Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for good pricing on HDMI cables

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Looking for good pricing on HDMI cables

    Which store on Oahu has good pricing on component and HDMI cables? Costco is out of stock on the HDTV hookup kit. It was a pretty good bargain and I'll need an HDMI cable this weekend. New tv being delivered tomorrow. Kinda ridiculous how much some stores will charge for this stuff. Or at the least, who has a good return policy?

    Thanks.

  • #2
    Re: Looking for good pricing on HDMI cables

    Originally posted by bueller555 View Post
    Which store on Oahu has good pricing on component and HDMI cables? Costco is out of stock on the HDTV hookup kit. It was a pretty good bargain and I'll need an HDMI cable this weekend. New tv being delivered tomorrow. Kinda ridiculous how much some stores will charge for this stuff. Or at the least, who has a good return policy?
    What exactly do you mean by "pretty good bargain?" If they sell a 6 ft. long HDMI cable for anything more than $7 or 8, it's a rip-off. Don't get suckered in. Do yourself a favor and go to eBay.
    This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Looking for good pricing on HDMI cables

      i buy my cables online, but remember when it comes to HDMI you don't need a "great" expensive cable, because it's passing digital content (1's and 0's). it's not passing analog (like component cables).

      Just find a HDMI cable that has a good build quality. Try walmart? you can return stuff there very easily. Also if you have Oceanic cable you can go to one of their offices and they will give you a HDMI cable, or maybe find a Oceanic tech on the streets and ask him for one...
      website - http://www.brianhancock.com
      blog - http://blog.brianhancock.com

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Looking for good pricing on HDMI cables

        I'll place an order with Monoprice or Abacus24-7 for my cables, but I'll need something until the order arrives. It's nuts how both Best Buy and Circuit City can charge $44.99 for a 3' HDMI cable... and that's their cheap one! At least Walmart offers a cable in-store according to their website for $20.

        I'll see about how generous Oceanic is about their cables.

        Thanks.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Looking for good pricing on HDMI cables

          Originally posted by bueller555 View Post
          I'll see about how generous Oceanic is about their cables.
          Generous??? I guess with all the monthly charges that Oceanic heaps on their HDTV customers (digital cable package, digital HD set-top terminal or cable card), Oceanic can afford to throw out bread crumbs like "free" HDMI cable to everyone throwing money into their trough.
          This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Looking for good pricing on HDMI cables

            Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
            Generous??? I guess with all the monthly charges that Oceanic heaps on their HDTV customers (digital cable package, digital HD set-top terminal or cable card), Oceanic can afford to throw out bread crumbs like "free" HDMI cable to everyone throwing money into their trough.
            that's if you just take their standards rates....

            it's easy to get them to throw in free stuff. they can give you free HD, free HD PVR for a year, and other things if you know how to talk to them. Just say the key word "Satellite" and the will work with you.
            website - http://www.brianhancock.com
            blog - http://blog.brianhancock.com

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Looking for good pricing on HDMI cables

              Meritline has 2-Pack 6' 28AWG HDMI-HDMI cable for $9 - $1 coupon HW1932571OFF = $8 with free shipping.
              Twitter: LookMaICanWrite


              flickr

              Comment

              Working...
              X