Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's getting Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas this week?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's getting Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas this week?

*raises his right hand*

I risked a lot of things studing and craming things to pass my 3rd quarter, saying to myself that I'd get the new GTA game if I pass, and I did, so I'm treating myself to that game (after doing homework and chores).

I know that this board consists of adults (some old, some young) but if you do play video games, will you be picking up this game? (FYI, this game puts you in control of a young black person, who just got of jail, and is seeking revenge on his younger brother who just passed away and his family who is falling apart.) Yes, this game is rated Mature, and this has a lot of drugs, sex, and violence, and you get to kill gang members in the process (and also pedestrians, police, SWAT, the army) but unlike what the news portray, I know what's reality, and what's video games. I play GTA:Vice City on the PC almost everyday (except when I have a lot of homework) and you don't see me on the news shooting people and stealing cars.
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Re: Who's getting Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas this week?

HMM, yess I will try to pick it up some time this week. It looks like fun

edit:
    same here.. I don't really understand how people could fuzz the line between video game and reality...

Comment

You know, I had an experience this week that illustrated just how mainstream video games have become. I was at a seminar, and the delegates were all business folks -- accountants, bankers, attorneys, analysts, and the like. Not surprisingly, much of the talk was about golf, Vegas, cars I'll never be able to afford...

And then one of the women there, probably in her early 30s, mentioned her game system. And two other people at the table knew what she was talking about. And she confessed she only played a couple of games... including Grand Theft Auto.

The other one? The Sims.

Comment

I just bought that game for my 15-year old yesterday $52 after tax at Game Stop at the Prince Kuhio Mall in Hilo. Was that a mistake? I never looked at the rating, just assumed it was alright since the cashier didn't seem to care that it was for a teenager. I think I'll look at the rating now.
        Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

You may want to. These games portray extremely graphic violence, drugs, and gang violence...

Comment

Adrian and everybody else who's into these violent videogames: a pocket version should be available in March, along with the new portable Sony Playstation.

http://news.zdnet.com/2100-1040_22-5...tag=zdnn.alert

Miulang
            "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by j3rr3y
              I don't really understand how people could fuzz the line between video game and reality...

true, but it has been known that Video games help some young kids learn to drive before they set their fanny on the driver's seat of a real auto...

Comment

Originally posted by adri1456
                Yes, this game is rated Mature, and this has a lot of drugs, sex, and violence, and you get to kill gang members in the process (and also pedestrians, police, SWAT, the army)

Sounds like it ought to be rated Immature.

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
                  true, but it has been known that Video games help some young kids learn to drive before they set their fanny on the driver's seat of a real auto...
                  It can also produce a syndrome that will forever be known as "carpal THUMB"!

Miulang
                  "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
                    Adrian and everybody else who's into these violent videogames: a pocket version should be available in March, along with the new portable Sony Playstation.

http://news.zdnet.com/2100-1040_22-5...tag=zdnn.alert

Miulang
                    WHOOT!!!

That's how the PSP will overtake the DS in sales!!!

But its ironic, that a PSP version will come out before the PC version of the latest GTA game (and I hope it won't be like the GBA version)

Comment

Of course it had to happen: now there is a lawsuit against the makers of Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas being filed by the LA City attorney. The suit claims that Rockstar Games embedded a "mini game" in which the characters could engage in "explicit sexual acts." (This is in addition to the murder, drug dealing and pimping action contained in the game).

It was originally rated "Mature", but now is rated "Adults Only." Stores like WalMart, Target and Best Buy have since pulled the game off their shelves.

Miulang

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
                        Of course it had to happen: now there is a lawsuit against the makers of Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas being filed by the LA City attorney. The suit claims that Rockstar Games embedded a "mini game" in which the characters could engage in "explicit sexual acts." (This is in addition to the murder, drug dealing and pimping action contained in the game).

It was originally rated "Mature", but now is rated "Adults Only." Stores like WalMart, Target and Best Buy have since pulled the game off their shelves.

Miulang
                        Damn, I just hate it when the media jumps to conclusions.

If they've been paying attention, you need to modify some files to play the minigame. I myself have never seen the scenes, but I do hear some sounds when the GF says if you want to come in for some "coffee".

Heck, I've seen/heard worse when I'm not playing the game. Whoever is smart enough to modify the game to see the scene, then is smart enough to know what the results will be.

Comment

sheeepishly comes into room. looks if anybody is looking. aahhh...nobody is.

...I'm buying one. not foa me, foa my son.

goes back to other other threads.

a.l.
                          Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                          Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Haha those jerkos still whining about Hot Coffee...it's not as exciting as they seem to think it is...nor is it readily accessible. Those girlfriends are nags, anyway

It's funny, because the main character is totally against drugs...and pimping is an optional side mission that's only needed for 100% completion and consists of driving some girl from point a to point b and back. But murder, yeah, it's there...sweet, sweet murder...
                            myspace | facebook | puppy moonwalk

Comment

Originally posted by kupomog
                              But murder, yeah, it's there...sweet, sweet murder...
                              Don't forget about gambling, illegal street racing, cop killing, gang banging, and flying planes into buildings/countryside etc.

And to think, they've only started...

Comment

Working...
                              X