Indian Tech Support IDIOTS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indian Tech Support IDIOTS

I am writing this in total protest of what’s happening to the US economy in respect to offshoring technical and customer support to India and the Philippines … but especially India. Their technicians are stupid and can’t fix problems. I bet none of them are even Microsoft certified. Maybe these companies like Dell and Symantec get them cheap but it’s like buying oats out the back end of the horse.

Let me give you just one example of how stupid they are. This happened to me last week. These incompetent and arrogant Indians have cost me money and time because of their stupidity and inability to resolve issues.

We changed the clocks ahead for Daylight Savings time two weeks early so I manually fixed the time on my computer clock. However, somehow the month got moved from March to April. Simple mistake. I changed the clock at about the time it would have been changed.

When I got on my computer later in the day, I had a lot of errors popping up … the main one was “Revocation info for security certificate for this site is not available”. Duh! Had no idea what that meant. Kind of cryptic. It also had two error codes associated with it: 80048820 and an extended error of 80048416. Went to the link to Microsoft’s page on how to resolve these errors. Mind you, it mentioned nothing about the clock being on the wrong month. When I went to the pages to solve the error, the screens Microsoft had didn’t match my screens. Different data completely. There were two sites I visit all the time I could not get to using IE.

So, I called Dell technical support. No matter what Dell number you call, you always get some idiot in India. In talking with several people, this first line of tech support is completely worthless. The moron I had on the phone … for THREE HOURS … obviously had no clue what was going on. I even mentioned that I manually changed the clock and then got these errors.

To show just how stupid they are, I thought he’d go to the right places in Microsoft, maybe check the clock first and find the problem. I guess I should never let any of those morons take control of my computer but I did and trusted them. No more. So, this idiot said that there was a problem with my Norton 360 antivirus software. To fix the clock????? So he uninstalled this program that I paid $49 for … and, oh yes, Symantec’s tech support is also in India and they couldn’t even configure their own software correctly so it never worked right in the first place. Two features they never configured correctly, probably because they had no clue. I now have the free version of AVG instead. Hope it works just as well but I’m now out $49.

Well, I still couldn’t access these two sites via MSN but I could get to them using Mozilla Firefox. Why not Microsoft? No idea.

I even went to Best Buy and talked with Geek Squad people (who also had no clue) but they would have charged me over $200 to troubleshoot my computer if I brought it in and over $400 to troubleshoot if they came to the house. Money I don’t have. They also said that they have a lot of trouble with Dell because of stupid Indians. They drive them frantic too.

So I’m on IM with a friend in Australia and I mentioned this problem to him. This guy sells water pumps for a living and is NOT a trained computer technician. Within 10 minutes, he had my problem fixed. I went into the control panel, noticed that I had the wrong month and I fixed that and it fixed the problem. I still have another problem that may or may not be related where my mouse won’t scroll in my Favorites like it used to but at least the major problem was resolved by a pump salesman and not an allegedly trained IT technician – in INDIA.

So I got the Philippines on the phone today hoping to get someone here in the US. No luck. I did speak to a supervisor and she said to contact Dell’s legal department and she gave me an address in Round Rock, Texas and provided a fax number. I figured if I had the fax number I could call information and get their main switchboard number. No such luck. When I called, they had no listing in the phonebook. There is no address on their website either.

This is why we need to get the jobs back here and away from these Indian idiots who are doing us a disservice. Maybe a company gets them cheap but they’re not capable of doing the job. I hear complaints from my friends in Canada, England and Australia about the same thing.

I urge everyone to contact their congressmen and senators to petition them to fine companies heaps of money if they offshore tech and customer support. It’s costing Americans hours of time having to deal with these idiots, who still can’t resolve the issues.

Re: Indian Tech Support IDIOTS

So is you're problem that their unqualified or that they're Indian? Part of the reason these services are sent offshore is that American idiots costs too much.
    “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
    http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Comment

Originally posted by LovinLK View Post
      This is why we need to get the jobs back here and away from these Indian idiots who are doing us a disservice.
      That's really harsh ...

I'm against freestyle immigration and outsourcing, but I don't blame the Indians, or whoever else they get to do the job. When presented with a job, do you think they're going to think about feeding their families in a country with 1/3 the landmass and 3 times the population of the USA, or will they think about you and your job on the other side of the world? Frankly, I'd be puzzled if they chose the latter, especially since you called them all idiots

We have a 2/3 chance of staying in Iraq next year. Perhaps the dollar will go down to a point where outsourcing wont be economically viable, then our jobs will return to our homeland. It's a shame it will have to come to that.

Comment

Originally posted by LovinLK View Post
        We changed the clocks ahead for Daylight Savings time two weeks early so I manually fixed the time on my computer clock. However, somehow the month got moved from March to April. Simple mistake. I changed the clock at about the time it would have been changed.
        What version of Windows were you running on that computer?

