Truck Drivers and Neon Yellow Shirts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Truck Drivers and Neon Yellow Shirts

It seems nearly every driver of a commercial truck in Honolulu -- say, pickup trucks, utility trucks, and other industrial-type vehicle -- wears a neon colored shirt. A kind of bright yellow-green color. Why?

I figured at first that it's just the official work shirt of a local contracting company, but it immediately seemed unlikely that they were all affiliated with the same business. And when I see these guys in parking lots, their screen-printed shirts all seem to be from different companies. Some don't even seem to be for a company.

Is it just a safety thing, to be especially visible? Is it some kind of symbol of solidarity? Is it a union thing?

Or am I just imagining this, only seeing a supposed trend because I've started to look for it?

Re: Truck Drivers and Neon Yellow Shirts

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
    It seems nearly every driver of a commercial truck in Honolulu -- say, pickup trucks, utility trucks, and other industrial-type vehicle -- wears a neon colored shirt. A kind of bright yellow-green color. Why?
    heheheh

I used to think they were from the same company too.

"The color is used to be visable while working near or on streets and construction sites."

Per Rodney of Local 368 Labor Union.

Auntie Lynn
    Last edited by 1stwahine; May 10, 2010, 09:05 AM.
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

It is a safety issue (OSHA) for visibility. The color is a standardized color called "Safety Green", even though it looks yellow, a very bright yellow, but you can still see a little bit of green. There is also Safety Orange, but most people seems to choose Safety Green. It can be ordered online (try googling "Safety Green") and customized for your company. I've even seen plain Safety Green shirts at Don Quijote and WalMart.

Comment

I thought this thread was for a different trend, like how it always seems like truck drivers with neon yellow shirts speed and weave through traffic all the time.

Comment

One of the classes I've worked with ordered its class shirts in safety green. The shirts looked sharp. I appreciated that they were so visible.
          But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
          GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Safety green - not just for T-shirts anymore

Today I saw road safety cones in the same bright green.

If they come out with barber pole designs in the colors of bright green and shocking pink, I'll get some for my black light 'fun' room.
            https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Working...
            X