Number forwarding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Number forwarding

Does anyone know of a company that houses your phone number and provide forwarding of all incoming calls?

This is the scenario I wish to have:

1) Move/port my phone number from Time Warner to "a company". They don't have to provide phone service, must forwarding.
    2) When people call that number it gets forwarded to my cell.

Anyone?

The reason I want it that way is because my home phone number is very valuable and I don't want to give it up. However, I don't want to pay for a home phone service that I rarely use. I know, I can add it as a line to my T-Mobile family plan but it would use my minutes.

Mahalo!

Re: Number forwarding

If you had a Hawaiian Tel. land line at home I could tell you how to do it but, alas, no clue with TW. Sorry. A lotta good I am, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
      If you had a Hawaiian Tel. land line at home I could tell you how to do it but, alas, no clue with TW. Sorry. A lotta good I am, huh?
      How would you do it with Hawaiian Tel? You still have to pay for their phone service don't you?

Comment

Yes, you'd still have to pay for it but at a reduced rate. IIRC, it's called remote call forwarding. I wanted to keep my phone # when I moved out of that prefix's area. That business number now has no equipment installed anywhere. Instead HawTel forwards calls to the Oahu # of my choice. It costs $14.50/mo. Dunno if a residential number costs less.

Comment

I'll check it out but that's still kind of pricey for just forwarding. I could get an extra line on my family cell plan for less than that.

Thanks for the info.

Does anyone know of another company providing remote call forwarding.

Comment

Working...
          X