Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Photo Website Questions...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Photo Website Questions...

    I want to know which website(s) to use & to keep. :

    http://skype.com/

    http://flickr.com/

    http://photobucket.com/

    I am thinking of downloading pics into a site & getting a personal weblink.

    First off, I found flickr.com, later I found photobucket.com

    I would like to know which ones of you use any of those 3 the most, & which ones do you think I should use?.

    The reason for this question is, I have some photos in my camera, & I can't decide whether to email people direct from my computer or set up a personal weblink from any of those 3 choices above, so my friends can just click on the site, & copy what they want from it.

    Which is a better idea to do???

    email them direct or personal weblink (which one of the 3 above).

    or... put it this way....

    How would you like to be able to receive your pictures from me, if you wanted a copy of the ones I took (If I had taken a picture of you)?.

    Anybody???

    Aches & Pains
    (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

  • #2
    Re: Website Questions...

    Skype is actually a program that you use to instant message people and to make phone calls from your computer. I don't think it would be practical to send photos to your friends this way.

    Are you sending a massive amount of photos to your friends, or only a few? If it's only a handful of pictures, I'd email them directly.

    To me, Flickr seems to be the easiest option if you have a substantial amount of photos to share. You can create a group to share photos you've uploaded with friends. The group can be set to public, meaning anyone can see your pictures, or you can set the group so only people you invite can see the pics. Or the pictures can be completely private.

    I have the most experience with Photobucket, but it's more for temporary/short-term use of photos, like posting photos on message boards. You can organize photos with albums there, too, but it's more humbug.

    EDIT: There's related threads here and here. Hope all this helps!
    Last edited by liberty; December 16, 2007, 02:18 AM.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Website Questions...

      Originally posted by liberty View Post
      Skype is actually a program that you use to instant message people and to make phone calls from your computer. I don't think it would be practical to send photos to your friends this way.

      Are you sending a massive amount of photos to your friends, or only a few? If it's only a handful of pictures, I'd email them directly.

      To me, Flickr seems to be the easiest option if you have a substantial amount of photos to share. You can create a group to share photos you've uploaded with friends. The group can be set to public, meaning anyone can see your pictures, or you can set the group so only people you invite can see the pics. Or the pictures can be completely private.

      I have the most experience with Photobucket, but it's more for temporary/short-term use of photos, like posting photos on message boards. You can organize photos with albums there, too, but it's more humbug.

      EDIT: There's related threads here and here. Hope all this helps!

      Well....

      I have a lot of pictures to send to a lot of different friends, but it's a few at a time to each individual friends (which seems like a lot when I look at it
      ).
      Aches & Pains
      (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Photo Website Questions...

        I would use a online photo service and do so myself.

        I would also suggest: http://www.zenfolio.com

        Personally for me Flickr is too "busy" meaning it's not real elegant and simple to navigate. I prefer clean, simple photo sharing sites.
        website - http://www.brianhancock.com
        blog - http://blog.brianhancock.com

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Photo Website Questions...

          Originally posted by LocalMotion View Post
          I would use a online photo service and do so myself.

          I would also suggest: http://www.zenfolio.com

          Personally for me Flickr is too "busy" meaning it's not real elegant and simple to navigate. I prefer clean, simple photo sharing sites.
          http://www.zenfolio.com

          There's a monthly fee on that one, isn't there??

          I guess I am just looking for something free & simple. Thanks for the zenfolio.com, though.

          Perhpas I should stick with Flickr.com ??? or http://gallery.menalto.com/ ??
          Last edited by Serenity; December 16, 2007, 05:00 PM.
          Aches & Pains
          (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Photo Website Questions...

            Originally posted by Serenity View Post
            http://www.zenfolio.com

            There's a monthly fee on that one, isn't there??

            I guess I am just looking for something free & simple. Thanks for the zenfolio.com, though.

            Perhpas I should stick with Flickr.com ??? or http://gallery.menalto.com/ ??
            That's true it's $25 for a year and you and others can order prints directly from the site and your gallery.

            For free I would highly recommend Google's Picasa

            It falls in line with the clean simple interface and easy to use
            website - http://www.brianhancock.com
            blog - http://blog.brianhancock.com

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Photo Website Questions...

              Originally posted by LocalMotion View Post
              That's true it's $25 for a year and you and others can order prints directly from the site and your gallery.

              For free I would highly recommend Google's Picasa

              It falls in line with the clean simple interface and easy to use
              cooool!. Thanks.
              Aches & Pains
              (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Photo Website Questions...

                I think I read somewhere that Flicker posted a picture of someone with a caption that was not too flattering. The picture was from one of the Flicker users. No permission was asked.

                I'm not sure if that user was trying to sue or just complain.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by i-hungry View Post
                  I think I read somewhere that Flicker posted a picture of someone with a caption that was not too flattering. The picture was from one of the Flicker users. No permission was asked.

                  I'm not sure if that user was trying to sue or just complain.
                  Sooo...

                  You are saying that I shouldn't use flickr.com at all??

                  (I was seriously thinking of using that as my site,too.)

                  (if that's the case, I don't want flickr.com posting my photos
                  without my knowledge at all!!.)

                  Is That really true??

                  How did you hear of this???

                  Do you have a weblink of that story??

                  What is your best opinon of your idea of a best website to use (FREE) which I can use for a personal website to pass around to my friends, then??

                  I was recommended google's picasa, gallery menalto, or how about photobucket.com ??


                  Better yet.....

                  Since I have a myspace, should I just post my pics there, & pass the weblink around to my friends, & instruct them to click onto the picture side??

                  Maybe that might be a better answer???

                  Or go back to square one, & just email the pictures to each individuals, to who ever wanted a copy??

                  That way, I wont have to worry so much about the other trivial stuff?.
                  Aches & Pains
                  (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X