Divorce Lawyer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Divorce Lawyer

Anyone know of one? One that doesn't drag their ass that is? Thanks in advance!

Re: Divorce Lawyer

If you don't get a recommendation for a divorce lawyer satisfactory to you, you may try calling the Lawyer Referral & Information Services number (537-9140). Whichever lawyer you pick, you should check the Hawaii State Bar Association (537-1868) to make sure (s)he is a licensed lawyer in good standing and then you should call the Office of Disciplinary Counsel to see if the lawyer has any complaints against him or her (521-4591).

Comment

W had a good divorce lawyer, but he got disbarred years later in an unrelated matter. So, he's out of the picture.

Comment

i know some names but have not used them myself, as i have never been married. check your pm box.
        superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Originally posted by OahuGirl View Post
          Anyone know of one? One that doesn't drag their ass that is? Thanks in advance!
          Sigh. Bettah go to Tom Farrell, he's my bro' in law but he's super-aggressive, he hates dragging his feet. He just opened his own office, good luck with da guy.

Comment

I'm going through it right now. It sucks pretty hard. I miss my daughter, and I am heartbroken.

Studies show clearly that kids who come from divorce do much worse than kids who come from miserable families with TWO parents. Sounds weird, but there is a good book about it at Borders. Was a 25 year study or something, with thousands of subjects. So if there is kids involved, and you honestly love them better than you love yourself, the best thing to do is to suck it up till they are 18.

I hired the biggest gun in Kona....Robert Kim.

Truth is I wish my wife and I could go to counseling, or hypnotherapy, or whatevahs, so that my lovely daughter has a better chance at life. Did I mention how much I miss her?
            FutureNewsNetwork.com
            Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Big hugs, Tim. It hurts to read that.

pax

Comment

TimKona - I agree. I'd like to see divorce become illegal in the US except in extreme circumstances.

Comment

Originally posted by Pua'i Mana'o View Post
                  Big hugs, Tim. It hurts to read that.
                  What PM said, Tim.
                  Originally posted by Punaluu_kid View Post
                  TimKona - I agree. I'd like to see divorce become illegal in the US except in extreme circumstances.
                  Interesting observation. Personally, I'd rather see marriage made more difficult. O'course...one industry in Vegas would totally shut down! Regardless, whether marriage requirements increase or divorce becomes illegal, neither will stop the heartache children feel when caught in the midst of parents at odds with each other.

Comment

I'd like to see divorce become illegal in the US except in extreme circumstances.
                    Or make it tougher to get married (or have kids) in the first place?

Seriously - Tim, you know a lot of us are thinking about your situation, and hoping for the best that you can work out - especially for your daughter's sake.

Comment

I think the bar should definitely be raised. It is all too easy for one mentally unbalanced spouse to get a hold of a lawyer who will tie everyone up in litigation for years, tying up and jeopardizing assets and traumatizing children (not saying everyone who wants a divorce is this way). It appears to be a huge industry among lawyers, and the judges seem all too happy to facilitate and enable it (hey, they're lawyers too!). In addition, having to show up for countless court dates, costing someone their job, and then ending up being thrown in contempt due to non-payment of maintainance due to loss of job, starts a very vicious cycle.

At least this is what I perceive it to be on the mainland. I never had the displeasure of seeing such sad affairs as divorce transpire in Hawaii, but I assume it's more or less the same.

I agree with the other comments -- the bar for marriage should be raised as well, but I think this is happening naturally with the decline of marriage in the western world. People simply don't want the hassle and traumatic calamity that divorce entails.
                      Last edited by Vanguard; November 7, 2007, 11:02 AM.

Comment

Hoping the best for you, Tim. I'm on the brink myself and doing whatever it takes to keep it going for my daughter's sake.

Sorry, Oahugirl, don't know any attorneys. My attorney from my first divorce retired. Was a family friend and did it for a good cabernet and a dozen roses for his assistant. Sure as heck hoping I won't need one in the near future.

Comment

Originally posted by timkona View Post
                          I'm going through it right now. It sucks pretty hard. I miss my daughter, and I am heartbroken.
                          Brah, maybe I should juss shut up. I know we've locked horns many times. You enjoy trying to get under my skin and succeed. I enjoy the reverse.

But two warriors can put down their spears when it comes to children.

Hope you can do what's best for your daughter. And in my opinion, Fathers are far more important than mothers when it comes to the normal development of a daughter.

Best to you and your daughter my friend.

Maybe a thread on marriage and kids and increased divorce and blended families and changing roles of men and women would be in order.

Aloha Timkona

(Now grab your spear and I grab mines. )

Comment

Originally posted by kamuelakea View Post
                            Brah, maybe I should juss shut up. I know we've locked horns many times. You enjoy trying to get under my skin and succeed. I enjoy the reverse.

But two warriors can put down their spears when it comes to children.
                            Kam, TK & I have also clashed regularly here (as have you and I) - but he and I have had very brief off-board discussions about his situation.

I have to shake hands with you here. Politics and other beliefs put aside, we are all in agreement that the needs of the child outweigh points of argument between parents.

Comment

Sorry for your current heartache, Tim. Sucks big time when you can't be around the main reason why you looked forward to waking up in the morning. I pray that you don't beat yourself up too much over this: it takes 2 people to make or break a relationship. For the sake of your daughter, though, I hope you and your soon-to-be-ex can figure out a way to focus on your daughter's needs as she moves through this period with you.

Just because you read a book and studies about the difficulties children of divorced parents face as they grow up, please remember that there are also cases where this has NOT happened. That's when the parents decide not to put the children in the middle of their differences and only work towards keeping those kids foremost in their minds.

P.S. There no reason why you and the ex still can't go get some communication counseling even if you're not going to be together anymore. And I don't agree that if you're miserable you should "stick it out for the sake of the kids". Kids are very perceptive about tension in the family, and always having to walk on eggshells because you don't want to upset Mom and Dad can be destructive, too.

Miulang
                              "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                              X