problem and that she might just resign herself to multiple problems until Longs gets their computers straightened out!

Comment

Working...
                              X