• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• craigwatanabe
    replied
    Re: system tray pop up message

Originally posted by lurkah View Post
    You mean after exerting all that energy trying to help you find what would appear to be a sure solution to your problem, you don't even have the energy to give it a try? See ya. Wouldn't wanna be ya.

Lazy big island style computer tech bum.

It's not like I gotta do it right away, as I'm on another computer that doesn't have that problem.

Here's the breakdown for attempting a re-edit sooner than later:

1) I'd have to pull out the IBM Thinkpad and boot it up instead of being here on HT
    2) I'd actually have to do what you told me to do
    3) Then I'd be chatting away on my small IBM Thinkpad's screen instead of my desktop's larger and more comfortable monitor.

By being lazy, I can avoid 1-3 and stay here on the Big Island where it's justified to be lazy.

I'll take the latter. Re-edits will always be available to this lazy bum, but to take advantage of being lazy is a rare opportunity for me and I'll choose to be lazy if I can. thank you

And furthermore...at least this BIg Island style computer tech bum can speak good engrish and is in the same time zone as most of us here

Ho man all that effort used up too much energy, and here on the Big Island it's all about energy conservation
    Last edited by craigwatanabe; May 13, 2008, 07:23 PM.

Leave a comment:

• lurkah
    replied

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post

Sounds good, I'll try it next time I have the energy to re-edit my registry and after I try Aaron's suggestion of using the MS Powertoy.
    You mean after exerting all that energy trying to help you find what would appear to be a sure solution to your problem, you don't even have the energy to give it a try? See ya. Wouldn't wanna be ya.

Lazy big island style computer tech bum.

Leave a comment:

• craigwatanabe
    replied

Originally posted by helen View Post
    It's changing from "Very Good", then to "Excellent" and then to "Very Good" again? If so that is a change in status.

As opposed to saying "Excellent", "Excellent", "Excellent" all the time.
    To answer your question, yes as opposed.

Leave a comment:

• craigwatanabe
    replied

Sounds good, I'll try it next time I have the energy to re-edit my registry and after I try Aaron's suggestion of using the MS Powertoy.

Leave a comment:

• lurkah
    replied

the problem I'm having is on my IBM Thinkpad is the message for signal strength keeps popping up wayyyy to often, like every minute.

Funny though as none of my other computers have that problem.
    Take a look at this info that apparently helped somebody fix this very same problem. Seems easy enough to try, but as always back up your registry first.

Leave a comment:

• helen
    replied

It's changing from "Very Good", then to "Excellent" and then to "Very Good" again? If so that is a change in status.

As opposed to saying "Excellent", "Excellent", "Excellent" all the time.

Leave a comment:

• craigwatanabe
    replied

No the signal strength remains the same. It's just constantly reminding me that it's still receiving signal as strong as it did the last minute.

It's as annoying as my 10-year old asking me that age old question while enroute to the beach, "Are we there yet?"

Hmmm next time my kid asks me that repeatedly, I'll tell him, "yeah we passed it already".

Leave a comment:

• helen
    replied

the problem I'm having is on my IBM Thinkpad is the message for signal strength keeps popping up wayyyy to often, like every minute.

You mean the change of signal strength is only on your IBM Thinkpad? Another laptop in the same spot does not give you changing signal strength status message?

As far as surpressing those signal strength status messages right now I don't have a clue. I checked one laptop and I didn't see any obvious way to surpressing those status messages.

Leave a comment:

• craigwatanabe
    replied

The updates for virus protection was just an example of what I meant for pop ups, the problem I'm having is on my IBM Thinkpad is the message for signal strength keeps popping up wayyyy to often, like every minute.

I don't have a problem with anti-virus as they're automatically updated anyway and since if I do get a virus that AVG can't fix, I can take care of that myself.

Leave a comment:

• lurkah
    replied

Anyway I tried what you suggested unfortunately there's nothing to check off regarding signal strength of your wireless signal.

Mahalo anyway.
    You actually have two separate issues going on here. The issue I addressed was for your, "It's those stupid yellow pop up windows telling you stuff like, "Your Anti-virus is out of date, click here to correct", to "Updates are ready, click here to install" you know those annoying pop ups." Unchecking those options will cause those messages to cease.

By the way, those stupid messages won't seem so stupid once your computer gets whacked by a virus that's managed to worm its way past your obsolete virus definitions.

Leave a comment:

• craigwatanabe
    replied

IT IS ALIVE!!!! Oh man I thought you dropped off the face of the earth. Nice to see you're still lurking Anyway I tried what you suggested unfortunately there's nothing to check off regarding signal strength of your wireless signal.

Mahalo anyway.

Leave a comment:

• Leo Lakio
    replied

Nice to see I've still got the touch.
    Oh, you're still "touched," all right.

Leave a comment:

• lurkah
    replied

Originally posted by tutusue View Post

<F A I N T>
    Nice to see I've still got the touch.

Leave a comment:

• tutusue
    replied

[snip]
    <F A I N T>

Leave a comment:

• lurkah
    replied

It's those stupid yellow pop up windows telling you stuff like, "Your Anti-virus is out of date, click here to correct", to "Updates are ready, click here to install" you know those annoying pop ups.
    Open Control Panel/Security Center, then in the left pane click on "Change the way Security Center alerts me" and uncheck whichever ones that bug you.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X