system tray pop up message

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: system tray pop up message

No the signal strength remains the same. It's just constantly reminding me that it's still receiving signal as strong as it did the last minute.

It's as annoying as my 10-year old asking me that age old question while enroute to the beach, "Are we there yet?"

Hmmm next time my kid asks me that repeatedly, I'll tell him, "yeah we passed it already".
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

It's changing from "Very Good", then to "Excellent" and then to "Very Good" again? If so that is a change in status.

As opposed to saying "Excellent", "Excellent", "Excellent" all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post

the problem I'm having is on my IBM Thinkpad is the message for signal strength keeps popping up wayyyy to often, like every minute.

Funny though as none of my other computers have that problem.
        Take a look at this info that apparently helped somebody fix this very same problem. Seems easy enough to try, but as always back up your registry first.

Comment

Sounds good, I'll try it next time I have the energy to re-edit my registry and after I try Aaron's suggestion of using the MS Powertoy.

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
            It's changing from "Very Good", then to "Excellent" and then to "Very Good" again? If so that is a change in status.

As opposed to saying "Excellent", "Excellent", "Excellent" all the time.
            To answer your question, yes as opposed.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post

Sounds good, I'll try it next time I have the energy to re-edit my registry and after I try Aaron's suggestion of using the MS Powertoy.
              You mean after exerting all that energy trying to help you find what would appear to be a sure solution to your problem, you don't even have the energy to give it a try? See ya. Wouldn't wanna be ya.

Lazy big island style computer tech bum.

Comment

Originally posted by lurkah View Post
                You mean after exerting all that energy trying to help you find what would appear to be a sure solution to your problem, you don't even have the energy to give it a try? See ya. Wouldn't wanna be ya.

Lazy big island style computer tech bum.

It's not like I gotta do it right away, as I'm on another computer that doesn't have that problem.

Here's the breakdown for attempting a re-edit sooner than later:

1) I'd have to pull out the IBM Thinkpad and boot it up instead of being here on HT
                2) I'd actually have to do what you told me to do
                3) Then I'd be chatting away on my small IBM Thinkpad's screen instead of my desktop's larger and more comfortable monitor.

By being lazy, I can avoid 1-3 and stay here on the Big Island where it's justified to be lazy.

I'll take the latter. Re-edits will always be available to this lazy bum, but to take advantage of being lazy is a rare opportunity for me and I'll choose to be lazy if I can. thank you

And furthermore...at least this BIg Island style computer tech bum can speak good engrish and is in the same time zone as most of us here

Ho man all that effort used up too much energy, and here on the Big Island it's all about energy conservation
                Last edited by craigwatanabe; May 13, 2008, 07:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X