• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Indian Tech Support IDIOTS

Originally posted by Composite 2992 View Post
    Maybe it should be "Whack! Whack! Get a Mac!"

:-)
    eh eh eh!!! Keep those predudicial comments off this board, now back to them 'idiots in India'
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by sinjin View Post
      What's the Hindi word for "friggin haole"?
      It's about as attractive as "Indian Idiot" I would presume.

Retaliating in the same vein is no more acceptable than the original insult. It's what keeps the fires burning. Do the right thing, teach your kids to do the right thing, and perhaps conversations like this wouldn't be taking place.

Comment

What's the Hindi word for "friggin haole"?
        Hmmm yeah about as bad as the original insult.

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
          What version of Windows were you running on that computer?
          Is the task bar always on or is it set to auto-hide?
          Did you change the time using the Windows? (as in right clicking on the clock on the task bar and selecting Adjust Date/Time)
          Or was the time changed using the BIOS (before you start Windows)?
          Might've been a while since ANY tech support staff has seen a problem like this. I can't remember the last time I had to mess with a computer clock, but it had to be at least 15 years ago... even when I was living in Daylight Savings Time.
          Youth may be wasted on the young, but retirement is wasted on the old.
          Live like you're dying, invest like you're immortal.
          We grow old if we stop playing, but it's never too late to have a happy childhood.
          Forget about who you were-- discover who you are.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
            Hmmm yeah about as bad as the original insult.
            Fair enough. I'm outta line. It was meant in jest. Missed the mark apparently.
            “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
            http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Comment

Fair enough. I'm outta line. It was meant in jest. Missed the mark apparently.
              We know you didn't mean it, but to the uninitiated, it can sound pretty bad.

But as a computer techie, messing with the system clock during updates can mess it up pretty good to the point where the update won't be validated.

Comment

Originally posted by AbsolutChaos View Post
                1)Sorry you are so frustrated with the help center at Dell.
                2)I've encountered the same problem with EVERY tech support I've ever tried to call, and not all of them were Indians on the other side of the line.
                3)Not all Indians are stupid.
                I agree whole-heartedly with all the points above.
                1) It sure can be frustrating.
                2) I've had many a 'lame' help from Hawaiiantel DSL techs, and they're on-island.
                3) All racial or national generalizations are generally untrue.
                Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Menehune Man View Post
                  All ... generalizations are generally untrue.
                  Whether intended or not, I find a lot of humor in that statement (edited to help show why I thought it funny). Thanks, MM.

Comment

Originally posted by dyasu View Post
                    ... Second off, in my experience with trying to help people with computer issues, it's not always the fault of the technician or tech support. There is an acronym used commonly in computer repair shops, known as E.B.C.A.K, or "Error Between Chair And Keyboard." I'd say the majority of things that go wrong with computers, even the cheap ones from Dell, come as a result of user error. This is not only true of the thing that CAUSED the error, but also applies to why so many people can't seem to resolve issues with tech support on the phone. A lot of the time its the customer who is the "idiot", unable to follow simple directions over the phone. I'm not saying you fall into this category LLK, but just pointing out a general observation of mine ...

... Take the Geek Squad as an example. They couldn't help you with something that was fixed in "10 minutes over instant messenger" and it's their JOB to do technical repair work.
                    dyasu,
                    You make some valid points. However, to be fair, whomever LovinLK spoke to at Geek Squad was justified in their price quote. Would you walk into a service station and ask a mechanic to explain how to bleed your brakes ... for free? Or walk up to Diamond Head Plumbing and ask them how to change your toilet ... for free? Or ask an atty how to file for divorce ... for free? I could belabor the point, but I think it's clear.

LovinLK was obviously only interested in free assistance (never mind the other issues). Conclusion? If you want free help, stick to forums and the Google.

* Note -- If you Google "windows," "error" and "80048820," this page is the first result:
                    Possible causes of this issue could include:

- Firewall settings are blocking MSN Messenger.

- MSN Messenger proxy settings are incorrect.

- Security settings are blocking MSN Messenger.

- Your date and time settings may be incorrect.

- Files that are required to make a successful Internet connection are corrupted.
                    d-oh!
                    "If it's brown, it's cooked. If it's black, it's f***ed" - G. Ramsey

Comment

90% of the time, it's user error/fault.

Is India changing the city's name to New Dellhi?
                      Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

Weird thread. Microsoft is an American company and they made the problem. Blame the "foreign" workers who's trying to help you. Oh well.

Tech support in the US has a lot of similar problems. I don't think the problems at Dell will improve any if they switched back to support hosted in the US.

Comment

90% of the time, it's user error/fault.
                          Tech support has an acronymn for that: PEBKAC. Problem Exists Between Keyboard And Chair. Or expressed graphically ...

The horror stories from tech support, from the infamous broken coffee cup holder (the CD tray) to the wizard who plugged the power strip into itself and wondered why there was no power, are hilarious after the fact, but somewhere there were techs who had to put up with them.

Computer Stupities

There are decent, interested callers who are unfamilar with their machines, and there are people who shouldn't be allowed near pointy objects, let alone computers. The techs who have to deal with the latter have my sympathy.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorDoom View Post
                            Tech support has an acronymn for that: PEBKAC. Problem Exists Between Keyboard And Chair. Or expressed graphically ...

The horror stories from tech support, from the infamous broken coffee cup holder (the CD tray) to the wizard who plugged the power strip into itself and wondered why there was no power, are hilarious after the fact, but somewhere there were techs who had to put up with them.

Computer Stupities

There are decent, interested callers who are unfamilar with their machines, and there are people who shouldn't be allowed near pointy objects, let alone computers. The techs who have to deal with the latter have my sympathy.

Yeah it ain't easy to talk someone thru reinstalling drivers while milking their goat.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorDoom View Post
                              Tech support has an acronymn for that: PEBKAC. Problem Exists Between Keyboard And Chair.
                              Or as an old boss used to like to say, the problem is with the loose screw in front of the monitor!

Ummmm....

Never mind. Too ironic, too easy!

Comment

This post is harsh but I was able to finish reading it.

I have friends in the Philippines who works as Tech Support Representatives with different tech companies that are based here in the US and yes they do have a script that they need to follow but that doesn't mean that they don't know what they're talking about.
                                Getting a call center job in the Philippines requires someone to have a bachelor's degree.

I think that Indian Tech Support Reps also needs the same qualification.

I wonder if you would have the same point of view if the person you talked to didn't have a foreign accent.
                                "It does not matter how slowly you go, so long as you do not stop.."

Comment

Working...
                                X