X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wal-Mart on Keeaumoku

Originally posted by mel
    Well if that would happen, WalMart would more than likely close down Daiei on Kaheka and move some of its operations (oriental foods, gifts and products) to the new store if they don't have them already. The Daiei property is pretty valuable if someone else wanted to go in there and develop it into something else.
    and it would haveta be something entirely differen that what it is, cuz wm will be taking all the rtail business in that area.
    THEN... what will we have?!

another broken down empty property that no one can do anything with.
    WM in action!
    yay.

Comment

by kimo55

Read all his obake books. (NOT bought at wal-mart on keeaumoku)

helen:
      "You couldn't have bought the books at wal-mart on keeaumoku since the store is not open yet."

(whispering: uh, yes, helen. I know. THAT was to keep the post on topic... sssshhh. don't tell anyone. It's cheating...)

Comment

Go Kimo GO! No let da buggahs get to you! Yes, there will be people happy to shop at WalMart when they open but I forgot about Daiei...and what about the smaller eateries along Keeaumoku...across from HMSA is a small eatery called Fairwood (I think) and they serve plate lunch style food...don't think they can compete when WalMart opens with their variey of eating places within the store.
        Daiei is hurting in Japan and closing the Kaheka store won't impact the Japan stores much.
        Retired Senior Member

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
          and it would haveta be something entirely differen that what it is, cuz wm will be taking all the rtail business in that area.
          THEN... what will we have?!

another broken down empty property that no one can do anything with.
          WM in action!
          yay.
          Oh but think of all the bones you'll find there.
          Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Yes, this post IS on topic!

Must be a slow news day up here (what Republican National Convention?), so they had this little feature story about how WalMart allows RVers to "camp" in the WM parking lots for up to 3 days. In fact, there's even a bunch of retirees in campers who have made it their life's quest as they travel throughout the country to seek out the WalMarts in the area!

I'm glad to see that WM is a little socially responsible: I mean, those grannies and grampies with their $45k+ RVs can't afford to stay in real campsites or in motels, so WM is helping them out by providing them a space to hang their hats...of course, those WalMart groupies also shop almost exclusively at WM for their food and other needs.

Hmmm...do ya think the WalMarts in Hawaii will allow unemployed, homeless people to camp in their broken down cars in WM parking lots as long as they buy something from that WM? Wouldn't that temporarily help ease the homeless problem on Oahu? I mean, you will soon have 2 WalMarts: spend 3 nights at one WalMart and then drive down to Keeaumoku to camp there for 3 nights!

Miulang
            "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

There is another Wal-Mart in Mililani and I think there is another one in Kunia.

As far as the Wal-Mart on Keeaumoku is concerned, Saturday night I walked past there to go to McDonalds for a late night dinner and the parking lot's lights are on, the traffic light signals are up but not running.

Comment

Originally posted by helen
                There is another Wal-Mart in Mililani and I think there is another one in Kunia.

As far as the Wal-Mart on Keeaumoku is concerned, Saturday night I walked past there to go to McDonalds for a late night dinner and the parking lot's lights are on, the traffic light signals are up but not running.
                That's even better! That means a homeless person with a car will be able to spend a whole week in a WM parking lot without actually violating a law...

Miulang
                "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

song for WalMart

a resting place, a sacred space
                  entombed, embalmed or planted.
                  let's misbehave an disturb da grave
                  and take the dead for granted.

corporate cockroach creep
                  so where's the spray.
                  they offer products cheep.
                  still, make them go away.

Toxic lead can cause real dread
                  and arsenic will shrink yo head.
                  by pesticide I will abide
                  an' die, depart, decease, drop dead!

Comment

At least there'll be somewhere to go when you need something in the middle of the night. Yes...I know that Pali Longs is open 24hrs. But Wal-Mart has a larger array of things to purchase.

Blueridge Telecom
                    Leila
                    Blue Ridge Telecom
                    Blueridge Telecom

Comment

Isn't Pali Longs Drugs near the bottom of the Pali lookout (well sorta) hmmm I wonder how many Hawaiian bones they'll find over there if they ever decided to dig up that location.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
                        Isn't Pali Longs Drugs near the bottom of the Pali lookout (well sorta) hmmm I wonder how many Hawaiian bones they'll find over there if they ever decided to dig up that location.
                        Ho Craig, you musta been snoozin in Hawaiian history class at Kalani. The bottom of da Pali lookout stay on da Kailua side of da Ko'olau mountains. But you right, probbally plenny bones dere.
                        Last edited by Glen Miyashiro; September 1, 2004, 09:41 AM.

Comment

You got em Glen, Hawaiian History was sooooo boring back then. Sorry for the geographical mistake. It was probably better that I was snoozin' then cuz' Hawaiian History according to the DOE was all shibai anyway. Now the truth comes out and the Hawaiians really didn't want annexation. So now what we do? Gee I'm glad I married a Hawaiian chic, at least I can stay on my land I bought.

Comment

Time to roll this increasingly infamous, record-breaking thread. The discussion of WalMart in Hawaii continues!

Comment

Working...
                            X