X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wal-Mart on Keeaumoku

Originally posted by kimo55
    I believe she was referring to "the self' and NOT one's loved ones....

I know, but if I ever found out as a survivor that my deceased wife didn't give a rat's ass about how I'm supposed to cope with my loss of my best friend, I would feel so deceived it would frustrate me to death.

I wouldn't do that to my wife and I hope she won't do that to me. I don't think I would want to wish that on anybody. So do your loved ones a favor and let them respect you knowing you respected them on your last breath.
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
      It may seem like I am a heathen, but in reality I'm not.
      heathen:
      1:
      an unconverted member of a people or nation that does not acknowledge the God of the Bible

2:
      an uncivilized or irreligious person

hmmmm..
      the more "uncivilized" and dogmatic the followers of "the God of the Bible" become, the more of a "heathen" I proudly become.

(BTW; WHICH "bible"?)

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
        Wal-Mart doesn't give a rat's patootie about 'some old bones" as some put it. They care to the degree they must in the media and to the extent they are pushed WHEN and if they are pressed into it.
        Remind yourself. And never forget;
        They are a corporation... perhaps the one multinational corporation far and away from allll others, that puts the pursuit of the almighty dollar above everything else.

Whether they care or not, they're doing it, and for that I have to give them some credit. And what business doesn't put the dollar above anything else? That's what being in business is all about, making money. If you are in business to lose money then you shouldn't be in business anyway.

Remember that and never forget that many people survive on their paychecks from Wal-Mart too. Paychecks that feed families, taxes that pay for government subsidies to help the needy, construction that finds lost bones, construction that actually enhanced what that decrepid area looked like before.

Okay...so how many more replies till we hit 200!

Comment

[QUOTE=craigwatanabe]
          But you did exist and your loved ones want to remember that. A funeral shows that respect for your existance. You may not care, but your loved ones do, show them at least that much respect by letting them honor your life after you die.
          Oh, dey going rememba me, OK. But I no like one funeral. I no even like one memorial service. You know what I told my kane I stay like wen I die? You know what one Irish wake is? Everybody go get ripping drunk and go have one really good time, good food, good music, good stories. No moa time foa tears or nothing.

My favorite line of poetry from my favorite poet(ess) Christina Rossetti (she was one really depressing and depressed wahine just like Sylvia Plath) is: "Better you forget and be happy than remember and be sad." If I cannot make one positive mark on da world wen I still alive, why anybody going like try to rememba someting I did wen I make?

Miulang
          "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Okay re-edit we're still at 180 something posts.
            Last edited by craigwatanabe; August 27, 2004, 01:25 PM. Reason: thought we were over 200 posts

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
              I know, but if I ever found out as a survivor that my deceased wife didn't give a rat's ass about how I'm supposed to cope with my loss of my best friend, I would feel so deceived it would frustrate me to death.

I wouldn't do that to my wife and I hope she won't do that to me. I don't think I would want to wish that on anybody. So do your loved ones a favor and let them respect you knowing you respected them on your last breath.
              Dat is called "preplanning" and I neva wen go say dat was wrong, did I?

Miulang
              "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Oh, dey going rememba me, OK. But I no like one funeral. I no even like one memorial service. You know what I told my kane I stay like wen I die? You know what one Irish wake is? Everybody go get ripping drunk and go have one really good time, good food, good music, good stories. No moa time foa tears or nothing.

My favorite line of poetry from my favorite poet(ess) Christina Rossetti (she was one really depressing and depressed wahine just like Sylvia Plath) is: "Better you forget and be happy than remember and be sad." If I cannot make one positive mark on da world wen I still alive, why anybody going like try to rememba someting I did wen I make?

Miulang
                so you don't even try to make a positive difference in this world? That would really suck knowing that your life was simply parasitic and not a benefit to those around you.

Comment

so you don't even try to make a positive difference in this world? That would really suck knowing that your life was simply parasitic and not a benefit to those around you.
                  I KNOW when I stay make a difference...at work, at home and in my community and in da world. I no need anybody else to give me dat kine reassurance. I not dat insecure, you know? I can work behind da scenes just as well as I can out front. No need da glory, only need to know I made a difference.

