Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: USB Turntable

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
    Unfortunately, it may be Christmas before I have time to try it out!
    Santa will be watching to see whether you're naughty or nice...
    "By concealing your desires, you may trick people into being cruel about the wrong thing." --Steven Aylett, Fain the Sorcerer
    "You gotta get me to the tall corn." --David Mamet, Spartan
    "
    Amateurs talk technology, professionals talk conditions." --(unknown)

Comment

I noticed that Ion has since come out with a USB cassette deck and USB VCR. Both follow the same idea as the turntable - to bring your legacy media to the digital age.

Comment

Originally posted by GeckoGeek View Post
        I noticed that Ion has since come out with a USB cassette deck and USB VCR. Both follow the same idea as the turntable - to bring your legacy media to the digital age.
        Cool.

Supposedly, I can feed other analogue audio devices through the Numark turntable, via a built-in 1/8" stereo line input jack.

Comment

Originally posted by GeckoGeek View Post
          Poop! Took all of my cassette tapes to a thrift store over 2 years ago. Waaaaaah!!!

Comment

I saw a turntable in Radio Shack today, for converting vinyl into using on a MP3 player or making a CD. About $130 or so (sorry, I did not pay enough attention to price). The salesperson said they can order replacement needles.
            Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by Amati View Post
              ...for converting vinyl into using on a MP3 player or making a CD.
              Anyone shopping for a conversion turntable, be sure of one important point. If you just want to rip the vinyl to your portable player, there are some models that ONLY convert to a compressed format like .mp3. But if you want to save the material as an uncompressed .wav format (so you can process the audio further and archive it without any degradation in audio quality), be certain that the turntable will allow you to do so. Many of them now come bundled with Audacity, which is good freeware for most folks' basic audio production needs.

If you already work with pro audio software, like ProTools, Audition, Cubase, etc., you'll want .wav files. (Then again, if you work with pro audio software --- you already know that.)

Comment

Audacity imports and exports as .wav. I know it's not ProTools, but at least for archiving purposes, it does the job, right?
                But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
                  Audacity imports and exports as .wav. I know it's not ProTools, but at least for archiving purposes, it does the job, right?
                  Yes, indeed. It's a good program and will cover what most people need for home use.

Comment

Working...
                  X