X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Big & Small Business Memories

Originally posted by Pomai
    Nah aunty... not da mayah..

I trying fo' beat Kimo in da Motah' Mout' contest!
    Pomai, no can. I tried. He one year ahead of me!

Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by Linkmeister
      You guys should eat at Buzz's Pearl City sometime and say hello to my sister; she's a manager there. She graduated Aiea HS '78 (I think).
      So if we say, "Linkmeister sent us", she going give us discount or what?

I like that name. One of our executive management staff calls me "Pomeister". Really!
      sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
        Wow! My brother, Frankie grad from Aiea 78'.

Auntie Lynn
        Frank Asuncion?
        Last edited by na alii; November 19, 2005, 07:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by na alii
          Frank Asuncion?
          Yep. Das my kid brother!

Auntie Lynn

Comment

A long standing "mom & pop" still around is the HYGIENIC STORE in Kahalu'u on the windward side of Oahu.

Basically a "7-11" type of store with everything from groceries to band aids.

They were infamous in the 70's & 80's not so much for the store, but the banyan tree next to it that was a "store" in itself for Pakalolo dealers & consumers. Everyone who grew up on that side knew about it.. including the police. Eventually it cleaned up and now is just famous for being what it is... the Hygienic store.
            sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai
              So if we say, "Linkmeister sent us", she going give us discount or what?

I like that name. One of our executive management staff calls me "Pomeister". Really!
              Snort! Somehow I doubt it. No need discount anyway...their prices are pretty good for what you get. Try the salad bar.
              http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

• Re: Club 'n Nightlife from Oahu's Past

Wasn't Sweet City Disco was in the International Food Court in Pearlridge during the 70s?
                Hmmm I may be wrong but I do believe it was in the Chinese Cultural Plaza.
                Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
                  Hmmm I may be wrong but I do believe it was in the Chinese Cultural Plaza.
                  They might of had two of them but definitely in the 70s.

Comment

Yep. Das my kid brother!

Auntie Lynn
                    I remember your brother. I forgot what class I had with him. He's a nice guy.

Comment

They might of had two of them but definitely in the 70s.

Boy the 70's sure was an interesting decade. Remember Angel's Flight slacks and those wavy polyurothane shoe soles Farmalauries or something like that and Silkies shirts.

And at the beach every guy had to have those OP swimshorts

Comment

I remember your brother. I forgot what class I had with him. He's a nice guy.
                        Aww...Mahalo! I'll let Frankie know.

Happy Holidays!

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
                          Boy the 70's sure was an interesting decade. Remember Angel's Flight slacks and those wavy polyurothane shoe soles Farmalauries or something like that and Silkies shirts.

And at the beach every guy had to have those OP swimshorts
                          I had a few pair of Angel's Flight pants but never had the 3 piece setup with coat and vest. I had OP silkie shirts and corduroy shorts. I think it was spelled Famolare. I used to wear silkie shirts in high school.

Comment

Aww...Mahalo! I'll let Frankie know.

Happy Holidays!

Auntie Lynn
                            Tell him Lincoln said " Howzit". I haven't seen your brother probably since the day I graduated from Aiea High. I must admit that was a long time ago. 28 years to be exact.

Comment

I had a few pair of Angel's Flight pants but never had the 3 piece setup with coat and vest. I had OP silkie shirts and corduroy shorts. I think it was spelled Famolare. I used to wear silkie shirts in high school.

Let me guess...you had the Seiko watch with the cut crystal face and drove your dad's Cutlass Supreme That was the routine and you got your clothes from the Ritz Men's shop, Andrade, or Kramers all in Ala Moana Shopping center.

You cruised around town listening to the Bee Gees or the Ritchie Family, Confunction, Flashlight, whatever on your Pioneer Super Tuner underdash cassette deck, with sounds pounding from the 6 x 9 Tri-axial rear deck speakers (Pre sub-woofer days) because 8-track was soooo yesterday!

Remember the Dove silk shorts the girls used to wear? Now those were hot shorts

Comment

Originally posted by Linkmeister
                                Snort! Somehow I doubt it. No need discount anyway...their prices are pretty good for what you get. Try the salad bar.
                                Always wanted to try Buzz's in Lanikai but never made it in. Perhaps I'll take my GF there for a Christmas dinner. Nice trek to the windward side. They've been a gateway fixture to the Lanikai area for decades. Just over the bridge, next to the canal.

How good is Buzz's steaks anyway? I'm not too picky. As long as it's a quality cut, well-seasoned, CHAR-GRILLED (with cross-hatch marks) medium rare, I'm happy. Pass the A-1 please. Baked potato on the side with ALL the fixinz: Butter, cheddar cheese, sour cream, chives and bacon bits. Table-side Caesar Salad to top it off. That's what I'm talkin' about!

Speaking of which, it's time to fire up the grill. Have a great Sunday evening HT'ers!
                                Last edited by Pomai; November 20, 2005, 04:26 PM.
                                sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Working...
                                X