Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cell phone recycling

Pzarquon,....

In reply to your Treo 650, sounds neat, altough, it's really to wide for me.

I think, I would rather go with the LG 3G cell phone(which I can't find the link for it at this time). That one has a video phone, which "enables you to see & talk to someone in real time when you need to most". I am sure that phone is or can be quite expensive, seeing as I have never seen it before, except on a magazine. I don't I care to much on camera phone, it's to complicated for me to figure out. My belief is; simple is better.

Happy Holidays to all.
    Aches & Pains
    (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Comment

I agree the simpler the better. I got a cell phone for my aging mother (mid 70's) and she just cannot get the hang of the Keyguard function. Cell manufacturers need to make simple cell phones like the old land line phones. A simple keypad, and simple aux buttons: one to answer a call and one to hang up. Plus the power button on/off. Plus the buttons need to be large and with a tactile "Click" sound. The displays need to be bright and large for those with poor vision and loud earpieces for the hard of hearing.
      Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Craig,

I have a nokia 3595 which I received from AT & T wireless,
        & that one is the most simplest one ever for me.
        Unfortunately cingular will be taking over,
        & the 3595 will soon be out of stock, if it is not already.
        I am sure if there is enough people &/or customers would
        bring it up enough to their attention, My bet is that, they could
        manufacture such a phone for people like your mother .
        Seeing as Cingular will be the main provider now, over AT & T,
        & all they have are flip phones, I am thinking of switching
        over to a newer phone which will have"roll over minutes".(Motorola V180).
        I am not sure if I will get it soon, perhaps at a later date, because I really don't use my phone that much & I always end up having more on the last day I have to re set it. I brought up the subject of a video flip phone for my hubby & I to have, & all he could say was "so we could see each other talk on the phone?". I think that would have a lot of practicality on it, he can talk to me while he is driving. Place the phone on his dash board, with a holder ofcourse attached with a velcro, so that it doesn't move side to side as he is driving, that way, technically he is not holding it, & still able to look where he is driving & I can see & talk to him. I think that is a really nifty idea. Perhaps he will want to agree with me at a later time.
        I think men tend to think things over first, & later say, "hay that's a good idea, I like that, let's get it". btw- that's still a good thing.

Happy Holidays.
        Last edited by Serenity; December 10, 2004, 08:03 AM.
        Aches & Pains

Comment

Serenity...looks can be dangerous especially if he's looking at your pretty little eyes instead of the road.

I personally don't like video phones simply because you cannot roll your eyes every time the other person talks forever.... ramble ramble ramble.... you know?

What I'd like to see is a cell phone that can open my car door, garage door, and can change the channels on my TV set so I can stop buying all those damned batteries for all my remotes.

For my mom a simple cell phone with the basics like a standard phone: Flip it open, hear a dial tone, dial the number, flip it closed to hang up. Simple and straightforward. It's funny that we demand a gazillion features on our cell phone but don't even bat an eye when purchasing a land line phone.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
            Serenity...looks can be dangerous especially if he's looking at your pretty little eyes instead of the road.
            Craig, You are right about that, & thanks for that " pretty little eyes" compliment.

I personally don't like video phones simply because you cannot roll your eyes every time the other person talks forever.... ramble ramble ramble.... you know?
            So definately right again. *thumbs up smiley*
            I guess I wont get that video phone,
            I wouldn't want him to get into an accident, in account of me.

What I'd like to see is a cell phone that can open my car door, garage door, and can change the channels on my TV set so I can stop buying all those damned batteries for all my remotes.
            Now, don't we all. Let me know when you find one.

For my mom a simple cell phone with the basics like a standard phone: Flip it open, hear a dial tone, dial the number, flip it closed to hang up. Simple and straightforward. It's funny that we demand a gazillion features on our cell phone but don't even bat an eye when purchasing a land line phone.
            Don't they have a simple cell phone for your mom, at all?. I would think they woul have something as close to it.

As far as cingular, I am very disapointed in their plan. I think I will just stay with what I have. Atleast cingular will let me keep the plan I already have. If anything at all, just for havinga new phone, I will think about switching over to T-Mobile, atleast with them, I can still have the same plan, along with a Free phone(V180), headset, home charger, & even a leather case.
            Gee, can't beat that deal.

Craig, perhaps, you need to keep looking & trying to find that
            right cell phone for your mom. I would think that different companies
            have different cell phone(s).
            Personally, if I do get a whole a new phone(V180), I will still keep my nokia 3595,
            regardless of anything. I'm sure I will find ways to use it. :-)

Aloha & Happy Holidays.
            Aches & Pains

Comment

For those who still want to receycle your cell phone(s)....

Found this ad, for all who wants cash for recycling..

http://cellulartradeins.com/

Not sure how valid & true to their word they are &
              whether they will actually give you cash back or not.

Personally, I am still keeping mine.

Aloha & Happy Holidays.
              Aches & Pains

Comment

It seems the marketing folks at all the wireless phone companies are targeting younger people instead of the elderly. My parents are really old and what seems practical to us is complex to them. My dad was born before Henry Ford rolled out the first car. Life was simpler then and so it should be today. A push button phone was hard for my dad to comprehend now those buttons serve several functions!

I tell you life is so complicated my VCR's clock is still blinking 88:88 and I've since upgraded to DVD's, I'm just glad there's no blinking clock on those (yet)

KISS Keep It Simple (Stupid), I follow that mentality.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
                  It seems the marketing folks at all the wireless phone companies are targeting younger people instead of the elderly. My parents are really old and what seems practical to us is complex to them. My dad was born before Henry Ford rolled out the first car. Life was simpler then and so it should be today. A push button phone was hard for my dad to comprehend now those buttons serve several functions!

I tell you life is so complicated my VCR's clock is still blinking 88:88 and I've since upgraded to DVD's, I'm just glad there's no blinking clock on those (yet)

KISS Keep It Simple (Stupid), I follow that mentality.
                  The prepaid phones tend to be simpler. If you can find one that is analog, I bet your mom could manage that. The TracPhones can be pretty easy to use if you don't preprogram all the bells and whistles (the Nokias are better than the Motorolas).

Miulang
                  "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Craig,
                    I really like that idea. "K.I.S.S."
                    Infact, I was given that idea long time ago, & I had forgotten
                    all about it.

Miulang,....

That is a super idea of that analog & track phone.
                    I am so use to the newer models, that I also completely forgotten
                    about those old model phones. Good idea.
                    yes, the nokias are really easier than the motorolas. Thanks Miulang.

Craig, I hope that you found Miulang's information helpful to you
                    for your mother to have. I hope that they still have those easy to handle phones out there.

Aloha & Happy Holidays.
                    Aches & Pains

Comment

Working...
                    X