Electronics bargains

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electronics bargains

Feel free to post here any screaming deals in electronics you come across.

Here's what I spotted today:
    Best Buy offers the Toshiba HD-A2 for $100 ...

[note: Sometimes the local brick 'n mortar branch of (fill in the blank) has an item listed for more than what their online site sells it for. I've found that the big box electronics stores will honor the online price if you print it out and show it to the sales manager.]
    "If it's brown, it's cooked. If it's black, it's f***ed" - G. Ramsey

Re: Electronics bargains

Spotted this in the current issue of The Weekly, and may prove to be worth checking out, www.passwird.com
    https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

$199 Everex TC2502 Green PC w/1.5GHz VIA C7-D processor
      Not a bad deal for an Ubuntu box w/an 80GB HD and 512MB of RAM. Keyboard & mouse included. Free shipping to local Wal-Mart available.

Comment

Wal-Mart has a 'secret sale' this morning. At least on the Mainland. Of course, the website says prices may vary in HI. They also have the Toshiba HD-DVD player at $98, and an Acer laptop at $348, causing a bit of a stir online, but I have no idea if either is being offered in Hawaii.

Comment

Originally posted by MixedPlateBroker View Post
          Feel free to post here any screaming deals in electronics you come across.

Here's what I spotted today:
          Best Buy offers the Toshiba HD-A2 for $100 ...

[note: Sometimes the local brick 'n mortar branch of (fill in the blank) has an item listed for more than what their online site sells it for. I've found that the big box electronics stores will honor the online price if you print it out and show it to the sales manager.]

Heard about this yesterday and called both BB's and none of them have these in stock. They dropped the price of the A3 to $199 today. Of course they also are out of stock. But you can order online and have it shipped to you. You also get to pick 2 free hd-dvds. The A3 also comes packaged with 2 hd-dvds. And don't forget the 5 free hd-dvds from Toshiba.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
            Wal-Mart has a 'secret sale' this morning. At least on the Mainland. Of course, the website says prices may vary in HI. They also have the Toshiba HD-DVD player at $98, and an Acer laptop at $348, causing a bit of a stir online, but I have no idea if either is being offered in Hawaii.
            I heard about this sale on Tuesday. I called all 4 Walmarts on Oahu and they said they do not carry any Hd-dvd or Blu-ray players. So much for this secret sale in Hawaii. There were also 15 hd-dvd titles on sale for $14.98. I guess Walmarts in Hawaii don't think people buy these type of items.

Comment

Originally posted by kdramafan View Post
              Heard about this yesterday and called both BB's and none of them have these in stock. They dropped the price of the A3 to $199 today. Of course they also are out of stock.
              I got the above result five minutes ago. You may want to try ordering it online and specifying store pickup. I've had CC employees tell me something was out of stock when in fact it was in their stock room, just not on their shelves. I've also spoken to store employess in the past who admitted to hoarding select items for themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by MixedPlateBroker View Post
                I got the above result five minutes ago. You may want to try ordering it online and specifying store pickup. I've had CC employees tell me something was out of stock when in fact it was in their stock room, just not on their shelves. I've also spoken to store employess in the past who admitted to hoarding select items for themselves.
                I checked earlier this morning and both BB were out of stock. This is a great price for the A3 since you get 9 free hd-dvds with it for $199.

I already have a A2 and was hoping to pick up a couple more for family members for the $99 price. But I now see that is not going to happen. I am waiting on the A35 model to drop under $300 before I get that one.

I did order a first generation 30gb brown Zune from Amazon.com for $89. Won't be shipped out until the 2nd-3rd week of this month. But still a great price.

Comment

Why did MS drop the price of the Zune THAT MUCH? That is a good deal considering how much it cost when it came out.
                  Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

I loooove spending money at http://www.surpluscomputers.com

I bought all kinds of gadgets and useful stuff from them. Here are a few of their current hot deals:

Well, that didn't work so well. Just go to the web site and take a peek around. Guaranz ball barrenz you will end up buying SOMETHING.

And when they say "free shipping," they MEAN IT! Even to Hawaii!

