Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Who's your email provider?

Originally posted by doc1456
    To update my list, I use Hawaiian Telcom (atleast configured in outlook - their webmail stinks) and I primarily use gmail now, but I did sign up for another microsoft and msn email address.
    Oh my, Outlook is so 90's , you really need to upgrade and get
    Mozilla Thunderbird
    Check out my blog on Kona issues :
    The Kona Blog

Comment

I've been using Windows Live Mail beta for about 2-3 months. It's fairly neat and user-friendly, but you might have some lags if the computer specs are not so high. I wouldn't say it's an upgrade from Hotmail, but next generation of Hotmail (just like the iPod?)

The e-mails won't show any type of images unless you allow the sender (or add them in your contact list).

You can always opt out if you don't like the beta, so give it a try.

I use it with MSN and Live.com, it's pretty good. If you do get to try live.com, it's really useful.

Because you can see everything from your daily horoscope, your Hotmail, stock quote, local news, international news, tech stuff, sports news, your favorite sports team scores, cooking recipes, etc on one page. (you can set it up to as much tabs you want, just like the new Internet Explorer 7)
      Last edited by jungbum; September 28, 2006, 11:12 AM.

Comment

and I have g-mail for all the spam mails.

Comment

Originally posted by Konaguy
          Oh my, Outlook is so 90's , you really need to upgrade and get
          Mozilla Thunderbird
          I know yeah? I'm already using Firefox and got my feet wet in Ubuntu, so why should I use more open source software? I'll play with it soon.
          How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Originally posted by Konaguy View Post
            Anyway back on topic, my primary e-mail through Hawaiian Telcom.
            I've got HT. But Verizon ticked me off my selling. From what I've read, I'm thinking the owners are going to do their "business magic" and sell out. So I moved my primary email to GMail. Now I can change ISPs (or have them sold out from under me) without any more hassle.

Comment

Originally posted by GeckoGeek View Post
              I've got HT. But Verizon ticked me off my selling. From what I've read, I'm thinking the owners are going to do their "business magic" and sell out. So I moved my primary email to GMail. Now I can change ISPs (or have them sold out from under me) without any more hassle.
              Thats how I survived when the Verizon/HT transition happened, by using Gmail
              during the interim
              Check out my blog on Kona issues :
              The Kona Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Konaguy View Post
                Thats how I survived when the Verizon/HT transition happened, by using Gmail
                during the interim
                So you switched from GMail to HT? Why?

Comment

Working...
                X