Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Walgreens in Hawaii?

Originally posted by Kalihiboy View Post
    I remember THE BOX...or at least I do because I saw some old commercials for it recently!

Aj
    How'd you see commercials? I just remember that it was "reasonably" priced while in H.S. as compared to...San Francisco Rag Shop or Vis A Vis. They carried the U MEN brand, remember that?
    ___
    "Be god to each other."

Comment

Originally posted by 808shooter View Post
      I worked at the old T&C at Guava Lane. That was probably one of the last dept stores that subleased out space to other vendors as a business model. GEM of Hawaii was like that and so was Shirokiya to a limited extent.
      GL was the place for us to "cruise" as often as possible, and record songs at what was that place called? "Rising Stars"?

Did you really? I worked at T&C Kahala then Ward then Ala Moana (downstairs near Hino's) and finishing at Pearlridge. Some good days to say the least.
      ___
      "Be god to each other."

Comment

I so need to learn how to multi quote and post once!

Anyways, MEL...or anyone, has the parking issue been resolved so that we're not illegally parking all over the place?

I remember it was a "good" night if you found parking right at the door of Tower's. I'll miss just cruising the aisles, the first time they introduced the "headphones" to "sample" the music and the artwork was PHENOMENAL! I remember seeing a set, and waiting till the promotion was over to approach the artist to "haggle" and decorate my room.
        ___
        "Be god to each other."

Comment

Noticed this morning that fence around the old Tower Video store came down. The building does have Walgreen sign on the Kapiolani Blvd. side of the building but all of the glass windows and glass doors are covered or replaced (didn't get a real close look). This might suggest that the building might be used for storage or office space.

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
            Noticed this morning that fence around the old Tower Video store came down. The building does have Walgreen sign on the Kapiolani Blvd. side of the building but all of the glass windows and glass doors are covered or replaced (didn't get a real close look). This might suggest that the building might be used for storage or office space.

I'd still like to know where people are gonna park. It would be a hoot if they all went over to Sams, and then walked across the street, ignoring the pharmacy at Walmart. Cool.

Comment

wil be open soon ~ November~

Comment

Originally posted by InfinityProductions View Post
                How'd you see commercials? I just remember that it was "reasonably" priced while in H.S. as compared to...San Francisco Rag Shop or Vis A Vis. They carried the U MEN brand, remember that?
                The commercials were on some old tapes of mine, mid 80's I'm guessing.

Aj

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
                  Kinda hard fo' remember? Uhhh, yeah, that's what I meant by something that is truly a "distant memory." An old building/store that is physically gone, not re-modeled or renovated.

Speaking of another old Jelly's store that's a distant memory: How many of you remember the old building that used to sit right on the location where Hawaiki Tower (KHON's headquarters) is now? If memory serves me right, Records Hawaii used to be right next door to Jelly's.
                  Speaking of which, the old headquarters for KHON used to be somewhere on Auahi Street, what is located there now?

Aj

Comment

Originally posted by Kalihiboy View Post
                    Speaking of which, the old headquarters for KHON used to be somewhere on Auahi Street, what is located there now?

Aj
                    wasn't that the lot that was demolished and they found all those bones? I think they were building a whole foods there.

Comment

I just noticed today that Walgreens is not going demolish the old Towers building. Wow, I'm surprised.

I'm used to the bright, shiny, brand new Walgreens stores on the mainland, so I had imagined that for such a prime spot, Walgreens would want to do it up like a premier flagship store as nice as the ones I know from the mainland.

Very surprised they're moving into the same old tired building that Towers was in.

Comment

Past by the old Tower Records building (going to be the new Walgreens) this evening on the Makaloa Street side, the fences are gone too and a sign on the door to Walgreens says it will open on November 1.

I counted 3 parking stalls plus one handicaped stall at the Records lot and 7 stalls in the Video lot.

Comment

I don't know if this has a bearing on parking, but Walgreen's purchased the 5 story Heald Business College building next to the former Tower Records location. The place has parking that could be used for the store.
                          I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by Kittrick View Post
                            wasn't that the lot that was demolished and they found all those bones? I think they were building a whole foods there.
                            You mean BEFORE the area in which Pier One was built, the buildings that housed Crazy Shirts, Ku'Aina, etc. (since demolished and relocated across the street)? This I don't know. Can anyone confirm what was once at that location?

Come to think of it I dont even recall what once sat where the Ward Theaters are now? Old warehouse buildings?

I had a gut feeiling all along that Walgreens since they planned to open so soon after Tower's closing, that they would keep the original structure intact, which they did.

Aj

Comment

Love/Hate relationship I have w/ Walgreens.........

I hate their very narrow like aisles
                              Usually ya have to squeeze through to get from point a to point b

Do like their special "WOW" Buys and 2 for $_______ deals but ya have to get them for as mentioned or its regular price if you get just one.

"Deerfield" is an exlcusive Walgreens brand and I dig their No Fructose Sodas

Comment

update 10/19 (friday). Walked through the lot last night (10/18) on the way home and counted 11 parking spots. Of the parking spots, 3 were obscured by dumpsters and 1 was handicapped nearest the door. The parking spots that were the on the video side aren't marked for parking anymore. It's marked like a loading zone with the lines running through it.

Today (10/19) the lot was crammed with cars. I'm assuming its the initial staff going through training being that they are opening on Nov. 1st....

Comment

Working...
                                X