Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cyber Cafe in Kaimuki area.

Hello everybody,

I am looking to open Cyber Cafe in Kaimuki Area or Diamomd Head and at the moment i am in phase looking for buying RETAIL office space (500+ sf).

I need to open Cyber Cafe because geting my EB-5 Investor visa.
    (after 2 yr i will get green card).
    I plan to setup 30+ PC on LAN with T1 connection.

But for last month looking for buying some retail office space is unsuccessful. I found on craigslist but most of them are for rent. (and also i looking for "fee simple" retail space). I need to invest 500k $ for geting this EB-5 investor visa that means i will invest 450.000$ in retail office space .

Other requirement is to employe 10 us citizen.
    That means i should work 24/7 + cleaning + drink stuff.

Do you have any suggestion what to do before i start

you are all welcomed.

Re: Cyber Cafe in Kaimuki area.

Kaimuki's a good place for it. Let me know if you need an experienced computer guy to work graveyard shifts over summer vacations.

You might check out Coffee Talk, a cafe in Kaimuki that offers free wifi.
    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
    GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

I'm trying to think of any buildings in the 2 areas that fit your needs and can't come up with any. I think you might need to look for one of those old, small, cottage style houses that are in an appropriately zoned area. There used to be several on Monsarrat Ave. It seems to me you might need to look at a small office building, use the space that works best for you and rent out the other space. Of course this puts you in the position of being a landlord which might be difficult for someone new to the country.

Comment

I looking for this area..
        http://vradovic.googlepages.com/area.jpg

It is too risky to rent when i have enouf investment for buying. Probably i will look around for some nice and clean space.

Comment

I think you might want to adjust your 'rectangle' a little more south. There's not much commercial space mauka of Waialae Ave. (mauka means towards the mountain). I sincerely doubt that you'll find an, approx. 500 sq. ft. office space that's for sale. Those types of spaces are almost always within a larger building.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
            I think you might want to adjust your 'rectangle' a little more south. There's not much commercial space mauka of Waialae Ave. (mauka means towards the mountain). I sincerely doubt that you'll find an, approx. 500 sq. ft. office space that's for sale. Those types of spaces are almost always within a larger building.

"more south" means where ? on my .jpg image 'south' is diamond head.
            For me Waialae Ave. looks perfect because is in middle of residental area.
            and this cyber cafe (LAN gaming) is for members mostly not just for short visitors 'tourist'.

But on Waialae Ave. looks very hard to find something for buying...

Also i do some investigation there is no LAN cyber cafe near to Kaimuki.

Comment

If your rectangle is exactly the area you're looking at, then the north (mauka, or mountain side) border is too far into residential areas. Commercial space extends only about a half a block mauka of Waialae and a block or so makai (south) of Waialae to Harding. If your rectangle is just a general area and you're already aware that the commercial district in Kaimuki is long and narrow then, no problem!

This is a scary time in a scary economy to be opening any new business. Have you thought about trying to negotiate a short lease or trying to go month to month, instead of buying immediately, just to see how your business does? If it does well then you have time to find something to buy. Just a thought.

Out of curiosity, what attracted you to Kaimuki?

Comment

Working...
              X