Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Long Time Coming? Longs Changes Smocks.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Long Time Coming? Longs Changes Smocks.

I have it on pretty good authority (a student of mine works there and has seen the new smocks) that Longs is going to replace the familiar green smock with a green aloha-print shirt. I believe it's close to the same color, but lighter.

This disappoints me. I love the green smock. I love the way the cashiers look in the green smock. I have fantasies involving the green smock.

Oops. Didn't mean to say that out loud.
    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
    GrouchyTeacher.com

Re: A Long Time Coming? Longs Changes Smocks.

Originally posted by scrivener
    I have it on pretty good authority (a student of mine works there and has seen the new smocks) that Longs is going to replace the familiar green smock with a green aloha-print shirt. I believe it's close to the same color, but lighter.

This disappoints me. I love the green smock. I love the way the cashiers look in the green smock. I have fantasies involving the green smock.

"Make Longs a part of your day, we'll try to help in every way. You always find the very best at Longs!"

Boy, I'll never hear those words the same way again.

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener

You're a sick person scrivener Green smock come on now everybody knows if you're gonna fantasize do it in technicolor man!

But I agree I wish Long's Drugs would keep the solid green smock as it's their signature color!
      Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

I wonder if the change in smocks (love da word! ) only applies to Hawai'i stores? Would be kinda cool to have the Longs employees everywhere have the Hawaiian print shirts too. Up here, I don't remember seeing Longs cashiers wearing any smocks, just regular street clothes.

Miulang
        "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
          I don't remember seeing Longs cashiers wearing any smocks
          There you go, making Scrivener's fantasy really take off!

Oh, wait. Maybe I shouldn't say "take off".

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Are smocks those vests they wear?
            How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Originally posted by doc1456
              Are smocks those vests they wear?
              They're more like jackets. See?

Comment

I accused my student of making stuff up, but he said that the Longs stores on the windward side have been using the aloha-print smocks for some time now. Tonight I saw them at my local store (Kam Shopping Cntr) for the first time.

They're nice. I like them.

The cuties working the registers are just as cute in these new uniforms. But you know, the lighter green just doesn't do it for me.
                Last edited by scrivener; April 24, 2006, 11:49 PM. Reason: "We're gonna drive 'til the early light, but not tonight..."
                But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Yar, I saw them at Kam, too and was wondering if I had stepped into the wrong store for a moment. They look all right but I'm so used to the solid green color :/
                  myspace | facebook | puppy moonwalk

Comment

Well whatever happened to the Man in the Blue Coat over at Times Supermarket? That's another lost tradition
                    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

They have them at the Ala Moana Longs too. It's more like a shirt than a jacket.

Comment

it's friday, folks, let's make it a Longs long weekend

Comment

Maybe they ought to adopt the Claire's uniform ... the girls in playboy bunny ears!!! Oh, that was great in that store during their promotion!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X