Divorce Lawyer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Divorce Lawyer

Michael J. Y. Wong - recommended by my Alpha Female, who worked with him several years ago (as an employee, not as a client.)

Comment

Divorce sucks. I can only hope our children make better choices.
      http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
      http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by timkona View Post
        I'm going through it right now. It sucks pretty hard. I miss my daughter, and I am heartbroken.

Studies show clearly that kids who come from divorce do much worse than kids who come from miserable families with TWO parents. Sounds weird, but there is a good book about it at Borders. Was a 25 year study or something, with thousands of subjects. So if there is kids involved, and you honestly love them better than you love yourself, the best thing to do is to suck it up till they are 18.
        First, I am sorry to hear about your situation. My thoughts are with you and your daughter during this tough time.

Second, I am very familiar with the book of which you speak, The Unexpected Legacy of Divorce by Judith Wallerstein. As you said, it is a 25 year study about what happens to the children of divorced parents. As a person whose parents are divorced, this is one of the most important books I have ever read.

The book isn’t perfect (there are issues with self-selection and a lack of diversity of the participants), but to anyone who comes from a divorced family and always wondered why you had certain reactions to situations, this book is for you. I've also seen this book help parents who were getting divorced, as they could better expect the behaviors that their children might exhibit, and I've seen this book help people who came from intact families who are mystified by the behavior of their partners who came from divorced families. It's one of the most important 5 books I've ever read - if the subject interests any of you, I highly recommend it.

Comment

Tim,

I'm sorry you're going through such a tough time.

It's my understanding that all parents going through a divorce in Hawaii go through the Kids First program. I've heard that it's a good program that has age appropriate activities for the kids (from working with them to express their concerns and feelings about the divorce to allowing the older children to actually see the court room with an explanation about the divorce process) and, if the parents are open to it, to helping the parents avoid some of the pitfalls of divorces involving children. I haven't gone through the program myself but I hope that it helps you and your daughter. The program isn't going to make everything ok (I doubt there's anything that can do that when one affected family member doesn't want the divorce) but it does try to make it not as better or at least not as hard as it might be.

The Judiciary website has some self help info. Hope this is helpful:

http://www.courts.state.hi.us/page_s...C683E9A06.html

Comment

Kids come first. Do whatever it takes to make sure they can get the best start in life.

But if things become impossible for whatever reason, talk to Ann Isobe. She's a powerful advocate.

Comment

I would be remiss (sp) were I not to report that the TRO was dropped in court, and my wife and I have since decided to get back together and make a go of it. My daugher is delighted.

Good news is always fun to share on Hawaii Threads.
              FutureNewsNetwork.com
              Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Great news, Tim. Thanks for sharing it.

Comment

I would be remiss (sp) were I not to report that the TRO was dropped in court, and my wife and I have since decided to get back together and make a go of it. My daugher is delighted.

That's great timkona. I'm happy for you, and good luck!

Comment

Wow!
                    That's terrific Tim. I wish you and yours all the very Best.
                    Gotta say that this was the best thing that I experienced today.
                    Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

That's happy news! Bless your family!

pax

Comment

OahuGirl (you know - the person who started this thread?), did you ever find an attorney?
                        "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                        – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Maybe we should get married after age 40. That way we've been around the block, seen it all, been there, done that yada yada yada. And then in the end you just want to settle down with a nice cozy friend for the rest of your declining years.

And if at 40 you're still having way too much fun...what the heck put your whole self in and do the Hokey Pokey...cuz...that's what it's all about! Taa Daa!!!
                          Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

That's outstanding news, Tim! I'm very happy for you, a hearty congratulations! My parents did the same thing years ago.

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
                            Maybe we should get married after age 40. That way we've been around the block, seen it all, been there, done that yada yada yada. And then in the end you just want to settle down with a nice cozy friend for the rest of your declining years.
                            Let's just say I'm really glad I didn't marry young I had way different criteria during that time ...

Comment

That is great new Tim!

When you have kids, they come first.

Japanese have a saying "Shigataganai" (Again I think that's how it's spelled)

Basically it means. "There is NO sacrifice too great for our children!"

I'm glad that you guys are trying to work things out!

Remember tolerance is the most important thing.

Good Luck!
                              Aloha!!

Comment

Great to hear the news Tim.

God bless you All!

Auntie Lynn
                                Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                                Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Working...
                                X