Satellite TV signal reliability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Satellite TV signal reliability

That makes sense. I was beginning to think it was a conspiracy when despite the upper channel blackouts because of weather conditions, those infomercials always seemed to come in.

So basically because each transponder could only handle six channels at a time by changing to the menu guide and then to a favorite listing of let's say six channels, there's a better chance of getting them with no error? No wonder they keep pushing the subscriber to make a favorites listing, those sneaky bastards.

No matter at this point, this past Wednesday I yanked down the Dish Network dish because they even wanted the dual LNB and the 4-way multiswitch they installed, back. So I had to take it down to access the LNB's.
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Yea, i think its ridiculous for them to ask for the lnb... what if you dont have a 20ft ladder or are affraid of heights? they cant make you go to the roof to take it down... the receivers is understandable for thme to ask back but not lnb on the dish

Comment

Originally posted by antonio808_808 View Post
        Yea, i think its ridiculous for them to ask for the lnb... what if you dont have a 20ft ladder or are affraid of heights? they cant make you go to the roof to take it down... the receivers is understandable for thme to ask back but not lnb on the dish
        They should make whoever did the bad installation in the first place go out and take it down, imo.

--Michael

Comment

When I called Dish Network to cancel, they indicated they were sending some boxes via UPS to ship the "satellite boxes and remotes" back. The lady on the phone told me they didn't want the dish. But when I got the shipping boxes for all four satellite boxes, enclosed were instructions to include the LNB and multi-switch. I should have cut the dish to pieces and ship that back as well now that I have this useless hunk of an aluminum dish sitting in my yard.

Maybe I'll set it up in a vertical orientation in the front of my home so passersby will get totally confused as to what the heck this dish is pointing to. I'll tell them it's Dish Network's secret free HBO satellite

Comment

Would anyone getting DirecTV HD please post whether you're receiving TDISHD -- that's channel 292, Toon Disney HD. I can't get it. It's one of three new HD channels that DirecTV started carrying a few days ago, the others being 290 Disney HD and 207 Espn News HD. I do get those. I heard from one other D* subscriber 808vikingsfan on AVSforum that he is also not receiving 292, and I'd like a little more data before calling D*, to be sure it's a Hawaii problem and not just a dish alignment problem.
            Greg

Comment

Originally posted by GregLee View Post
              Would anyone getting DirecTV HD please post whether you're receiving TDISHD -- that's channel 292, Toon Disney HD. I can't get it. It's one of three new HD channels that DirecTV started carrying a few days ago, the others being 290 Disney HD and 207 Espn News HD. I do get those. I heard from one other D* subscriber 808vikingsfan on AVSforum that he is also not receiving 292, and I'd like a little more data before calling D*, to be sure it's a Hawaii problem and not just a dish alignment problem.

I can get 292 but keep getting that "searching satellite" message for 292HD

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
                I can get 292 but keep getting that "searching satellite" message for 292HD
                Thanks. Two other Hawaii subscribers posted to similar effect in AVSforum, so I just called it in to DirecTV to let them know about the problem.
                Greg

Comment

Working...
                X