Is the task bar always on or is it set to auto-hide?

Did you change the time using the Windows? (as in right clicking on the clock on the task bar and selecting Adjust Date/Time)

Or was the time changed using the BIOS (before you start Windows)?

Comment

Sorry you are so frustrated with the help center at Dell. I've encountered the same problem with EVERY tech support I've ever tried to call, and not all of them were Indians on the other side of the line. I believe the help center people are required to read from a script, and after doing that a hundred times a day, I'm sure you stop using your brain and operate completely from auto-pilot out of sheer boredom too.

Not all Indians are stupid.

Sincerely, an Indian who happens to live in Hawaii

Comment

You are overly kind, AC. I couldn't even get past LLK's first paragraph. And, this is not the first cultural (I won't use the "R" word) rant she's let loose with.

Shame on you, LLK.

Comment

Daylight Savings - now there's your culprit! Lucky we live...
              May I always be found beneath your contempt.

Comment

I think Lee Kernaghan is Indian. Or was it Mexican? One of those.
                I got as far as the second paragraph, Tutu, but then I probably have a stronger stomach than you do.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                  You are overly kind, AC. I couldn't even get past LLK's first paragraph. And, this is not the first cultural (I won't use the "R" word) rant she's let loose with.

Shame on you, LLK.
                  And I thought it was just me who thought that..........

Comment

Foa shame!

LovinLK, Come near the screen...Whack Whacks!!

Auntie Lynn
                    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
                      LovinLK, Come near the screen...Whack Whacks!!
                      Maybe it should be "Whack! Whack! Get a Mac!"

:-)

Comment

Having been on the receiving end of many a "Are you an idiot!?!" rant in my previous job, I can actually sympathize with the Indian tech support guys. I'll start by saying that in a lot of cases where I worked, its the customer who is unreasonable or ignorant, and not the technician.

First off, I would get off YOUR high horse in assuming that all of these people are idiots. Most of them are probably people who really need the job to support their family, and are just trying to make an honest living with that jobs there are available to them. These people, although not the IDEAL person for the job, are not evil or malicious in their acts. They are just like you and me, trying to make ends meat.

Second off, in my experience with trying to help people with computer issues, it's not always the fault of the technician or tech support. There is an acronym used commonly in computer repair shops, known as E.B.C.A.K, or "Error Between Chair And Keyboard." I'd say the majority of things that go wrong with computers, even the cheap ones from Dell, come as a result of user error. This is not only true of the thing that CAUSED the error, but also applies to why so many people can't seem to resolve issues with tech support on the phone. A lot of the time its the customer who is the "idiot", unable to follow simple directions over the phone. I'm not saying you fall into this category LLK, but just pointing out a general observation of mine.

The last thing I'd like to point out is that, even if these jobs were to be sent back to the United States, the service would likely be no different (except for the missing Indian accent). Who would you imagine would take these tech support jobs in the US? Certainly not a trained and certified technician, who can get paid 3-4 times as much in a different job position. Odds are you are going to get the same untrained, non-certified people on the phone as you do in India. Take the Geek Squad as an example. They couldn't help you with something that was fixed in "10 minutes over instant messenger" and it's their JOB to do technical repair work.

All I'm saying is that, while the idea of bringing these jobs back to the US is great, as it will provide more jobs to Americans instead of putting them out of work to cut costs, in reality it WILL NOT improve the level of service that you get.

No technician who is certified and has experience would ever work in an over-the-phone support position, unless they were being paid rather well to do it. Apple phone support is an example of this. They get paid decently and go through the necessary training. But if Apple were to try and get away with paying them what Dell pays the "Indian idiots", or even just cut their pay to that of normal call-center employees, they would up and leave to find higher paying positions elsewhere.
                        Eating my way through restaurants at http://www.nomnomfoodie.com

Growing a local Hawaii food blogger community at http://www.hawaiifoodbloggers.com

Comment

Marguerite posted the same rant on another board I frequent - the Admin there removed it. I suspected I would I get to read it in all its glory here.

Sorry, but I disagree that workers in the United States would necessarily do any better with customer service issues. Doesn't everyone here have a collection of stories they could recite (please don't, however) about the "idiots" they have dealt with amongst USA-based service departments?

I don't need to address the racial issues; other posters are handling it just fine.

...and salmoned summed it up best, don't you think?

Comment

What's the Hindi word for "friggin haole"?
                            “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
                            http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Comment

It is for this reason is why I decided to learn to fix my computer myself and to also rely on other tech support people.

An excellent forum uses the same kind of posting forum as HT so navigating through their site is a piece of cake. It's called TECH SUPPORT FORUM and it's free to anyone. The results are better than any customer support I've ever had to use and is like Circuit Circus on steroids.

For HTer's it's easy to use as it's the same thing as HT right down to how you can edit your posts to PM and everything.
                              Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Working...
                              X