Blaine
                    Last edited by zztype; November 2, 2007, 10:14 PM. Reason: typo
                    Make trouble, have fun, do good stuffs.

Comment

Dell's 15.4-inch Vostro 1000 laptop hits $399

The all-black lappie features a 1.7GHz AMD Athlon 64 X2 TK-53 processor, Windows XP Home Edition, an XGA panel, 120GB 5,400 RPM hard drive, 1GB of DDR2 RAM, a DVD writer (with dual-layer DVD+R write capability), ATI's Radeon Xpress 1150 integrated graphics set, 802.11g WiFi and a four-cell Li-ion battery to boot.

Comment

Dell Inspiron 531 w/ 24" Widescreen LCD for $659 w/ $100 GC

You have to jump through a few hoops to get the posted price. This special is live now and will probably be sold out by Friday.

Click here to start configuring your Inspiron 531
                        • On the Select My Processor page, choose the option: AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual-Core 5000+ [add $70]
                        • On the Select My Monitor page, choose the option: 24 inch E248WFP Entry Widescreen Digital Flat Panel Monitor [add $290]
                        • On the Select My Video Card page, choose the option: 128MB NVIDIA GeForce 8300GS [add $50]
                        • Continue configuring your Dell Inspiron 531 as you please. When you are finished, click on Buy Now and then Add to Shopping Cart
                        • On the My Cart page, where it says, "Enter coupon number," enter the coupon code: 4J1M7748R2RRV6 and then hit Apply Coupon
                        • Your cart total should be $659.00 and the following discounts should appear in your cart, "Save $350 on all Inspiron Desktop purchases over $999" and "Get a $100 Gift Card on systems $999 - $1248 (cards to arrive in 6-8 weeks)"
                        This coupon expires after 4000 uses, so it will go by fast. The 24" Dell LCD monitor retails, by itself, for nearly $470, which is like getting the entire computer for only $190. And on top of that, you get free Ground Shipping and a $100 Gift Card!

While there are cheaper computers available on Black Friday, they are all significantly inferior to this configured Dell Inspiron 531 and none of them have a 24" Widescreen LCD Monitor included. This will be the cheapest you will be able to get a computer and a 24" monitor for awhile.
                        -- http://bfads.net/

Comment

The only problem with that Dell deal is that it's a Dell. I have seen more Dells come in for repair than virtually any other computer so far. But if you upgrade the PSU and the memory it slowly becomes somewhat reliable over the years. The mobo sucks big time regardless of what processor it's using.

When I strip down an abandoned Dell desktop what's left is typically the CPU and maybe the drives. Otherwise the rest is just stuff for the recycle centers.

Comment

While I certainly wouldn't recommend a Dell for any mission-critical work, I think the discount pricing puts them in competition with companies like eMachines and Acer. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the aforementioned marques probably rank close with one another when it comes to MTBF.

I would restrict any machine from said companies to secondary or light duty, invest a cheap UPS and hope for the best.

Comment

I agree, the marketing of Dell makes them so appealing. My problem with Dell is when they break and you have to deal with propietary PSU's and mothboards. For some Dell's like the Dimension series replacing a PSU is simply cutting out some metal from the backside to accomodate the aftermarket PSU. But on some Insperions and a few Dimensions out there the replacement PSU requires a special 6-pin Molex connector and depending on which PSU you have, the pin designation can be different between models.

The motherboards seem to just want to fail after a few years as well. Nothing you can do but replace it, but then the front panel connectors are connected to an LED driver board then onto the mobo making splicing in an aftermarket mobo nearly impossible.

Basically Dell doesn't want you to use their case or PSU mount for aftermarket mobo's and psu's.

Gateway on the other hand will accept a few PC Chips mobos directly with their propietary front panel connectors fitting directly onto the aftermarket mobo. Same with E-machines accepting ECS Elitegroup mobos with no front panel connector modifications.

Acer also uses aftermarket mobos such as Foxconn and others for their builds. What makes these brands so good to work on is their adaptability to aftermarket upgrades...unlike Dell.

Comment

Working...
                              X