Byteware going out of business

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Byteware going out of business

kinda like those Korean bars: Under new Management. Same people, same location, same old same old, just new license. It actually could be under a new owner as the old company can transfer it's DCCA registration number to another company.

The problem with another person buying the interests in a company is the Accounts Receivables, where there's a Net 30 discount on pending receipts and the company changes hands before collection of those receivables. The old company needs to retain it's name to receive and cash checks. However the new company cannot assume the old name because the old company needs to keep itself solvent long enough to collect on it's receivables. So the inventory stays the same, but the name has to change in order for the new business to be able to sell it's aquired inventory and pay its employees.
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Check out this computer store in Hawaii.

Digital PC Hawaii

They have low pricing, but shipping took about 1 week. I would rather purchase from a local store because if you have a defective item, you just ship the return locally instead of to the mainland. Bad thing is they only have intel items at the moment, but I saw a link for AMD somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by boy143878
        Check out this computer store in Hawaii.

Digital PC Hawaii

They have low pricing, but shipping took about 1 week. I would rather purchase from a local store because if you have a defective item, you just ship the return locally instead of to the mainland. Bad thing is they only have intel items at the moment, but I saw a link for AMD somewhere.
        Hmm, no phone number, and one week to get your stuff? Not sure I like that.

Still seems better to deal with a mainland CA mail order like zipzoomfly.com. Huge selection, unbeatable prices, and only $10 for 2nd Day FedEx shipping to Hawaii on most items. Get your stuff in 2-3 days. Never had to return anything yet *knock on wood*
        Last edited by mapen; January 22, 2005, 06:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X