Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: dealing with business loss

Originally posted by Hellbent View Post
    So some dickhead pm's me on another local board and asks me if I owned the icafe, he just bought a xbox 360 from the auction and wanted to know how to unlock something.
    Sure enough, McClains had an auction over the weekend. My chest felt tight looking over all of the old stuff.

Ive got a descent paying job now and things are okay. <sigh> I guess I'll always miss the place. I keep thinking about saving up to start a new business, but now I've got responsibilites and even though I've gotten offers to partner up and start a new project, I dont think I'll quit my day job.

hugs, hellbent! You had a good run there for a while. Try to be pragmatic about it. You've learned so much from your venture. Unfortunately, with PMs like that, you will find it difficult to fully close the door on it. But you will eventually. Look forward. Give your present employer all you've got. You're probably a great asset to your boss simply because of this experience.
    Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

So some dickhead pm's me on another local board and asks me if I owned the icafe, he just bought a xbox 360 from the auction and wanted to know how to unlock something.
      I suppose that is a bit tacky at the least, and at worst, rubbing salt in your wound.

Kinda' like your exgirlfriend's new boyfriend asking YOU what turns your ex on. Sheesh.

McClains had an auction over the weekend. My chest felt tight looking over all of the old stuff.
      I'm surprised the auction house tells buyers where their inventory comes from. Is that part of their disclosure policy?
      sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai View Post
        Kinda' like your exgirlfriend's new boyfriend asking YOU what turns your ex on. Sheesh.
        I would just start making stuff up.

Comment

Sure enough, McClains had an auction over the weekend. My chest felt tight looking over all of the old stuff.
          There will always be people who are cruel and ignorant. SMILE and go forward my dear...it gets better. When my MAMA closed Benny's three years ago, my heart broke too. I hated the stares and the questions. But I kept SMILING. Soon the hurt subsided and the pain went away. A new Life began.

It will get better.

~Hugs~

Auntie Lynn
          Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
          Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
            There will always be people who are cruel and ignorant. SMILE and go forward my dear...it gets better. When my MAMA closed Benny's three years ago, my heart broke too. I hated the stares and the questions. But I kept SMILING. Soon the hurt subsided and the pain went away. A new Life began.

It will get better.

~Hugs~

Auntie Lynn

thank you all again, for the kind words. i dream of a new business, and wont make the same mistakes again. on the other hand, i did so badly i wonder if i should ever even try again.
            i see some of the old customers around the neighborhood or on myspace, alot asked what happened. unfortunately its usually followed up by 'is this or that for sale?'
            the auction was apparently held at the location, and the name of the business shows on the mcclains website. apparently some nice wines from padovani's will be on sale soon.
            i guess everyone loves a good deal. if i had known the auction was coming up, i would even have told them about it. i also wanted my videos back, someone got some good foreign movies.
            anyway, thanks again.
            Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

thank you all again, for the kind words. i dream of a new business, and wont make the same mistakes again. on the other hand, i did so badly i wonder if i should ever even try again.
              Owning a Business gives you the ability to do what "YOU" want to do. You are your own BOSS! However, as you know from experience it doesn't mean one can make it. In fact, the odds of making it is very slim.

Having a business plan that is solid, a place where your idea is needed as far as being profitable or just wishful thinking. What are the risks factors, etc. etc. In today's business world...so much comes into play. Yet, if you have a product, the ability to market it as well as the desire and heart to work your arse off ~ you can make it!

Never say never. Always say I can and I will!

Everyone starts as a beginner. Just as a baby falls when they start learning how to walk. You just started. Pick up yourself. Take a break. And when you are ready to walk again...don't be afraid. For what you have can not be found in Books. You have EXPERIENCE.

And that Hellbent is something Money can't buy!

Auntie Lynn
              Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
              Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Working...
              X