Miulang

Comment

Whether they care or not, they're doing it, and for that I have to give them some credit.
                    Oh I give them credit for that.
                    Would give them more credit if they did this on their own.
                    And what business doesn't put the dollar above anything else?
                    many.
                    many, many, many.
                    they don't come close to the machiavellian methods employed by WM.
                    Much more than the xtent That's what being in business is all about, making money. If you are in business to lose money then you shouldn't be in business anyway.
                    that's too simplistic.

I give you credit for knowing the gist of the comment.

Business is most definitlely not so black and white as :
                    "make money at all costs."
                    or
                    "Go into the red and don't make money"

Remember that and never forget that many people survive on their paychecks from Wal-Mart too. Paychecks that feed families, taxes that pay for government subsidies to help the needy, construction that finds lost bones, construction that actually enhanced what that decrepid area looked like before.
                    wow. Walmart has nuttin on Eddie Aikau or jesus!
                    WM IS god!

Comment

You know what one Irish wake is?
                      yea. the only time you see one SOBER irishman.

"Better you forget and be happy than remember and be sad." Miulang
                      and thass why they (we) drink!

"I drink to forget"
                      "whatchoo tryin to forget?"
                      "I dunno. I forgot"

Comment

Speaking of old bones...You guys heard about the ancient artifacts that got repatriated to an old Hawaiian burial cave in Kohala last year? somebody broke in to the vault recently, stole the stuff and then tried to sell it at an antique store on the Big Island?

Man, if they ever catch that person/people, I hope the kanaka maiole issue one triple bachi on them.

Now they have to go put up gates and things and post guards around that burial cave so the bones aren't disturbed again. Sheesh.Talk about no respect.

Miulang

Comment

I KNOW when I stay make a difference...at work, at home and in my community and in da world. I no need anybody else to give me dat kine reassurance. I not dat insecure, you know? I can work behind da scenes just as well as I can out front. No need da glory, only need to know I made a difference.

Miulang
                          Okay! That's a good response! I respect that. I kinda feel the same way when I left the company I worked at for over 21-years. My co-workers wanted to throw a party for me (probably glad I'm leaving) but I refused and instead went to a small department luncheon that I treated.

But one thing I've learned about human nature is that when someone offers you something, take it or else you will dishonor their gesture and make them feel uncomfortable at your rejection.

You're like my mom. She said no expensive funeral. As a matter of fact in her trust she instructed me to bury her in a cardboard box! "Are you nuts?" I told her? She was adamant. Okay, I'll respect her wishes. I'll bury her in a cardboard box inside an ornate coffin that I'll pay for. I want to know that my mom is buried in something respectable other than some cheap box (what will my relatives think seeing the horror of my mom in a Whirlpool refrigerator carton!)

So that's good, I can respect your position. Since I gotta go pick up my kid from school in five minutes. BUT I'll be back to see if we went over 200!

Aloha

Comment

Okay! That's a good response! I respect that. I kinda feel the same way when I left the company I worked at for over 21-years. My co-workers wanted to throw a party for me (probably glad I'm leaving) but I refused and instead went to a small department luncheon that I treated.
                            Aw, gee, shucks. When I leave my current place of employ, I told the guys I wanted to have a bash at the zoo so the human inmates of the asylum could go play with the animal inmates.

But one thing I've learned about human nature is that when someone offers you something, take it or else you will dishonor their gesture and make them feel uncomfortable at your rejection.
                            That's not quite true. In some cultures, it's actually impolite to accept!

You're like my mom.
                            I hope that's a GOOD thing!

BUT I'll be back to see if we went over 200!
                            Where's Mel when we need him? Or Kimo...WAKE UP!

Miulang
                            Last edited by Miulang; August 27, 2004, 02:03 PM.

Comment

Ho, da off topic yeah, we stay. First we talking 'bout Wal Mart, den I see posts about funerals an stuff. (I know, bad pidgin, so sue me).
                              How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Originally posted by adri1456
                                Ho, da off topic yeah, we stay. First we talking 'bout Wal Mart, den I see posts about funerals an stuff. (I know, bad pidgin, so sue me).
                                Nemmind, anden, we going foa broke foa da record! Actually, not so off topic. We still stay talking about old bones (or maybe ashes). Us guys up heah sometimes get da same kine probs...we get plenty Native American kine grave sites dat getting disturbed by "progress". Da tribes all huhu up hea too.

Miulang

Comment

Working...
                                X